Brad playing less guitar now...

CaseyRoach

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cue endless bitching over intentionally vague descriptions of music being written for an album that's nowhere close to being done yet. Mike, Phoenix, and Chester all play guitar too, and Brad's "not playing a lot of guitar" description of ATS wasn't particularly accurate, as his guitar work is pretty prominent in numerous songs on that album (BITS, WFTE, Iridescent, The Messenger). When it comes time to track the final versions of songs, Brad also always ends up playing a lot of stuff that Mike wrote/played on the earlier demos (Mike has always contributed to writing guitar parts for LP songs, but didn't actually record any guitar on Hybrid Theory or Meteora). I doubt he's taking that into account when saying he isn't playing a lot of guitar during the writing process. And this is irrelevant anyway, as the band is still writing new material all the time. Mike could walk into NRG next week with half a dozen new demos that are all guitar-heavy. Everything is subject to change at this point.

FYI, this is nothing new. During the writing process for Minutes to Midnight, Brad didn't even pick up a guitar until a couple months into the process - all of his early ideas were written on keys (including Song Q/Hands Held High).

Edited by Astat

HT and Meteora are rock/borderline metal albums. MTM is a punk rock/rock album. ATS is like some weird electro type shit or something. The next album will probably be ATS but even weirder and with like no screaming, no vocals from Chester, and Mike doing all the vocals and guitar. It'll be ''A Thousand Suns Part 2'' by Mike Shinoda and Friends. LOL.

HT and Meteora are rock/borderline metal albums. MTM is a punk rock/rock album. ATS is like some weird electro type shit or something. The next album will probably be ATS but even weirder and with like no screaming, no vocals from Chester, and Mike doing all the vocals and guitar. It'll be ''A Thousand Suns Part 2'' by Mike Shinoda and Friends. LOL.

I do NOT agree with you. Chester is the lead vocalist of the band, they can't do that, if Chester don't sing, it would be like he isn't in the band anymore. And what if it doesn't have scream? i don't care if he dont scream, he have a great voice to do alot of new things. And you are just MAD about ATS, why? "Mike sing too much", i think it's a great combination Chester and Mike. But you are just mad because you see less chester on ATS, and you are probably a fan of CHESTER, not Linkin Park.

"English isn't my native language"

I could swear there's a few song from the MTM era with have no Chester what so ever. No Roads Left, In Between of the top of my head.

I could swear there's a few song from the MTM era with have no Chester what so ever. No Roads Left, In Between of the top of my head.

But No Roads Left is a really great song and I love Mike's voice on it. I even like In Between. MTM was the best album IMO. Had something for everyone and there was more Chester vocals than Mike vocals, but Mike still had a decent amount, which is how LP should be. They say they want to change their sound on every album they release, but it looks like the next album will be ATS part 2 but even worse if that's possible.

They say they want to change their sound on every album they release, but it looks like the next album will be ATS part 2 but even worse if that's possible.

Dude, what? How in the world could you say that? You have no idea how the next album is gonna sound like. :blink:

Ill fucking laugh if its HT part 3. All you kiddies are writing off saying ATS Part 2 lalala when it only states Brad isnt playing guitar. That doesnt mean Mike isnt taking guitar duties on albums like he always does.

Ill fucking laugh if its HT part 3. All you kiddies are writing off saying ATS Part 2 lalala when it only states Brad isnt playing guitar. That doesnt mean Mike isnt taking guitar duties on albums like he always does.

You do have a point there. If Mike is taking guitar duties, I'm sure it will be kick ass.

You do have a point there. If Mike is taking guitar duties, I'm sure it will be kick ass.

Its funny. I actually love that little instrumental Lockjaw that Shinoda did for protools. I love the guitar work on that and that was all him.

Also the guitar work on The Rising Tied is pretty cool too.