2009 Setlist Predictions

hahninator

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love you guys for bringing up High Voltage. That'd be unbelievable, the venue would probably explode from concentrated awesomeness. Unfortunately I don't see that happen. I do think however, With You will return, maybe Reading My Eyes and a new song.

In my opinion they could drop Crawling and In The End, but, as mentioned before, that will probably never happen as they also have to meet the needs of the occasional listeners. ;)

Papercut is an absolute must.

Why drop Crawling and In The End? Those songs are the biggest hits from the old days. In The End will nv be dropped no matter how many times it's played, and Crawling is amazing!!! I'm not saying In The End isn't either but it gets boring after a while, but Crawling always stays amazing cuz they always do something new with it!! Well not always but now they are!!

I'm still hoping they bring back By Myself and use the extended intro as a transition from LOATR, hoping like a puppy that they'll bring back With You in the least. Def wudn't mind a new demo or mayb a finished song. Who knos? Mayb they'll play something off the Dead By Sunrise album. I mean it's not like it's Fort Minor where it's violins, backup singers, a DJ, and then Mike and SOB. It's just pretty much a rock band like LP is.

Edited by LPPRJKT4

i really hope they bring figure.09 back

i love that song

i was listening to it last night and i thought it would be awesome to hear live again

with NRL, i watched the making of mtm and they played it all as a band

now if they played it near the start of the show i think mikes vocals might be able to handle it

tho it has been a while so his vocals might of improved

• 1 month later...

Old thead but I'd like to add my 2 cents.

Assuming it's a 21 song setlist.

Crawling, ITE, and OSC will never be dropped. 3

BTH, in my opinion, means a lot to Chester so I think that will also never be dropped, rare possibility. 4

Numb, WID, BIO, Faint, GU, NMS, highly doubt will be dropped. Up to 10.

LOATR was majorly hyped by the band and one of their favs, I also love the transition from this to Numb, hopefully it stays. 11

Don't Stay, maybe dropped, but most likely stays, contrary to the title. :D 12

Papercut is for the old school fans, I'm hoping they go another route for the hardcores, but has a possibility of staying. 13

LFY, good song, but I think it's now out of Chester's range, it is a very hard song to sing. May be dropped.

FTI and POA I think wil be dropped.

I'm hoping they keep SIB because it's one of my favs, possibly being dropped.

SOTD and PMA are 50/50.

PR 2007 setlists featured roughly 7 songs from M2M, and, if they keep that number the same, and also assuming all 13 of the songs I think they'll keep are accurate, we may see between 1-3 oldies brought back, or will also include songs that I mentioned being dropped. I'm still hoping I get a chance to see APFMH and With You live.

Here's my prediction.

New Divide will definately be played.

I think Lying From You will remain in the sets but not every set, it may end up going the same way as FTI and end up in one set instead of all 3 like it used to.

FTI / Don't Stay / POA- I would really be pissed off if FTI was dropped, it's one of my fav songs of all time, I don't think it'll be dropped completely but it prob won't be played as much anymore. Don't Stay will most likely be dropped but possibly played occasionally. POA I can't see being dropped until the new album comes out, the band has so much fun playing that song.

Crawling, ITE, OSC, Numb, WID, LOATR- Def will remain in the sets, at least for this tour. I can actually see Crawling or OSC being dropped from at least one of the sets when the 4th album comes out cuz they prob won't be playing Hybrid Theory as much in order to fit more new songs in the sets. Numb will probably stay as it's one of their most popular Meteora singles. What I've Done and LOATR will also definately remain in the sets, lead singles off M2M.

SOTD- I'm not sure about this one either, it's a pretty big single but not very popular... I have to agree w mandarinmustang and say 50/50 on this one.

BTH- No way in hell will this be dropped from the set. First of all it took Chester alot of practice to play this song live so he won't be giving that up too easily, definately a permanent staple. However, whether they will use the vocal intro is another story. It was pretty famous even among normal fans who didn't know much bout live shows, but they seem to be bored of playing it.

