Brad playing less guitar now...

CaseyRoach

Have you been inside the studio to even know what the album sounds like? FFS, and FYI Linkin Park doesn't make music specifically for you. Jesus Christ

None of you guys believe me, but wait until the first single comes out, and the album is released, and I bet my generalizations will be correct. Nobody wants to admit it. ATS is Linkin Park's new sound, the band has even said so. Chester said that MTM was the gap between their old sound and their new sound, and ATS is what the band made without any pressure and it's the album they wanted and love. Which means the follow up to ATS will sound like ATS because that is there new sound. I don't understand how Linkin Park went from being nu-metal, to a rock band (MTM) and now I don't even know what they are, I guess a pop band, but the music is pop without being pop. I don't understand it. I have tried to like ATS for a long time now but I just can't... and I'm just mad that the new album will probably sound like it, and we have no hope of another DBS album which sucks.

Also, I don't want nu-metal!!! Everyone seems to think just because I don't like ATS I want a nu-metal album from LP. I just want an album with some rock songs, that is all.

Edited by Geki

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burning in the Skies, The Catalyst, Iridescent, Blackout and Wretches and Kings are all rock songs.

Umm... really? Don't get me wrong, ATS is still my favorite Linkin Park record, but the only song I'd call 'rock' out of these is The Catalyst - and even it is disputable.

Posted Image

Burning in the Skies, The Catalyst, Iridescent, Blackout and Wretches and Kings are all rock songs.

No they're not. Given Up, Bleed It Out, No More Sorrow, What I've Done, etc, are rock songs.

Blackout is not a Rock song only the screams doesn't make it to a rock song, the song is a piece of beats and drums that making on a MPC didn't you hear that ? Where are the E-Gituars ? Where are the real Rock ? this only electronic beat mix with drums. You should ask yourself who are stupid is ? I didn't call that Rock, Art in Music yes, but not Rock.

Edited by Exzero

you said Given up was the heviest song on MTM, you are so wrong. No More sorrow is one of the heviest songs ever, in the LP catalog. And please stop troll, Nu metal is dead, OMG It's 2011! and please, stop say LP did Nu Metal, they never said they were a nu metal Band. And for who is saying x song isn't rock. Stop PLease, You can't Define what LP is, THEY ARE LINKIN PARK.

Edited by Malvar LP

Blackout is not a Rock song only the screams doesn't make it to a rock song, the song is a piece of beats and drums that making on a MPC didn't you hear that ? Where are the E-Gituars ? Where are the real Rock ? this only electronic beat mix with drums. You should ask yourself who are stupid is ? I didn't call that Rock, Art in Music yes, but not Rock.

So, Rock for you, need to have Guitar on it? Songs Without guitar isn't rock? Come on. Edited by Malvar LP

Hmm depend on the scream Given Up is the heaviest song. My personally feeling said that Qwerty is the heaviest song, but this song is not one of a official album. Nu metal is dead...I don't like that answer...every Artist can refresh this style with a fresh sound and new musicgenres. A style is only dead when the sound never change.

Why we can't discuss of the sound from LP ? They have changed in a heavy way..from a metal sound to a pop rock band and at least to a electronic beat drum Band. It's justifiable to discuss about this, I think.

@Edit : Over me, tell me why is that song a rock song for you ?

Edited by Exzero

Hmm depend on the scream Given Up is the heaviest song. My personally feeling said that Qwerty is the heaviest song, but this song is not one of a official album. Nu metal is dead...I don't like that answer...every Artist can refresh this style with a fresh sound and new musicgenres. A style is only dead when the sound never change.

Why we can't discuss of the sound from LP ? They have changed in a heavy way..from a metal sound to a pop rock band and at least to a electronic beat drum Band. It's justifiable to discuss about this, I think.

The problem is, Stop say Linkin Park were Nu metal, They never said they were. And yes, Nu metal is dead, if they refresh it, nothing gonna happen. you can tell it, look at Limp Bizkit, where are they now? They are Dead and every band that were classified as Nu Metal

I said we can't discuss or say what LP sound like, because it's totally different from anything out of there.

Edited by Malvar LP

I didn't say that LP a Nu metal Band is, or that they wanted a Nu metal Style. I think you have a problem with opinions, or not ?

Limp bizikt do only the same they can't compare together. I don't want a Nu Metal Album. What I wish is that LP write some heavy songs and don't forget they past. I love LP like the most people here, but some heavy songs are not difficult to imagine...and the songs can be different, too. We can discuss about the sound, then most of people questions are why they can't write different heavy song where chester is screaming ? Why they can take only the soft way ? Like I said, they should don't forget what they were and what they are and which fans out there. I don't have a problem with soft songs but I have a problem with a band that forget his starts.

heavier songs? ok, When They Come For Me, blackout(half heavy), Wretches and kings. If you want 100% to be heavier, i don't know, wait the next album. They can put alot of heavier shit, but i don't care. as they said in MTM, they did a lot of heavier songs for it but in the end, they cutted them. So if you have heavy songs, wait for the next album, and hope they write heavy songs.

to be honest i could care less about heav.soft. i actuall legitamately want Nu-metal back. since nu-metal won't happen, i want heavier songs/rapping that doesn't consist nu-metal but still has rap and heavy things

to be honest i could care less about heav.soft. i actuall legitamately want Nu-metal back. since nu-metal won't happen, i want heavier songs/rapping that doesn't consist nu-metal but still has rap and heavy things

I'm sorry for you. Yeah! heavier songs, that can happen, that happened on ATS. So it's not that hard to happen again. But the Nu metal thing, i think you should forget that.

This discussion is walking in circles, LOL

It seems like people get ELECTRONIC MUSIC confused with POP. Just because most modern pop songs use electronic instruments doesn't mean all electronic songs are pop.

Pop music is music from every band in the mainstream Linkin Park are mainstream band and a pop rock band. Their music going softer and softer with the last 2 album...and now they will going more softer what a proof need you when I say their songs are soft at the last album and going to more pop music ?

Every famous band is a mainstream band, because most people in the world hear these artists of course is LP one of them, they have many Album Hits in Europe the states and in the world. Don't tell me this is not mainstream music, but the terrible thing is that every person think this is negativ. Mainstream is not bad.

I just said, that linkin park is going softer and probally with that thought their music are going to more "Popular music" which mean this is Pop music..music for the most people in the world.

wow, what I did.

Every famous band is a mainstream band, because most people in the world hear these artists of course is LP one of them, they have many Album Hits in Europe the states and in the world. Don't tell me this is not mainstream music, but the terrible thing is that every person think this is negativ. Mainstream is not bad.

I just said, that linkin park is going softer and probally with that thought their music are going to more "Popular music" which mean this is Pop music..music for the most people in the world.

wow, what I did.

you are right

You do realize that HT was more popular that ATS right? I guess that was pop then too. And have you even listened to modern pop music, it's just annoying bullshit not soft songs. Also Softer songs are alternative not pop.