Warner Videos Being Pulled From YouTube

hahninator

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone know how many more records LP has to do under contract with warner???

When they re-negotiated their contract, they had to do 10 total:

1. Hybrid Theory

2. Reanimation

3. Meteora

4. Live In Texas

5. Collision Course

6. Minutes to Midnight

7. Road to Revolution

8. New Album

So, technically two more after the new album they are working on. Unless SftU counts as one of these releases. That's where it gets sticky, so I'm not entirely sure. But yes, either one after the new album if SftU counts or two if it doesn't.

Does anyone know if Warner would retain the rights to the 10 LP albums or even the group's name if they do jump ship? Also what kind of hold or legal case does Warner have on Chester's solo album? Or any of their solo projects for that fact from Joe's Suru store to Mike's art exhibits. Just curious how far reaching Warner's control may run. :(

Does anyone know if Warner would retain the rights to the 10 LP albums or even the group's name if they do jump ship? Also what kind of hold or legal case does Warner have on Chester's solo album? Or any of their solo projects for that fact from Joe's Suru store to Mike's art exhibits. Just curious how far reaching Warner's control may run. :(

i hope to god that Warner has no control of DBS whatsoever. I would hate for similar shit to be done to DBS that happened to LP. i hope they switch to independant, i think mike would be great at managing that!

Oh weel Warner again... I'm sick of cpmlaining about them, everyone knows they're a**holes...

I'm not sure about the 10 albums thingy because LP have had a conflict with Warner once and then they resigned didn't they?

The 10 albums is after the conflict. The original deal was nine albums. When that conflict arose they were through 5 of 9 albums and they were wanting a release from the other four. When they resolved the conflict then resigned with them, the new contract added one more making the grand total 10. I'll post the links if you want the sources/proof.

And as for what happens when (if ever) LP does leave Warner. I wouldn't think they would have to change their name. However, Warner would retain rights of everything Linkin Park has done in some shape, form or fashion on everything released under the Warner name from the day they signed the contract until the day it ends. Until LP does leave Warner, it's hard to know what will happen then and how royalties will be dealt with exactly, but Warner still has claim to everything they released. As Mike has suggested on his blog, read the Donald Passman book. It's invaluable when it comes to how the music industry works on matters such as this.

The 10 albums is after the conflict. The original deal was nine albums. When that conflict arose they were through 5 of 9 albums and they were wanting a release from the other four. When they resolved the conflict then resigned with them, the new contract added one more making the grand total 10. I'll post the links if you want the sources/proof.

And as for what happens when (if ever) LP does leave Warner. I wouldn't think they would have to change their name. However, Warner would retain rights of everything Linkin Park has done in some shape, form or fashion on everything released under the Warner name from the day they signed the contract until the day it ends. Until LP does leave Warner, it's hard to know what will happen then and how royalties will be dealt with exactly, but Warner still has claim to everything they released. As Mike has suggested on his blog, read the Donald Passman book. It's invaluable when it comes to how the music industry works on matters such as this.

I'm pretty sure bands have changed their labels in the past. I Know of one i just can't pin point the name.

Oh fuck no. If Warner fucks up Dead By Sunrise I will be so mad.

Question.

What will happen to Machine Shop Recordings?

That is under Warner label. If LP bail out with Warner will Machine shop recordings go with them?

What will happen to Machine Shop Artist is that happens

I don't think there are any Machine Shop artists left. Fort Minor would be it, right? Holly got out finally I think, I know SOB got out within the past 6 months. I don't know who else is there besides FM, which is really just Mike.

Warner fucked Machine Shop up so badly, noone wants to be on it. They had some sweet talent like Rosewood Fall, etc back in the day when it was originally like 'The Shinoda Imprint' and then right when it changed to Machine Shop.

Their website is really out of date:

http://www.machineshoprecordings.com/artists.html

SOB is completely off of Warner after Ryu told Tom Whalley that he could "suck a fart out of his ass" LOL. Holly I believe has been fighting to get off for quite some time and since she has a new CD coming out in the spring I would guess she's off but I'm not sure.

