Brad playing less guitar now...

CaseyRoach

Yeah HT is popular as ATS in some things, but it is also released in the year 2000 and now we have 2011.

I give you a Example, for this Example I compare HT with MTM, which single are playing often in Radios or TV Shows ? Most of them were Crawling or In the end or Leave out all the rest or Shadow of the day because there are not so heavy for people they don't hear often music with screams. Look at the singles in the charts are the MTM songs are better as the songs from Hybrid Theory, What I've done is probally the best selling single with New divide at that time...because in so many countries were both of them in the Top Ten Charts. This is a fact that MTM make better to a Album like HT.

So ATS is really softer, but that album has one problem it is too complex for some people but it selling out because the name Linkin Park is a selling fact, it works to the people and the die hard fans buy every shit.

Burning in the skies is a good single and Iridescent is a good ATS single. Iridescent is for me a MTM copy of Shadow of the day..it isn't new it is the same song structure.

So HT is the best selling Album of them, but it has not the best singles for that people out there, for us of course we are Fans. It is just not a selling fact, more what the people like to hear and LP think this is this what they make, probally.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah HT is popular as ATS in some things, but it is also released in the year 2000 and now we have 2011.

I give you a Example, for this Example I compare HT with MTM, which single are playing often in Radios or TV Shows ? Most of them were Crawling or In the end or Leave out all the rest or Shadow of the day because there are not so heavy for people they don't hear often music with screams. Look at the singles in the charts are the MTM songs are better as the songs from Hybrid Theory, What I've done is probally the best selling single with New divide at that time...because in so many countries were both of them in the Top Ten Charts. This is a fact that MTM make better to a Album like HT.

So ATS is really softer, but that album has one problem it is too complex for some people but it selling out because the name Linkin Park is a selling fact, it works to the people and the die hard fans buy every shit.

Burning in the skies is a good single and Iridescent is a good ATS single. Iridescent is for me a MTM copy of Shadow of the day..it isn't new it is the same song structure.

So HT is the best selling Album of them, but it has not the best singles for that people out there, for us of course we are Fans. It is just not a selling fact, more what the people like to hear and LP think this is this what they make, probally.

First off, Shadow Of The Day is nothing like Iridescent. Iridescent is more piano based, darker, and features dual vocalists until the bridge, which has the whole band singing. I don't see the similarity at all. Plus Shadow Of The Day ends with a dark organ-like transition into What I've Done. You can't say they are the same because they are both long soft songs.

In 2011, it's easier to download music than it was in 2000. That is why A Thousand Suns didn't sell so well.

First off, Shadow Of The Day is nothing like Iridescent. Iridescent is more piano based, darker, and features dual vocalists until the bridge, which has the whole band singing. I don't see the similarity at all. Plus Shadow Of The Day ends with a dark organ-like transition into What I've Done. You can't say they are the same because they are both long soft songs.

In 2011, it's easier to download music than it was in 2000. That is why A Thousand Suns didn't sell so well.

also A Thousand Suns did the worse in the USA where Hybrid Theory did better in the USA then other countries, and the USA buys a lot of music

That's not necessarily true... Minutes To Midnight sold a lot in the US, they got through 5 singles in the US (which Mike said was amazing at the PR show in Boston 2008) and they did a lot of US tours and show for MTM. ATS didn't do so well in the US but it did good in other countries, especially Europe, which is why the album was toured much more in Europe than in the US. It makes sense.

Dang this thread got big! Great discussion guys!

My opinion on the topic: Minutes to Midnight is my favorite album by far. Why? Because its the mature side of Linkin Park we see now AND all the guitars drums, and bass we got in HT and Meteora. The best of both worlds.

I like ATS, and I can see why they made an album like that, but now that they have it out of their systems, I really wish they would go back and make an album that everyones sticking to what their good at. Brad all over guitar, Chester singing his lungs out (doesn't have to scream all over the album to sound good) Phi actually making some decent bass lines, Rob playing drums through the whole song instead of half, Hahn actually being in existance, and Mike doing his 1 man band thing, even if that includes some singing. Just don't sacrifice the rest of the band to do something new.

#my2cents

Edited by Xerotohero

Umm... really? Don't get me wrong, ATS is still my favorite Linkin Park record, but the only song I'd call 'rock' out of these is The Catalyst - and even it is disputable.

Burning in the Skies and Iridescent are both rock ballads. ROCK ballads.

Wretches and Kings is rap rock, pretty much indisputable.

