11.09.2011 - Chiba, Japan (Night 2) (LPU Summit #5)

sotrix

Why would it be the worst set list if he does it again? It only means that he has more practice and is improving his singing so that he may be more confident in singing more on albums and in live shows at a later time.

I have no problem if they keep NRL in BIO forever.

I personally don't think it would be a bad setlist (I have liked this set all along), my point is many members here instantly criticize and hate a setlist just because "OH NO IT GOT PLAYED TWICE!" Just look at the threads from the Las Vegas and Los Angeles shows where they played CFTI.

Vegas: "Cool they switched it up and played Cure For The Itch! I like it!

LA: "Cure For The Itch AGAIN!?!? Come on LP never does anything new!

He was referring to the constant complaining about setlists. Then they add something new. It's cool for a couple of shows then everyone complains about how there's nothing new again.

Yes, that's exatly what I meant. Edited by stl22

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

now see they played the same old generic playlist + a something awesome and everyone is ecstatic. Now if they do this at every show they will never have to worry about complaining setlist fans again

Sad, but probably true.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. This is HUGE. Fans have waited for the band to play this song in any way, shape or form since 2007!!!! I never thought this would ever happen!! It sounds amazing! Cannot wait for the DSP!!!! I love LP! Mike is the man!! :)

More like "a small contingent of hardcore LP fans on the Internet have been waiting for the band to play this song." The video doesn't lie - hardly anybody at the show gave a crap. Same type of reaction that QWERTY got in '07. People wonder why LP doesn't play stuff like this live? Compare the reaction when Mike starts singing NRL to the reaction when he starts APFMH. There's your answer.

Sad, but probably true.

More like "a small contingent of hardcore LP fans on the Internet have been waiting for the band to play this song." The video doesn't lie - hardly anybody at the show gave a crap. Same type of reaction that QWERTY got in '07. People wonder why LP doesn't play stuff like this live? Compare the reaction when Mike starts singing NRL to the reaction when he starts APFMH. There's your answer.

And I was one of those people in that contingent. I remember hoping that it would debut at PR 2007 even though I knew it wouldn't happen. Did the same for the US Tour, PR 2008, etc. And then sometime after the Pomona show in 2009 (Epicenter), I pretty much accepted that they would probably never play it live. Later of course, the band said they didn't like how it sounded during the rehearsals and then I forgot about it.

Fairly obvious why the crowd didn't react and go crazy. Most are probably not familiar with the song or don't know the song. And it probably caught them by surprise also.

Absolutely amazing though. It's really funny this happened. I was just joking the other night that No Roads Left would debut during the encore at one of the shows on this tour. I've been joking about that for over a year though and never thought there was any real chance they'd play it. Hopefully, it's a sign of things to come. Maybe the song can get it's full debut at a show in the future. For someone who waited long to hear it though (and thinks it's one of their top 10 songs), this is good enough for me at this point. Awesome and unexpected.

Edited by LinkinParkHotspur

I love how the band continues to experiment with Bleed It Out. No Roads Left sounded about as good as the first time they tried BITS over the bridge, but that definitely got better as time went on and hopefully (if they continue) this will as well.

And, as always, A Place For My Head sounds awesome!

Fairly obvious why the crowd didn't react and go crazy. Most are probably not familiar with the song or don't know the song. And it probably caught them by surprise also.

Watch the video again. The only people in shot stand still for the whole video bar a slight arm movement.

The video seems to be shot right from the back of the arena too. I'd like to see a video closer to the stage. God forbid it was just a bad audience instead of a bad performance. When I watched the MSG performance, the crowd may as well have been statues.

The reason APFMH got a louder reaction is because there was fan interaction. As the song moved into APFMH, Mike asked the crowd "Are you ready?" and they responded. Same applies to the "Go away" parts. Crowd interaction is required which is why it is louder.

So far, played over BIO we've had:

NRL

APFMH

RMI

BITS

I think I'm missing one here

Watch the video again. The only people in shot stand still for the whole video bar a slight arm movement.

The video seems to be shot right from the back of the arena too. I'd like to see a video closer to the stage. God forbid it was just a bad audience instead of a bad performance. When I watched the MSG performance, the crowd may as well have been statues.

The reason APFMH got a louder reaction is because there was fan interaction. As the song moved into APFMH, Mike asked the crowd "Are you ready?" and they responded. Same applies to the "Go away" parts. Crowd interaction is required which is why it is louder.

So far, played over BIO we've had:

NRL

APFMH

RMI

BITS

I think I'm missing one here

MSG crowd sucked because it was in the US, lol. US crowds don't go nuts anymore really for some reason.

You missed Papercut. In order over BIO we had:

RME (2008; 2010-2011)

Papercut (2009)

BITS (2010-2011)

APFMH (2010-2011)

NRL (2011)

Hope they keep doing NRL. Need the full song debut por favor. Mike sounded good. Of course no one will know it but that doesn't mean their OPINION is bad of it. I've seen stuff live I didn't know by an artist and sure, I stand still and look at it but I'm like "woah I love this band and I've never heard this song, what is this? time to go on the internet and find out...because that sounded pretty cool". It gets people's minds going. So what if the crowd isn't jamming? Throw APFMH in after it and the place erupts. Win/win.

I was thinking about that. It's just one angle from one point of the crowd. And if I'm being honest, the first time I watched it, it didn't seem like the crowd was that crazy for APFMH either until Chester started doing the "go away" parts. Up till then, the crowd reactions seemed the same. However, might just be me, but I think the crowd got loud for Mike right as he went into the chorus on NRL between 2:01-2:04.

Really though, none of this matters to me. NRL needs to be debuted in full, regardless of the crowd reaction it gets. As Mark said, more people need to discover this song. And that's part of the purpose behind the band playing it live. The more that they play it live and the more that people go online to hear the studio version, the more that it's going to grow on people and then they'll be even more excited when they hear it live again. There's absolutely no reason why it can't become as much of a fan favorite as LOATR or any other ballad. Cause frankly, it's just as good or better. And if crowd reaction is so important, they might as well forget about playing Robot Boy because the majority of casual fans couldn't care less about hearing that song. And unlike NRL, many have heard it. They just don't like it.

Edited by LinkinParkHotspur

Didn't Mike do the first verse of There They Go over the extended bridge of Bleed It Out once aswell?

You are right. I saw this post and was like "hmm"...I thought it was likely but I never remembered it exactly. I was just looking to see if LOATR was played in Utah in 2008 (random I know but it's semi-near Vegas and I was just checking)....bam:

http://lplive.net/shows/20080308.php

3:46

Nice find!

MSG crowd sucked because it was in the US, lol. US crowds don't go nuts anymore really for some reason.

I was front row at MSG 2011 and TONS of fans were completely going off. Chester even said he had to calm himself off. It's in LPTV if you missed it. The reason people think the crowd sucked is because the crowd was turned down so much on the Fuse broadcast. Listen to the SBD or watch some crowd videos, or take word from the band themselves.