Warner Videos Being Pulled From YouTube

hahninator

LPU and LPLive members have been reporting receiving Google Alerts today about Warner videos/music being pulled from YouTube because they haven't been able to reach an agreement... (YouTube & Warner). Source is here.

Quote from article:

"In theory, the new development means that YouTube users cannot view music videos by Warner artists, including Led Zeppelin, Aretha Franklin and Linkin Park. It also means that any video -- even one that is homemade -- that features music by a Warner artist, or written by a songwriter published by Warner/Chappell Music Publishing, won't be available, either."

Hopefully they won't go after live material...? Some users have received some messages from WMG (Warner Music Group) already though, like "Pinkwater3", who says, "I personally received a copyright notice from WMG for a video (a tv interview ) in which we can see a small part of the What I've Done video. They didn't remove my vid, but whatever." I also received a message for my "What I've Done [Live @ TV Total 2007] video I've got up, but it also wasn't removed.

Songs removed from the LP official YouTube account include What I've Done, In The End, Bleed It Out, Given Up, Leave Out All The Rest, Numb, Faint, and Somewhere I Belong. For example, if you click the What I've Done video link

, you will see this message: "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by a third party."

EDIT: YouTube has issued a statement itself, here.

Thoughts? Comments? Discussion!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i said in the lpu and i will say it again, i think warner dont just fuck up lp, instead they fuck almost everything good for any fan ever... XD what's the problem ,they fuck everything that is nearly free or something... warner will stop ruin everything someday?, XD any thought about this theory?

Since this is the first time I actually had some breaking news, is it normal for my thread to disappear from the Got news section when it's taken up over here?

No I actually screwed it up this time, I apologize, lol. It usually appears with your name on it and this time it didn't because I clicked a wrong button and had to go back and fix some stuff. Sorry you got hit by us making a mistake, won't happen again.

Really stupid decision by Warner Brother.

The video on youtube help to promote the band in many ways......

This kind of stupid action is just pissed a lot of people off..............

This is the first time I really think LP need to get rid of WB ASAP.

WB already fucked up a lot of things. Now they show how stupid they are again.

Hope Mike will say something on his blog.

Edited by chazmike

LP needs to find a diff record label immediately cuz after this I am predicting it will only get worse, watch how Warner ends up making the recording and distribution of SBD's illegal soon, I am obv praying against that but it is a possibility knowing them.

this is not the first time when the Warner deletes videos from YouTube...they´re doing it for some years

yeah, but now most of the Linkin Park/Fort Minor official videos have been deleted... one of my account yesterday had 12 video, today only 3.

Yes im finding this quite annoying. As Astat said. 9/10 they none of the parties will agree with each other and this will become a fight that goes on forever. But if some of you haven't realized Warner have been pulling videos for a while. I Think Linkingabo has had a few accounts taken away from him by Warner. But hes doing what everyone else will. Just re upload the videos. Warner wont be able to pin everyone that uploads a Warner related vid. That means they'll have to pull The Transformer trailer cos they used a LP song (What I've Done). I think there just releasing a statement now for something they have been doing for years.

On another note. Ill be pissed if they take off my band covers or my Guitar Covers im Soon to upload.

Thats my 2 cents

Edited by Peryman