05.06.2011 - Mountain View, CA - BFD

Posted Image

The second show of the Linkin Park summer tour takes place in Mountain View, California at the Shoreline Amphitheatre on the 5th. The band has played this venue on Ozzfest in 2001 and on Projekt Revolution in 2004, 2007 and 2008. This will be their fifth show there, their second show of this tour, and their last US show of 2011 as far as we know. Unless you've lived under a rock your entire life, you know about the ALMIGHTY Mountain View 2004 show and if not, please please please do us a favor and check out the show page here. While you're at it, download the recording as it's easily one of the top five audience recordings out there. The setlist and crowd alone make it what many Linkin Park fans call one of their best shows they've ever played (no disagreeing here by LPLive staff!). In 2008 at this venue (show page here), Brad played a prank on Rob. A video of that can be found

My favorite video from this city comes from 2007 on the Projekt Revolution Tour and is titled "Chester In Your Face". You can see why below....

At their last show, the KROQ Weenie Roast in Irvine, CA, Linkin Park played a shortened version of one of their North America 2011 setlists, the one that begins with 'Papercut' and has the encore that starts with 'Wisdom, Justice, & Love'. Why shortened you ask? Well, Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters decided to show up (no complaining here) and kick some major ass for an hour before LP went on, pushing them back half an hour. The question here though is will they play the same set in Mountain View? Or will they change it up?

http://live105.com says that there will be a webcast of BFD. I asked them on Twitter if they were webcasting Linkin Park and they basically replied that they don't know yet. I guess we'll have to stay tuned to their BFD 2011 page to find out!

Who is going to this show? Did anyone score an LPU M&G?

What do you guys think they'll play? Will LP rotate sets this summer? Will they be the same ones from earlier in the year or will they play any new ones?

After this show, Linkin Park takes a short break before going over to Europe and starting their run of mostly festival shows. The tour first lands in Austria on June 11th for the Novarock Festival, so be sure to check back for coverage on that show as well as the others. The full 2011 tour schedule can be found here.

SETLIST:

01. The Requiem

02. Papercut

03. Lying From You

04. Given Up

05. What I've Done

06. Empty Spaces

07. When They Come For Me

08. No More Sorrow

09. Jornado Del Muerto

10. Waiting For The End

11. Wisdom Justice and Love

12. Iridescent

13. Numb

14. The Radiance (Live Version)

15. Breaking The Habit

16. The Catalyst

17. Crawling

18. New Divide

19. In The End

20. Bleed It Out (A Place For My Head during bridge)

21. Faint

22. One Step Closer

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope it's webcasted too. The Skype chat was badass lol if we could do it two nights in a row that'd be awesome. A new set would help :P

I could prob be in the skype chat on my iphone but watching the webcast is highly unlikely. Hope someone rips it!

Linkin Park

9:25 - 10:55

Can’t make it to BFD? Check out the BFD Webcast featuring live interviews with BFD bands and exclusive festival footage streaming LIVE from 10am – 7pm!

- From the Live 105 site.

Guess LP isn't being webcasted....

where did you get ?

Why will not be ? :blink: :huh: :o

I hope it will be webcasted even if I thought that no new set debut tonight;

my best prediction should be that tonight will be played the set that started with Faint, the one played in NY (without Breaking The Habit) and then hope for 3 new set for europe as it was mentioned in one lpu chat

Edited by LPU90