Brad playing less guitar now...

CaseyRoach

LOL @ them saying it's going to be ATS part 2. That's just ridiculous.

Anyway, this doesn't worry me at all. They are still in the writing process and anything could change at any time. They might suddenly decide to go super heavy.

I'm all for the guys making different sounds.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL @ them saying it's going to be ATS part 2. That's just ridiculous.

Anyway, this doesn't worry me at all. They are still in the writing process and anything could change at any time. They might suddenly decide to go super heavy.

I'm all for the guys making different sounds.

It shouldn't bother you that much that a few people said ATS Part 2. It's just an opinion dude, no need to have attacked me like that. Though I highly doubt the band will decide to go super heavy, because LP has never done anything remotely heavy, I agree that it is early in the writing process and they could decide to change a lot of things. Time will tell.

ATS part 2 >>>> HT Part 2

Regardless what we get, I don't mind less guitar if the guitar that's there is brilliant/unusual/different (like W4TE) I rather that than brad bring back lazy powerchords of old. I want to hear their technical skills.

Well, they said that the next album will not sound like ATS, so it's not will be ATS part 2. And the next album will be what the band want to be, you saying it should be hevier or soft don't will change anything. And if you don't like it, leave the band, don't be like some people here at the forum that im sick of, they just say negative things. If i don't like one thing, i keep it to me, and if i have anything construtive to say, i try to express my self, not like some people that say they liked LP, but now they don't like because they started to regress. LOL, it's a fucking joke.

Well, they said that the next album will not sound like ATS, so it's not will be ATS part 2. And the next album will be what the band want to be, you saying it should be hevier or soft don't will change anything. And if you don't like it, leave the band, don't be like some people here at the forum that im sick of, they just say negative things. If i don't like one thing, i keep it to me, and if i have anything construtive to say, i try to express my self, not like some people that say they liked LP, but now they don't like because they started to regress. LOL, it's a fucking joke.

umad? I'm expressing my opinion just like you are expressing yours. Less guitar is a bad thing when they're known for their energy and all of a sudden they just completely abandoned their signature sound on ATS. I'm going to state my opinion in hopes that the outcry from ATS can avoid us ever getting another LP cd like that.

ATS part 2 >>>> HT Part 2

Regardless what we get, I don't mind less guitar if the guitar that's there is brilliant/unusual/different (like W4TE) I rather that than brad bring back lazy powerchords of old. I want to hear their technical skills.

MTM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything the band has done (x1000000)

wrong, they abandoned that HT sound, since MTM. and was since that, the fans started bitch about it, that it sound different. And in MTM people complained about joe,"WTF OMG wher is joe hahn?" and now at ATS, OMG Where is brad, but "brad/Mike"used guitar on like 66% of the songs,counting Empty space, Fallout and WS&L. and there is songs that have a bit of guitar and it's amazing ie: My december, In between, Robot boy, Breaking The Habit. If you know Linkin Park well, they will not do another ATS, they said that they want to do different things, try new things. so i believe that they will not do ATS Part 2. And beleive me, if they wanted to do ats part 2, the cd would pobably come out this year. A Thousand Suns is great, live with that.

Little troll

umad? I'm expressing my opinion just like you are expressing yours. Less guitar is a bad thing when they're known for their energy and all of a sudden they just completely abandoned their signature sound on ATS. I'm going to state my opinion in hopes that the outcry from ATS can avoid us ever getting another LP cd like that.

Hell yeah, that's what I'm doing too. ATS sucks so much. I want a LP album where Mike raps, Chester sings/screams, there is actually somewhat heavy guitar, raw drums (not all electronic shit) and some scratching that isn't flashy like it is in ATS. I hate ATS because it's mostly very slow, boring songs, with singing from both Mike and Chester, no loud guitar AT ALL, the drums don't sound like rock drums, etc. I miss when Mike used to drop sick raps and then it was followed by Chester. A style like Bleed It Out, for example, it wasn't nu-metal and it had that. ATS is just beats and really mellow singing. LP could have a very unique, different sound while still having all those elements. I'm not asking for each song to sound like Hybrid Theory.

Another thing, is that Chester and the rest of the band used to say they wanted the music to be different, but you can still recognize it as the Linkin Park you know and love. ATS is just the band trying to be way too different because they don't want people to label them. But ATS lacks the true heart of Linkin Park. It's very much a Mike Shinoda creation.... it feels like all the past LP releases were all collaboratively worked on by everyone in the band. Why have a guitarist or a drummer if you barely going to use non-computerized drums, and Mike could easily just do the guitar that the band is now doing. ATS sold shit compared to HT, MT and MTM. There is a reason for that. FM probably even sold more than ATS did.

EDIT: I also wanted to add one more thing. When I say I want Brad to play more guitar, I don't mean just stuff he used to do on past albums. Imagine epic guitar solos. A FEW good solid rock hits. The world has been waiting for a ROCK HIT from LP for a long time now. Imagine nice, acoustic songs, that would be the shit. The whole point I'm trying to make is... why make the entire album just beats and slow singing, why not make all the songs different and solid.

Edited by Geki

alright, a band don't need to sold much to be good, Look MT sold alot but it isn't as good as ATS. got it? I agree with you that the songs are slow now, but it's what they wanted to do. they can't please everybody.

Edited by Malvar LP

alright, a band don't need to sold much to be good, Look MT sold alot but it isn't as good as ATS. got it? I agree with you that the songs are slow now, but it's what they wanted to do. they can't please everybody.