Blackout is most easily labelled as industrial rock, and the final section is definitely rock.

Just 'cause something 'aint heavy, it can still be a rock song. New Muse isn't heavy, but (almost) all of it is still rock.

I really wish they would go back and make an album that everyones sticking to what their good at.

What a brilliant idea! Linkin Park should make a record using limited capabilities instead of creativity. That is a recipe for a fantastic album.

Edited by rav0k

I really wish they would go back and make an album that everyones sticking to what their good at.

Well actually and honestly, the guys are 'good at' everything. So your going to have Mike who we all know is a man of many talents get stuck back behind a microphone rapping? Even Brad and Rob are really good at keys, so does that mean they have to stick to their respective rolls.

I honestly think thats pretty stupid.

I've never said off a 1:1 copy but the song structure is the same. I think Shadow of the day is really darker, alone with the bass in the beginning make that song really darker as Iridescent. Take the Group vocal in Iridescent out, and put the Guitars in that songs, than it is the same. This song has other instruments but the based of the song is the same. Every person that I know and have heard ATS, said that Iridescent reminded them on Shadow of the day.

I've never said off a 1:1 copy but the song structure is the same. I think Shadow of the day is really darker, alone with the bass in the beginning make that song really darker as Iridescent. Take the Group vocal in Iridescent out, and put the Guitars in that songs, than it is the same. This song has other instruments but the based of the song is the same. Every person that I know and have heard ATS, said that Iridescent reminded them on Shadow of the day.

Not exactly the same, but very similar.

Shadow Of The Day: first verse, Chorus, 2nd Verse, Chorus, Guitar Solo, Chorus, Guitar Solo, Final Chorus, Ending.

Iridescent: first verse, Chorus, 2nd Verse, Chorus, Breakdown, Gang Chorus, Bridge, Final Chorus, Ending.

Well actually and honestly, the guys are 'good at' everything. So your going to have Mike who we all know is a man of many talents get stuck back behind a microphone rapping? Even Brad and Rob are really good at keys, so does that mean they have to stick to their respective rolls.

I like how you took one statement out of the entire paragraph and called my whole opinion stupid. Your awesome bro. I said "1 man band" about Mike, so go read the whole thing, not just some other guys reply to just my one statement next time.

You guys are to busy just trying to tear each other down instead of actually having a decent conversation. This is just arguing and making each other look stupid.

This will be the last time I post threads anymore.

Burning in the Skies and Iridescent are both rock ballads. ROCK ballads.

Wretches and Kings is rap rock, pretty much indisputable.

Blackout is most easily labelled as industrial rock, and the final section is definitely rock.

Just 'cause something 'aint heavy, it can still be a rock song. New Muse isn't heavy, but (almost) all of it is still rock.

Muse actually uses guitar and drums. And has a singer that didn't use to rap and then suddenly became a singer. Chester is the fucking lead singer, not Mike. Mike sounds so bad when he sings, I have no clue why the rest of the band would even allow to him to sound like shit on songs like BITS, Iridescent, Blackout, etc. Leave that to Chester. Don't compare Muse to LP.

on the next album, Mike should sing and Chester should Rap. Oh yeah!

LOL wtf.

I'm done posting in this thread because it's getting stupid now. Some fans love ATS, some fans (like me), love older albums. But I'll wait to give me judgement until the 5th album is released or the first single drops, even though I have little to no hope for it. We will see.

Edited by Geki

LOL wtf.

I'm done posting in this thread because it's getting stupid now. Some fans love ATS, some fans (like me), love older albums. But I'll wait to give me judgement until the 5th album is released or the first single drops, even though I have little to no hope for it. We will see.

I think they should close this.

Sorry if I overly offended anyone on this thread...I tend to be way too vocal on my opinions a lot of the time, I don't really mean to offend everyone. I think this thread should just be closed at this point.

Exactly

Muse actually uses guitar and drums. And has a singer that didn't use to rap and then suddenly became a singer. Chester is the fucking lead singer, not Mike. Mike sounds so bad when he sings, I have no clue why the rest of the band would even allow to him to sound like shit on songs like BITS, Iridescent, Blackout, etc. Leave that to Chester. Don't compare Muse to LP.

No offense, but I highly doubt Chester could have captured the same performance as Mike in those songs. If you honestly think he would sound better, than you are just being stubborn and ignorant. Plus, Mike was singing on LP songs since HT while during the writing process. The only difference now is that the writing process and recording process happen at the same time.