EDIT:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_Shop_Recordings

Right now, Machine Shop Recordings has 1 known artist signed under the label:

* Fort Minor

Partly under label:

* Linkin Park

Former bands signed to the label include:

* Styles of Beyond

* Holly Brook

* Simplistic

* The Rosewood Fall (Defunct)

* No Warning (Defunct)

Excluding since 2008:

* Styles of Beyond

When LP gets the fuck off Warner finally I bet Mike will have his own sort of label like Trent Reznor has (The Null Label or something, lol). Hopefully it'll be Machine Shop and it'll grow really big with other artists too, LP as the main one, but I dunno if Warner will let it go. I mean I have no idea if Warner will still be able to hold onto it when LPs contract ends. Amanda? lol

When LP gets the fuck off Warner finally I bet Mike will have his own sort of label like Trent Reznor has (The Null Label or something, lol). Hopefully it'll be Machine Shop and it'll grow really big with other artists too, LP as the main one, but I dunno if Warner will let it go. I mean I have no idea if Warner will still be able to hold onto it when LPs contract ends. Amanda? lol

Well, honestly...there is no way to know what will happen when that contract ends. When LP signed with Warner, I'd bet money that they went ahead and negotiated what would happen when the contract did end. It works like a prenuptial agreement or will. It's basically the "this is what happens to everything in the event the contract expires, someone leaves the band, dies, etc." This includes:

Who will pay/get paid for what?

How will band profits/debts (royalties, performance fees, etc.) be distributed?

Do some members receive/contribute more than others?

Who will keep track of band monies?

Will band members receive payment for projects completed and/or be responsible for debts incurred prior to leaving? (Does this change depending on whether the person leaves or is removed?)

Does the band have to “buy out” the leaving member?

How will the band acquire gear/assets (instruments, PA system, lights, van, merchandise, Web site/domain name, etc.)?

Who owns the band name?

What happens to the band name if the band breaks up or a band member quits/is fired?

Who, if anyone, can still perform using the name? (Everyone must still be involved?)

Source: http://www.hg.org/articles/article_1775.html

Further, when they decided to stick with Warner back in December 2005, I'm sure that this was re-negotiated again, probably with more favor for LP and including what will happen to Machine Shop, but then again who knows. Honestly, it's just one we will all have to kind of wait and see. Without seeing that contract word for word, we all can make guesses and assumptions, but this is not something that we'll be able to predict.

Hey SouthernGirlAM, thanks for clear up some things.

But on the point ".....if the band breaks up or a band member quits/is fired?" I guess I had a stroke...How can you do this on me. Im old..... ;)

about warner and lp..hmmmm, unfortunately if I were to guess there is no way to leave Warner. The contracts are absolut impermeable. Guess there is no place for creativity. That's why Warner is one of the biggest labels or THE biggest label. Like the most here wrote Warner has the rights of f**** everything. But on the other side ....without knowing the whole contract it is just a guess.

Puhhh...Gosh, I have to learn english.

Edited by Antje

I'm sick of YouTube. The terrible bootlegs. The god-awful acoustic covers. And lest we forget, the anime "remixes".

In the rare event that I want to watch a music video, I go to MTVmusic.com. They have everything, and you don't need to go through a dozen fakes or bad quality videos to get what you want.

In the rare event that I want to watch a music video, I go to MTVmusic.com. They have everything, and you don't need to go through a dozen fakes or bad quality videos to get what you want.

Everything? MTVMusic.com is really really tiny.

Some exemple, Chemical Brothers:

- YouTube

- MTVMusic

or Smack My Bitch Up by Prodigy:

- YouTube (uncensored)

- MTVMusic... doesn't have it, neither the censored version

The archive of MTV is huge, too bad they really don't use it, they have put on internet only the most commerical videos.

Can anyone fill me in what happened to Holly Brook???

The only thing I know is she have debut album and want to be released from Warner.

What happened to her?????

It's a lil'bit off topic, anyway according to Wikipedia she's alredy left Machine Shop/Warner and now she's with OSC Music Group. Edited by Mark86

Holly has been working on her 2nd album since 2006. She is set to finish it in January and have it out in the spring (March?). Duncan Shiek has been helping her.

http://myspace.com/hollybrook

Some very cool blogs on there by her. She updates it regularly. Check out the recent one that talks about the softer songs she likes vs the commercial poppy songs she doesn't like as much and deciding between the 2 to put on her CD.

The small clips of new music she has included in random videos is excellent, I can't wait for her new CD.