11.06.2011 - Nickelsdorf, Austria - NovaRock

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even without the encore ? :unsure:

oh, my god

LP has 4 studio albums / 52 songs (not to mention other songs that are not on studio albums)

of all these songs Linkin Park performs only 22 songs, what the fuck ? :huh:

A lot of bands play shorter setlists than LP, you got to realize the amount of music they play is a good amount

Wait, no encore?

Guys, WHAT THE F***?!

Calm down, you dont always need an encore

LP's setl lists are misleading because "Empty Spaces" and "WJL" appear to be songs, but they aren't. In my opinion they play way too short of a show. I went to the MSG show this year and the whole thing was 1 and a half hours, including the encore. That's ridiculous.

even without the encore ? :unsure:

oh, my god

LP has 4 studio albums / 52 songs (not to mention other songs that are not on studio albums)

of all these songs Linkin Park performs only 22 songs, what the fuck ? :huh:

How many songs do you expect them to play?

I went to the MSG show this year and the whole thing was 1 and a half hours, including the encore. That's ridiculous.

For $80 yeah I agree with that. I spent $75 on PR08 - I got there at 12:30pm, saw like 10 bands on 2 stages the entire day, saw a collab with Chris and Chester, then Chris and LP. $80 for this tour...not worth it. Thank god for MFR.

How many songs do you expect them to play?

I expect them to play at least for 2 hours (no idea how many songs). They're still young, their songs are not complex to play, and they have more than 50 songs to choose from. They can easily play 30 songs in a show. There are many old bands playing more than 2 hours in everyshow (i.e. Rush: their members are 58, 58 and 59 years old, and they play for more than 2 hours every night (around 26 complex songs).

I freaking love Linkin Park, but following their live shows is getting really bored due to the setlists and their lack of energy (except for Chester and Mike).

I expect them to play at least for 2 hours (no idea how many songs). They're still young, their songs are not complex to play, and they have more than 50 songs to choose from. They can easily play 30 songs in a show. There are many old bands playing more than 2 hours in everyshow (i.e. Rush: their members are 58, 58 and 59 years old, and they play for more than 2 hours every night (around 26 complex songs).

I freaking love Linkin Park, but following their live shows is getting really bored due to the setlists and their lack of energy (except for Chester and Mike).

So totaly agree, they keep playing their "cashcow" Songs and they somehow (just my two cents) avoiding their "old stuff" What are they thinking?

To the old Bands play longer/ more songs: Metallica is the same, they have set songs that they play like One, Nothing Else Matters, MOP but they still always have 3 to 4 song to switch.

And what happend to the Concert communication? A few years ago there was interaction with the crowd. Now it's just a "Thanks (insert Country)".

What LP should do is take a page from metallica's book and make a setlist like

. Or this.

I agree. The sets are way to short.. Foo Fighters for example play like 3 hour shows. It's a waste of money to spend like 90$ a ticket to see LP play a boring set consisting of only singles pretty much, every time. I've been to 11 LP shows and the PR shows were definitely worth the money, but some of the others, not so much. From what people say, LP songs aren't all too difficult to play. There should be a nice variety of stuff from every album, LP only really has released 4 albums in over a 10 year time, that's not a lot seeing as how each album has 12 songs or less (ATS). A lot of HT+Meteora songs should be brought back, play some good MTM songs like In Pieces, Little Things, HHH, and Wretches and Blackout and stuff in every set! Would be more than worth the money and it would make the show way more energetic. Ticket sales would probably skyrocket too.

And what happend to the Concert communication? A few years ago there was interaction with the crowd. Now it's just a "Thanks (insert Country)".

