New Linkin Park Album 2012

Am I the only person who is feeling that the 5th studio album will be put out very soon? Many people are like "give it 2 to 3 years", but I don't think it will take that long. Here are my reasons why:

- Four singles have been released from A Thousand Suns already in the course of 10-11 months. This is the fastest that they have ever released that many singles.

- This is the first time that they have been writing while on the road. This means that song ideas are coming faster, and progress is being made at a faster pace.

- They already announced their goal with this album (to further polarize fans and write about more serious things).

- They announced their producer very early on.

I know the band likes to make their music as perfect as they can, and they like to take time with their work, but with these factors involved, I can see a new album coming out sooner than we think.

Edited by NickDuffy

I'm sensing late-2012 as the earliest possibility.

This is about right.

They have from now until September to be in the studio on and off, then touring through the fall while still writing music but no real big recording sessions, the holidays in late December/early January, then early 2012 is when they'll probably really get into the studio to start recording and finishing what they have.

Depending on how quick that goes, say it goes four - six months, then mixing, mastering, and promoting in the summer/early fall, it could be out Winter 2012. But basically anyone who was holding out hopes for a 2011 release will be rightfully disappointed.

Am I the only person who is feeling that the 5th studio album will be put out very soon? Many people are like "give it 2 to 3 years", but I don't think it will take that long. Here are my reasons why:

- Four singles have been released from A Thousand Suns already in the course of 10-11 months. This is the fastest that they have ever released that many singles.

- This is the first time that they have been writing while on the road. This means that song ideas are coming faster, and progress is being made at a faster pace.

- They already announced their goal with this album (to further polarize fans and write about more serious things).

- They announced their producer very early on.

I know the band likes to make their music as perfect as they can, and they like to take time with their work, but with these factors involved, I can see a new album coming out sooner than we think.

They did write on tour before. but i dont think they have gone this far with it before.. Like mike booked the studio for a while between the North american tour and the past tour. I think i said late 2012 a little while ago. Im sticking with that.

It's weird. For me 2013 seems pretty late, although that's usually how long it takes them to release new stuff. I just think that their new album is going to be finished at a faster pace. I'm definitely feeling a mid-2012 release. I hope we get some new material from them soon.

It would be awesome for LP to release a new album in the spring of next year and do a Projekt Rev in the Summer. What....I can dream can't I?

Realistically, I can see maybe a late 2012 release for the new album, or MAYBE even possibly early to mid 2013...

I overall prefer rock over rap but this is one aspect where rap is better, a lot of rappers release albums a lot quicker

Nas>>>>>>>

It's typically because most rappers don't have to worry about making the music. That's all handled by producers (though some rappers are producers as well).

Though there are plenty of bands capable of recording albums a lot faster than Linkin Park (Green Day's Dookie was recorded in a few days for example).

LP is just slow. lol

Though there are plenty of bands capable of recording albums a lot faster than Linkin Park (Green Day's Dookie was recorded in a few days for example).

LP is just slow. lol

Well with Dookie, Green Day had some of those songs written fully for a few years, they just had to play them in a studio. Linkin Park's process involves them writing and revising everything as its recorded, so it can take awhile. Also, as we know, they're huge perfectionists.

Well with Dookie, Green Day had some of those songs written fully for a few years, they just had to play them in a studio. Linkin Park's process involves them writing and revising everything as its recorded, so it can take awhile. Also, as we know, they're huge perfectionists.

and now it takes them 6 years

:lol:

Hum, I guess next record will be coming tomorrow, with the LP announcement " We wanted to make you the biggest surprise possible!". Then all LP fans will go f*cking crazy. And then it will appear the album contains only 1 track with Mike and Chester laughing....pure evil

Hum, I guess next record will be coming tomorrow, with the LP announcement " We wanted to make you the biggest surprise possible!". Then all LP fans will go f*cking crazy. And then it will appear the album contains only 1 track with Mike and Chester laughing....pure evil

I see you have a good mood today. :D

- It's just great. ;)

Yeah, I'm think towards the end of 2012-early2013. A positive way to look at it is ATS came out about 3 years and 4 months after MTM was released. If they release it on this time frame, it wouldn't be even 2 and a half years. The past two cds came out 3 years after the release of the previous one. This is a positive way to look at it :D