APFMH- As most of u kno, this song took almost a year to bring back in the sets, but was dropped again after a few months. I personally don't think they will play this anymore cuz when u compare the performances now to the old days, Chester just doesn't have the strength to do it. I was stoked to hear it at MSG but then I listened to the SBD a few times, and Chester sounds very tired and bored of the song.

NMS, Wake / Given Up- Given Up will def remain, it's one of the hardcore metal / rock songs Chester can still pull off. NMS will prob be played in every set this year, but next year mite be played only in 1 or 2 sets, depending on the length of the shows I guess. I also personally hope to see another remix of Wake, but I'll be fine with Wake 2.0 as well.

Faint- No questions asked, this song will remain. I wud be very surprised if it was dropped, they usually have alot of fun.

Now as for older songs such as With You, Step Up, High Voltage, Forgotten, and even some less played Meteora songs like Nobody's Listening, HTF, and ETR. HTF definately will never be played again, Chester hates the song he said, and it just doesn't have alot of energy played live. It's an album song, let's face it. With You I can see being brought back in the set a few times, it's not that hard to play live and when they play it it's more sampled anyway as they use alot of Reanimation parts. Plus it's an excuse to play more Reanimation as well. I think Step Up and High Voltage will be rapped over POA if people request it or the band decides to do it themselves, assuming POA remains in the set. Forgotten I can't really see the band doing either, it's a great live song, especially the bridge, but it's just too old. As for Meteora, I believe that the band may play something like Nobody's Listening again, or just rap it over POA again, but I don't think they'll play any others like ETR, same as HTF, not enough energy. I mean, Hahn mite switch up CFTI to Session, I def hope so, but that's prob it. Possibly they may bring back Figure.09 tho for a few shows, that's a pretty fun song to play live. So those are my predictions.

yeah yeah finally i got in touch with this thread

sooo...

lemme start

Hybrid Theory:

Papercut - hard to say, i think this year in at least one set

One Step Closer - definiatly until 2010

With You - would love to hear it, hopefully they´ll do it at one concert as special or at one set

Points: they will still play it this year, and then tack the outro to another song

Crawling: this year still

Runaway: never, chester hates it, but i would love to hear it :)

By Myself: yeah, could be brought back

In The End: yeah, definiatly until 2010

A Place For My Head: at 1 set only, hopefully meteora tour style

Forgotten: would die to see that again, but as one of the posters above me said, it´s too old to be played any more (in the relation to other songs like OSC/ITE, also not that popular)

Cure For The Itch: would also die to see it, but i doubt they´ll play it

Pushing Me Away: yeah, maybe the reanimation style, would perfectly fit since they play at many outdoor venues this year

Meteora:

Don´t Stay: Yeah, would love to see the 2004 intro added to it

Somewhere I Belong: unfortunately (for me, don´t like the song any more) yes, at least on two sets

Lying From You: yeah, all sets, with the intro

Hit The Floor: never, chester hates the song

Easier To Run: imo LP should play it, many people love the song (i do as well) and the song is just beautiful :)

Faint: yes, no doubt

Figure.09: maybe with FTI at one set

Breaking The Habit: also no doubt

From The Inside: maybe with F.09 at one set

Nobody´s Listening: would be nice to see again, but i doubt it

Session: never :(

Numb: definiatly, yes

Minutes To Midnight:

Wake (yeah, 2.0 completed, it will sound completely different i think and used as intro with Given Up after)

Given Up: no doubt, again connected with Wake)

Leave Out All The Rest: unfortunately yes (many hate the song, but that is what LP likes to play right now :S)

Bleed It Out: no doubt, best party song for them

Shadow Of The Day: no doubt

What I´ve Done: definiatly no doubt

Hands Held High: would like to see mike rapping those lines, but i doubt it, only in 1 set maybe..