Also, GREAT point. I've been to shows in 2007 and 2008 when Chester and Mike were ALWAYS talking to the crowd, having fun, etc. The shows I went to in 2010 and 2011 are just like 'Thank you'. That's pretty much it. Generic stuff like 'put your hands up'. 'I need to see you guys jump', etc is fucked up because they do it at every single show. Why not talk more? It seems like LP doesn't even like touring at all because they have complete lack of energy and don't even communicate or play stuff that fans like. I don't give a fuck if Chester doesn't like Hybrid Theory or Meteora, if your fans would kill to hear a few of those songs, why not just play them? The only reason Chester is so famous, as well as the rest of LP, is because of the FANS. I understand not wanting to make the same album, I totally get that and I love it. But live shows are different. Live shows are meant for the fans to have a fun time and just hear a bunch of good LP tracks.

Edited by Geki

I don't wanna complain about setlists or something like that. I saw Mudvayne headlining a show (55 minutes), Stone Sour twice (65 minutes) etc. They also have many songs (Mudvayne like 70), so thats not the whole point. Eventhough 22 songs aren't full songs (just like 17 of them), 17 songs for a show isn't bad.

The problem with this tour for me, is the stage. I've seen it last year, so it wasn't a big surprise, but come on, how bad can it be? I don't want to be a person who says "I miss the old LP" because I like them to change their style. But if you compare this shows with the shows from ten years ago, there is a huge stagnation. And I'm not complaining about the lack of energy in each show (they are getting older, and besides that: most of the songs played aren't that good for jumping, screaming and running around the stage). My problems with this tour: there are almost no collours with the lights ( a terrible lightshow), the stage is a big fail and the way the band shows up: usually they had some good style with their clothes and hair, now it's just Mike with a gay-jacket, a Justin Bieber haircut (eventhough he took that horrible haircut away) etc. And I don't expect Linkin Park to put up a Rammstein-show with a perfect lightshow, pyro-effects and a huge science-fiction stage, but come on... A side band like Stone Sour has a way better lightshow than LP. To make it even worse: LP had a better lightshow in their 2001 and 2004 shows than now in 2010/2011.

So this is just a post in a random show-topic, but I just had the need to share this with you guys. I don't know if anyone agrees with it, because most of the complains are about the short sets, and changing their music-style. I love it. Okay, I agree: there should be a few older songs that aren't a single. But I dont give a heck if they put up the same setlist every night. Just make a good show of it, and thats my problem with these shows.

This performance is mediocre performance. I've seen (and heard) better.

slowly starts bugging me is that LP does not play Burning In The Skies (and like to play BITS in Europe), and also the fact that LP could be more to change the setlist.

I know that such a change from one gig to gig is a lot to do, but the team could just once more spice setlist eg. long ago not performed With You.

This performance is mediocre performance. I've seen (and heard) better.

slowly starts bugging me is that LP does not play Burning In The Skies (and like to play BITS in Europe), and also the fact that LP could be more to change the setlist.

I know that such a change from one gig to gig is a lot to do, but the team could just once more spice setlist eg. long ago not performed With You.

With You was last played in 2006...it's a shame. I don't even like the studio version much, I love the live version though. Runaway was last played at Bamboozle in 2007, my first LP show. Figure.09 hasn't been played since 2004. Forgotten hasn't since 2002 I believe. A lot of great songs that are just in the graveyard I guess. Don't Stay was retired in 2008, I'm assuming, as well as RME and APFMH (except for Paris).

SETLIST:

01. The Requiem

02. Papercut

03. Lying From You

04. Given Up

05. What I've Done

06. Empty Spaces

07. When They Come For Me

08. No More Sorrow

09. Jornada Del Muerto

10. Waiting For The End

11. Wisdom, Justice, And Love

12. Iridescent

13. Numb

14. The Radiance

15. Breaking The Habit

16. The Catalyst

17. Crawling

18. New Divide

19. In The End

20. Bleed It Out Ext. (/w 'Burning In The Skies' chorus)

21. Faint

22. One Step Closer

So i was there, got finally home today! There is one mistake in that setlist, they didn't play jornada del muerto, they went directly from NMS to WFTE.

Great show, they were really on fire. I like Chester doing these heavy screams, like in the WID bridge.