Iridescent Music Video

sotrix

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This video looks like a curry of previous 3 ATS videos (People running helter skelter-Catalyst, WFTE effects, random shots-BITS), some transformers, snakes & people eating! LOL!

But i like it. I just wish it wasn't B&W, and that i could watch it in 3D! :(

Althought the technology used in these new videos are far superior to like, the Meteora videos, I would love to see another one of the old style videos such as Numb or From the Inside, two of my favourite videos!

This is my opinion, it's not meant to offend anyone who does like New Divide for example. But you can see the stagnation in video-quality in the years.

Most of their music videos aren't that great to me because they don't hold a story with the song. On that note, I think Michael Bay rubbed off on Joe Hahn in terms of no content, pure special effects. The special effects are fucking awesome though, so I'm content. Music videos with a story died a long time ago, so that's not LP's fault. They are just trying to get attention from all the arrogant hipster kids and I think this will do so, considering all people talk about these days is how "good something looks".

Edited by rav0k

Most of their music videos aren't that great to me because they don't hold a story with the song. On that note, I think Michael Bay rubbed off on Joe Hahn in terms of no content, pure special effects. The special effects are fucking awesome though, so I'm content. Music videos with a story died a long time ago, so that's not LP's fault. They are just trying to get attention from all the arrogant hipster kids and I think this will do so, considering all people talk about these days is how "good something looks".

Completely agree, Michael Bay would have had some sort of impact since its his movie that the song is representing. However I do believe that LP have made some awesome videos in the past!

Cool video. Not the best, not the worst but I'd say it's in the top 25%. Best one off ATS for me. Not amazing by any means but the effects were sweet. I liked seeing Chaz sing a verse w/ Mike, I had no idea he did that in the studio or live version until I saw the video *Facepalm* lol

I hope this was the last vid, because they ruined those songs for me. If they do the same with other good songs like When they come for me and Wretches and Kings, I might be done with this album. Not because the songs are bad, but because they destroyed my image of the songs.

If your opinion is so easily swayed that a VIDEO will actually change how you feel about a SONG, you probably need to get your priorities straightened out.

I honestly don't give a crap about music videos anymore. They don't serve much of a purpose, since they hardly ever get shown on TV anymore, and you can always look up a song on Youtube whether there's a music video for it or not. If the music is good, that's all that matters. If the video is cool, it's a nice little bonus. If it isn't, you don't have to watch it, and you still have the song to listen to.

I think the last music video I watched more than a handful of times was Breaking the Habit.

Didn't like it at first but its gradually growing on me. No crazy about Mike's look and I'm sorry, but for me, the dog looks so out of place in the video.

Looks as though Phoenix had an easy day at the office too.

I'd love for Joe to breakdown his videos and explain what he was trying to convey (if anything) in certain shots, effects etc. Yes, I know the guys like their music & videos to be open to interpretation by each individual but I'd still like for Joe to explain whats happening in the video (apart from his brief description).

While looking at the video, I'm wondering if the transformers parts in the video are taken directly from the movie i.e. like New Divide or if they were specially done for the music video. Does anyone know?

It was clear as day in New Divide but its harder to tell with Iridescent without actually seeing the movie.

I'd love for Joe to breakdown his videos and explain what he was trying to convey (if anything) in certain shots, effects etc. Yes, I know the guys like their music & videos to be open to interpretation by each individual but I'd still like for Joe to explain whats happening in the video (apart from his brief description).

Totally agree. I think this is one of the main reasons I don't really care for this video. As someone said earlier there's a lot of "epic random shit" going on, but personally I like when there's SOMEWHAT of a plot. Or even just know WTF was going on.

I love dogs but they really threw me off. Only thing I could really connect was the "Last Supper" scene.

If you could explain Joe, I'd love to read/hear it!

Also HATE that its not in color. I hope they change up their video style soon. But I believe this is the last single for ATS, so we'll have to wait and see.

I like it very much! Of course now every LP work is a hole new thing and its hard to get used to it.

The hole new album was thing hard to understand at first time but since some time we all get it (of course except HT-Meteora-only fans) and now we only possitive and great emotions about it ;)

From the 1st video of new album "The Catalyst" to "BITS" I wasn't sure if I like it or not but now I surely can say that I DO! I DO LOVE THAT VIDEOS VERY MUCH!!!

The six of them sitting table there. That's what I call a special M&G. Ha!

I don't like it. I love the song, but this music video does nothing me. Except for the fact that I like the way Mike looks so troubled when he sings. I like the emotion.

For me, a good music video is supposed to be a good blend of a tale and a band performance. Or just a band performance, because when it comes down to it, that's what we all like to see. There is no real story here, only a setting. And no real band performance. So it lacks both and therefore it does not move me personally.

Don't get me wrong, actually this is better than a music video with only a tale, and no performance at all. This rarely works. I hate it when the main focus is on the video and not the music. They are at least singing here, and the story is not good enough for you to forget about the music. Balance is the key. But you'll need the right elements to make this balance, and they are missing here.

Wow, this really sucks.

I'm sorry. Even though I love the old LP, and was a bit dissapointed by MtM, I think ATS is really great. Different, but really cool.

But when I see the videos I can only say that the LP vids have become a huge let down. HT & Meteora had great and perfect videos. The MTM videos where okay. Not that good, but you can see the videos quite a few times. Now we have the ATS videos, and in my opinion they are far beyond terrible. Look at The Catalyst: amazing song, but they ruined it by that faggy video. Same for WftE and BitS. And now again they raped Iridescent.

Why the hell is this? I hope this was the last vid, because they ruined those songs for me. If they do the same with other good songs like When they come for me and Wretches and Kings, I might be done with this album. Not because the songs are bad, but because they destroyed my image of the songs.

Great:

One Step Closer (2000)

Papercut (2001)

Crawling (2001)

In The End (2001)

Points of Authority (2001)

Somewhere I Belong (2003)

From the Inside (2003)

Numb (2004)

What I've done (2007)

Shadow of the Day (2008)

Leave out all the Rest (2008)

Average:

Points Reanimated (2002)

Faint (2003)

Breaking the Habit (2004)

Bleed it out (2007)

Bad:

New Divide (2009)

The Catalyst (2010)

Waiting for the End (2010)

Burning in the Skies (2011)

Iridescent (2011)

This is my opinion, it's not meant to offend anyone who does like New Divide for example. But you can see the stagnation in video-quality in the years.

My opinion (excluding reanimation, sorry if i forget any)

Great:

One Step Closer

Papercut

Crawling

In The End

Points of Authority

Somewhere I Belong

From the Inside

Numb

Given Up

Leave Out All the Rest

The Catalyst

New Divide

Breaking the Habit

Average:

Shadow of the Day

Faint

What I've Done

Bad:

Waiting For the End

Burning in the Skies

Iridescent

Bleed it Out

Edited by Bliss

I really like Shadow of the day with the Clock in the beginnung "11:55", but I like all Videos. And this one Chester remind me on Riddick lol. Yeah he looks really like Riddick with the eyes. Mike look great as a big King on the throne, and the Transformers mix is really better as in the Video from New Divide.

hey guys...put on your 3D glasses and watch Iridescent again and again... you will be surprised ;)

Deadass? Anyway, fantastic video, New Divide used to be my fav but this surpasses it by FARRR, give the band some Transformers tech and they really do put on something magical, I give this video 9.5/10 purely for the fact that I have a pretty bad case of serpentphobia lmao.