05.06.2011 - Mountain View, CA - BFD

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to agree with Geki. Linkin Park really disappointed me with their setlists they played the last two shows. Bring back "Wretches and Kings", "Blackout" or "The Messenger" because these are all pretty awesome live songs. Add one or two cool surprises, so that we have a 26/27 songs - set and everyone would be happy.

I don't see a problem at all with this solution... The band has to notice the crowd reaction when "Papercut" or the "A Place For My Head" - bridge comes on, but they're totally ignoring it. Sad.

Let's hope they have something special in their repertoire for Europe. I remember they were talking about three setlists for Europe and I think Mike said before the 2010 tour the 2011 setlists would be longer, right?

Hate me for bitching, but this is really pissing me off.

I have to agree with Geki. Linkin Park really disappointed me with their setlists they played the last two shows. Bring back "Wretches and Kings", "Blackout" or "The Messenger" because these are all pretty awesome live songs. Add one or two cool surprises, so that we have a 26/27 songs - set and everyone would be happy.

I don't see a problem at all with this solution... The band has to notice the crowd reaction when "Papercut" or the "A Place For My Head" - bridge comes on, but they're totally ignoring it. Sad.

Let's hope they have something special in their repertoire for Europe. I remember they were talking about three setlists for Europe and I think Mike said before the 2010 tour the 2011 setlists would be longer, right?

Hate me for bitching, but this is really pissing me off.

I fully agree with you! I mean, sure there can be no perfect setlist, but the ones they played the last two shows are weak and really nothing special at all!

It's also really pissing me off that they have almost NO crowd interaction.

I also don't like people who are always complaining about everything, but this is really disappointing in my opinion.

Edited by tschenneck

That was an awesome idea that never happened and never will. Chester hates pretty much all songs from HT and Meteora, but I'm sure someone in the band wanted to play a mix of songs for the fans.

I think that is a bit of an exaggeration there, he hates Runaway and Nobody's Listening maybe one more, and he cannot see One Step Closers big appeal. But saying that he hates pretty much all songs from HT and Meteora is not true. From what I have heard him say, that is.

He mentioned that he listened to all the albums in his car one day, and he was surprised that they were actually very different sounding from HT to ATS; like a new band. That is all, the package in which the songs were delivered were different, but the songwriting was equally good, and I think Chester acknowledges that. Also, I think he said he loves Crawling.

That was an awesome idea that never happened and never will. Chester hates pretty much all songs from HT and Meteora, but I'm sure someone in the band wanted to play a mix of songs for the fans. I myself personally, would love to see ATS played live in it's entirety. They should have done it at the album release show last year in NYC, I was there. It's the only show they opened with The Requiem and The Radiance back to back, and I thought it was going into BITS but it went into ND instead. I was there...would have been a perfect time to do it. They could even just play ATS full, and still have tons of time left over for old songs!!! For example

1-15 - ATS

16. Papercut

17. Faint

18. Crawling

19. Lying From You

20. Given Up

21. No More Sorrow

22. One Step Closer

OR (Rotating set with slow old songs)

1-15 - ATS

16. In The End

17. What I've Done

18. Numb

19. Breaking The Habit

20. Bleed It Out

Chester said that he'd like to do ATS plus 8-9 "hits" so no Papercut and NMS but we'd end up with up to 24 songs including interludes. Seriously, except for The Requiem as intro they should get rid of the ATS interludes. They're just wasting time and (from what I've seen) the crowd gets bored. The only time they should play them is when they're doing ATS in full. I was hoping that they'd do it in Hamburg because it stands out as a special show to me (only non-PR show in Germany and LPU Summit) but they probably won't do it. Maybe they'll play it at a single LA show after the Asia tour with a huge laser-show and all.

that's my ideal and realistic setlist with all 9 full-length ATS songs and the old ones.

1. The Requiem

2. Wretches And Kings

3. Papercut

4. Lying From You

5. Given Up

6. What I’ve Done

7. When They Come For Me

8. Robot Boy

9. From The Inside

10. No More Sorrow

11. Waiting For The End

12. Blackout

13. Numb/The Radiance

14. Burning In The Skies

15. Breaking The Habit

16. Iridescent

17. The Catalyst

18. The Messenger

19. In The End

20. One Step Closer

-------------------------------

21. New Divide

22. Crawling

23. Faint

24. Bleed It Out/A Place For My Head

but anyway it is true that this show was broadcasted on radio?

SOMEONE COULD TELL ME WHEN I COULD FIND IT??????

please

Edited by LPU90

Just seen some videos of the show on youtube (no pro shot) and it looks they had a better night than the weenie roast show.

check out the videos here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/VIL388

this guy also has some nice vids!

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaRdOgBoBiE

thanks!

so that's means that this show was not video webcasted but it is audio webcasted??

Edited by LPU90

The "Papercut" - intro is pretty cool. I love the "Come ooooon" by Chester, directly followed by "Let's go" right before the song kicks in. Great performance in general and I don't know when Chester did this long scream over the "Lying From You" - intro the last time.

Sounds really good!

Mike's hair sucks though lol.

their performing in general got a bit better even if i don't like the way chester performs LFY.. but i totally agree with decano's complaining, it ain't possible that they actually drop their best songs off ATS to perform live.. just look at the messenger at 2010. such a nice song to let the crowd sing along - even i had goosebumps during the frankfurt show. w&k is a quite powerful song, especially towards the end.. and blackout.. what shall i say, chaz's screams kill it there. still hoping for at least APFMH full or maybe even 1 or 2 more surprises.. 22 songs + 6 interludes setlist would be more than fine for me but that ain't happen...

Hell Yeah :lol: , I finally looked a few videos (Live Mountain View, CA - BFD) from Youtube, and what i want to say:

Papercut opening kicks ass.

I dunno like you, but me this is performance is very very liked, because since 2003 Hahn did not make scratches at the end of song Papercut, and now after 8 years, mr.Hahn again became to do it. Life is beautiful. ;)

Ok so here goes.

I thought that the show went pretty well. The crowd energy was amazing, I was only like 10 rows from the stage, and it was great. Chester commented that compared to Irvine on Saturday, that we made the crowd there look like they were fucking sleep walking. I had to try to send Mark set list notes on a phone that was dying and pay attention to the show at the same time. I was sort of surprised that they didn't do an encore, since I've only ever seen them one other time that they didn't, on the Summer Sanitarium tour in 2003. Both Mike and Chester came down in the crowd at different points in the show. I tried to get to where Chester was, cause he was at the end of the section I was in, but the crowd was too big. I also got to meet Pooch, such a nice guy. He was going to give me the copy of the set list that he had, but it was gone by the time I got to the sound set up area. :(

Meet and Greet. After almost 8 years of being in the LPU on and off, I finally got one. Things could have gone infinitely better. The person in front of me was pretty drunk, and the one thing I really wanted to do was to ask Chester a few questions. The guy didn't let me have a chance to really get a word in, and I sort of lost my nerve after that. Mike acknowledged my LPLive shirt, and Phoenix and I had a few minute conversation about the site. It was really funny. He saw my shirt and he said "oh are you repping them today?" I said "I'm on staff there, I'm the only female staff member" He said "oh that's cool, and how many of you are there?" I said that there were nine of us, and he goes off into trying to figure out the percentage I make up of the staff. He said at first "oh you are just a little more than 10 percent of the staff, oh wait, hold on you are 11.1 percent of them." I laughed and he said "I'm trying to show off my math skills. Are they good math skills?" I told him that at any rate his math skills were loads better than mine. There was no opportunity for any photos, and they didn't do a group shot either. I did get my In the End Japanese import signed, which is pretty cool. I've had it packed away unopened for almost 4 years waiting for the chance to get it signed.

Other random notes: I made it all the way to Shoreline, which is 3 hours from my home, and was so careful the whole way there because I just got a brand new car. I was in line for parking and some stupid bitch rear ended my car.

If you ever get the chance, see Bad Religion. Amazing band.

Because of the aforementioned car incident, I missed seeing Emily's Army, the band that Billy Joe Armstrong's son is in. I also missed seeing Billy Joe in the pit moshing to his son's band. I AM SO JUST GAHHHHHHHHHHHH OVER THAT.

Great review Jen, glad to see you had a great time!

One other thing (unrelated to the show) I feel like adding...I see some people on here complaining that certain songs are/aren't being played on this tour and here's my two cents.

I think being a fan, live shows (for me) are all about the experience of seeing my favorite band(s) live regardless of what songs are played. I think at this point Linkin Park is going to stick to the same set structure they've been using. LP is a band that wants to promote their recent release and stick to playing singles. You have to remember, not every fan that attends a show is a "die-hard" fan, most only go to hear their favorite songs they hear on the radio. Most of these fans don't collect every recording from LP.com comparing their show to the next.

For those who want to see old songs brought back to the set, I suggest you all turn to YouTube or take up bootleg collecting/trading.