Iridescent Music Video

sotrix

If you can't be bothered, visit MTV Australia.

MTV videos don't play on the iPhone unfortunately - something to do with the version of Flash that it uses unless I am mistaken.

Pez man, I just checked the LP app and while it does contain the news update regarding the video, it simply links to the linkinpark.com page - video on that page also won't load on the iPhone.

(I decided to bring my laptop in to work, tethered my iPhone to it for net connection and checked it out that way lol).

Edited by Narc85

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked like a Last Supper reference to me.

Yupp, looked the same to me. bring on the Jesus Freaks calling LP a bunch of blasphemers, and the weird LP super-duper fanboys saying LP is Jesus and it was time for them to show it.

On topic: I liked :)

As far as favorite songs and their videos, not the best.

LOATR>Numb==Iridescent>PMA(No Video)

I....didn't like it. The dogs threw me off, and I didn't get the feeling that they were trying to survive a Evil Transformers World like Joe said. It felt like they had a lot of money to blow on the video, crammed a lot of CG visuals in, and put random, meaningless scenes together and tried to make sense of it all by saying it all revolved around the Transformers. Sorry, Joe....Catalyst was Good, WFTE was Okay, BITS was Okay, but this was just bad.....:(.....

However, the effects on the eyes were cool and the Last Supper shot is perfect, but I want more depth than random scenes and no real sense of a story. ;)

Edited by LPFreak64

@linkinpark: "We've had some technical issues with the music video for "Iridescent" & it has to go away till tomorrow. Please check back then." -From official Twitter

It probably wasn't meant to look all fuzzy like some people said, they're probably fixing it now. I've yet to see what the video looks like on the LP App, is it clearer?

Anyway, I thought it was fine, not their best video but I don't think it's their worst. I've always enjoyed their CGI effects, although I have to say I don't quite understand what the actual video is about besides Transformers.

its decent, def need to watch this in 1080P to appreciate the whole thing

The Catalyst>Iridescent>WFTE>BITS

but

New Divide>Iridescent

in terms of videos using Transformers footage

i agree 100% with this

Just got the chance to see it now. Pretty awesome vid to say the least.

Not a lot of Phoenix in this. I think I may of only seen him a couple of times.

But yeh sick video. Awesome editing and production.

It probably wasn't meant to look all fuzzy like some people said, they're probably fixing it now. I've yet to see what the video looks like on the LP App, is it clearer?

Anyway, I thought it was fine, not their best video but I don't think it's their worst. I've always enjoyed their CGI effects, although I have to say I don't quite understand what the actual video is about besides Transformers.

It's actually probably because of an audio/video sync issue. Check out Mike's lips on the first couple lines of the song - the video lags behind the audio quite a bit.

It's actually probably because of an audio/video sync issue. Check out Mike's lips on the first couple lines of the song - the video lags behind the audio quite a bit.

I thought that was just me experiencing that. :lol:

I really like it, probably my favourite ATS video. I feel the Transformers did ruin it a bit, but hell, it's for the movie so I'm not going to bitch about it.

Though I do feel they should have done a "director's cut" with the original version of the song.

Finally got a chance to see this video and got too say I enjoyed it, but not as much as I was hoping :(

Got to agree with many people on here that the transformers use in the video ruined it a little but got to give credit to the imagery used in the video!

They did two versions of New Divide, whos to say they havent for this, maybe? :)

I don't like this music video, its just terrible.

and generally, what for it was necessary to include a song from the studio album, into the movie transformers ? :blink:

- was a concept album - ATS

- were conceptual music video from the album ATS

and what we are see now ?

slow-mo repeats again ,?! :(

Mike became go mad from Transformers. <_<

I thought the same thing! This has a little more concept and is more acted out. But New Divide shits on it IMO.

Haha yeah. I do like living in the future too, therefore color really catches my eye. LOL

Wow, this really sucks.

I'm sorry. Even though I love the old LP, and was a bit dissapointed by MtM, I think ATS is really great. Different, but really cool.

But when I see the videos I can only say that the LP vids have become a huge let down. HT & Meteora had great and perfect videos. The MTM videos where okay. Not that good, but you can see the videos quite a few times. Now we have the ATS videos, and in my opinion they are far beyond terrible. Look at The Catalyst: amazing song, but they ruined it by that faggy video. Same for WftE and BitS. And now again they raped Iridescent.

Why the hell is this? I hope this was the last vid, because they ruined those songs for me. If they do the same with other good songs like When they come for me and Wretches and Kings, I might be done with this album. Not because the songs are bad, but because they destroyed my image of the songs.

Great:

One Step Closer (2000)

Papercut (2001)

Crawling (2001)

In The End (2001)

Points of Authority (2001)

Somewhere I Belong (2003)

From the Inside (2003)

Numb (2004)

What I've done (2007)

Shadow of the Day (2008)

Leave out all the Rest (2008)

Average:

Points Reanimated (2002)

Faint (2003)

Breaking the Habit (2004)

Bleed it out (2007)

Bad:

New Divide (2009)

The Catalyst (2010)

Waiting for the End (2010)

Burning in the Skies (2011)

Iridescent (2011)

This is my opinion, it's not meant to offend anyone who does like New Divide for example. But you can see the stagnation in video-quality in the years.