The whole point I'm trying to make is... The songs don't have to be slow to be fucking different. LP should probably learn that and utilize that. I would have loved ATS if the beats were complex, or different, but most of the songs on ATS are really down tempo, slow beats, with depressing melodies, etc. I wouldn't even mind no heavy guitar or no raw drums if the songs were different, a few slow songs is ok, but if the whole album is just slow songs than it's really boring. When They Come For Me and Blackout are really good IMO, I love those songs. Wretches And Kings fucking sucks IMO. And the rest are slower songs, except for the Catalyst, but that's still kind of weird. It's not ''slow'' but it's not ''heavy'' like other songs.

Edited by Geki

@Geki : I absolutly agree with you, but Wretches and Kings come on this is a song that a based LP sound have, with Mike's raps and Chester's agressive voice.

@Topic :

Like I said, I absolutly agree with Geki, they don't need to be slow for a different sound they can heavier and to be different. They can use more Guitar solos, more act like a rock band and write great songs like Blackout and When they come for me ...or other great songs..I like In pieces very much because it is something slow but still rock..or Valentine's Day where they begin slow end with a very cool rock sound. MTM has a really great sound base for more experience. When they mixed that with ATS I think it would be great..but I still prefer more rock like MTM. What they we don't know that but they should used more real instruments.

@Geki : I absolutly agree with you, but Wretches and Kings come on this is a song that a based LP sound have, with Mike's raps and Chester's agressive voice.

@Topic :

Like I said, I absolutly agree with Geki, they don't need to be slow for a different sound they can heavier and to be different. They can use more Guitar solos, more act like a rock band and write great songs like Blackout and When they come for me ...or other great songs..I like In pieces very much because it is something slow but still rock..or Valentine's Day where they begin slow end with a very cool rock sound. MTM has a really great sound base for more experience. When they mixed that with ATS I think it would be great..but I still prefer more rock like MTM. What they we don't know that but they should used more real instruments.

Imagine ATS and MTM mixed together, it would probably be the best LP album to date if that were to happen...

The whole point I'm trying to make is... The songs don't have to be slow to be fucking different. LP should probably learn that and utilize that. I would have loved ATS if the beats were complex, or different, but most of the songs on ATS are really down tempo, slow beats, with depressing melodies, etc. I wouldn't even mind no heavy guitar or no raw drums if the songs were different, a few slow songs is ok, but if the whole album is just slow songs than it's really boring. When They Come For Me and Blackout are really good IMO, I love those songs. Wretches And Kings fucking sucks IMO. And the rest are slower songs, except for the Catalyst, but that's still kind of weird. It's not ''slow'' but it's not ''heavy'' like other songs.

Most of the songs on ATS have faster tempos than the ones from HT and Meteora. And last time I checked, some of those beats are very complex. Have you heard the drums in The Catalyst? or When They Come For Me? Hell, they need 3 drummers to even play that song. That seems pretty different and complex to me.

There are fast but not heavy..it is not hard rock...blackout is a pop song too. You don't understand this right ? They mustn't be slow , or soft or something like that they can with a metal sound different too and complex..they must be only want.

nah MT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ATS by far

It shouldn't bother you that much that a few people said ATS Part 2. It's just an opinion dude, no need to have attacked me like that. Though I highly doubt the band will decide to go super heavy, because LP has never done anything remotely heavy, I agree that it is early in the writing process and they could decide to change a lot of things. Time will tell.

I didn't attack you at all.

And of course your opinion is fucking ridiculous. Saying it's gonna sound like ATS part 2 because Brad said he's going to play less guitar. When you have no idea what they are writing. You haven't heard a single thing to do with this album but you want to write it off already.

I didn't attack you at all.

And of course your opinion is fucking ridiculous. Saying it's gonna sound like ATS part 2 because Brad said he's going to play less guitar. When you have no idea what they are writing. You haven't heard a single thing to do with this album but you want to write it off already.

I bet money it won't sound remotely close to Hybrid Theory, Meteora or Minutes To Midnight. But it will sound somewhat similar to A Thousand Suns. That's why I think that. Less guitar, means more electronic bullshit. It's obvious. Chester probably won't scream on this album at all. Mike probably won't rap much and will sing tons. I can tell it's not going to be what I want.

I bet money it won't sound remotely close to Hybrid Theory, Meteora or Minutes To Midnight. But it will sound somewhat similar to A Thousand Suns. That's why I think that. Less guitar, means more electronic bullshit. It's obvious. Chester probably won't scream on this album at all. Mike probably won't rap much and will sing tons. I can tell it's not going to be what I want.

Less guitar instantly means more electronics which means the album will sound exactly like ATS? I really don't understand your logic but hey nevermind.

Also, I'm pretty sure at one point Chester said MTM was going to be the heaviest Linkin Park record ever...and look how that turned out.

Edited by LinkinMark

Less guitar instantly means more electronics which means the album will sound exactly like ATS? I really don't understand your logic but hey nevermind.

Also, I'm pretty sure at one point Chester said MTM was going to be the heaviest Linkin Park record ever...and look how that turned out.

MTM had some songs that could be considered 'heavy' for Linkin Park. Given Up, Qwerty, No More Sorrow, Bleed It Out, and there are probably tons of others songs that were heavy that were never released. Those are all from the MTM process. So who knows. I just don't think LP will follow ATS with an album with rock songs on it.

MTM had some songs that could be considered 'heavy' for Linkin Park. Given Up, Qwerty, No More Sorrow, Bleed It Out, and there are probably tons of others songs that were heavy that were never released. Those are all from the MTM process. So who knows. I just don't think LP will follow ATS with an album with rock songs on it.

i agree with everything Geki has said in this thread. and also to the haters, Given Up ios probably the heaviest linkin park song and its on MTM

Have you been inside the studio to even know what the album sounds like? FFS, and FYI Linkin Park doesn't make music specifically for you. Jesus Christ