No More Sorrow: no doubt, but they shouldn´t open with the song any more, 3 tours with the same intro, it´s annoying for a longer period

Valentines Day: hard to say, this song will still survive this tiny tour, but only in 1 set

In Between: same as VDay

In Pieces: yeah, at least in one set

The Little Things Give You Away: yeah, also in 1 set

Other songs:

QWERTY: i hope for it, in one set i think

No Roads Left: i hope they´ll do at one show as special

We Made It: i think no, also only as special at one show

One of the Collision Course songs: also only at one show as special, like MSG in 08

Reading My Eyes: Unfortunately no, but possible as verse over Points

New Divide: of course, was announced by Chester

Any covers? can´t imagine ^^

All the knowns raps over Points are possible.

Also, BIO could be changed for 09, maybe a new party style ^^

Edited by sckofelng

im surprised at how many people are saying no roads left...its not gonna happen...mikes voice isnt strong enough to sing In Between by himself, he would never be able to play NRL....just my thoughts...I want to hear Chester singing it tho :) i def think that (as its a metal gig) either with you or APFMH will be brought back, or maybe both, and rotated...i want qwerty, and maybe a heavier version of BTH!!!!......just a few thoughts!

I reckon No Roads Left may be played. Mike said before the cancelled china shows he wanted to try a least once, And I just bet all my money it was going to be on the china setlist, so I reckon mike may add it to this set for at least 1 show.

Chester already said they wud play New Divide, so we can def count on at least one new song in the new sets, I also agree w/ Projektion that they might do NRL once or twice, Mike did he say he wanted to play it live a few times.

I can see them opening shows with New Divide, the intro has the kind of buildup in it that goes along with the beginning of a show. If not, it could be the first song after the encore break.

I can see them opening shows with New Divide, the intro has the kind of buildup in it that goes along with the beginning of a show. If not, it could be the first song after the encore break.

that could work....or it can lead off of Numb or LOATR. It could be a first song before the slow section.

To be honest, I can't see them bringing back any classics (apart from the obvious singles). Mike gives the impression he really does not want to go back there while chester is slagging off old songs and they're both treating Meteora and HT as they are two parts which is a bit immature move if you ask me, especially since upon Meteora's release they insisted it was different to HT, which everyone understood, expect from the odd review which seemed to get to Mike. Its obvious in live performances as well, it’s slacky and you can just tell they don't enjoy themselves doing old classics, which is sad. So even though how badly we want some old classics back again, I really can't see it.

So unfortunately I can't see much changes taking place at all, except New Divide and maybe a few older songs being dropped.

i think LockJaw will be a great opening ...

Edited by linkindude

well my prediction is clear, NO SLOW SONGS like PMA (piano), LOATR, TLTGYA, IP, IB this is boring, keep BTH... then no crawling, no SIB, no LFY and no HHH (less HHH over crawling, god it's terrible)...these songs lack of energy... bring back F.09 and others, whatever, as long as they dont play the songs i already said. QWERTY summer sonic 06 style...etc

Firstly I really doubt that the setlist will be any longer than the MTM touring cycle setlist, and will probably be shorter. Most bands I know of sorta keep a low profile during recording stuff, so they don't play really long shows or anything (that's how I see it anyway)

Songs I see will be dropped: PMA, VD, Maybe SOTD

Songs I see will be added: With You, Runaway, Figure .09, Forgotten (if the guys are feeling extra generous), maybe By Myself if Chester's voice is up to it.

Songs I think you guys are asking to much for: NRL, Hit The Floor, Easier to Run, Any new song or song before HT (besides maybe RME),

Damn, i would do this one:

01. With You (Intro + Extended Bridge)

02. Lying From You (2008 version)

03. No More Sorrow (w/ Intro)

04. Papercut (W/ Intro)

05. By Myself (New intro)

06. Carousel

07. Nobody’s Listening (extended outro)

08. Easier To Run

09. Breaking The Habit

10. From The Inside

11. New Divide

12. In The End (with intro)

13. Bleed It Out (extended outro, no drumsolo)

14. Faint

15. Hit The Floor

16. High Voltage

17. Forgotten

18. A Place For My Head

19. One Step Closer (intro + reanimation bridge. No outro)

LOVE IT! :wub: