Iridescent Music Video

sotrix

From Joe Hahn on Facebook: "I present to you our new music video for "Iridescent," from the movie, Transformers: Dark of the Moon. The video explores how human existence might be affected by the elements of Transformers robots and the threat of the Decepticons. What would it be like to be citizens in a decaying universe? I tried a lot of new things here, and we had a lot of fun shooting it. Hope you enjoy."

What do you guys think about the video?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, at first I was not very fond of this video, but now after watching it in HD on TV, my mind has changed. I love it now XD!!! And did anyone else notice that the whole video is in 3D? Thats probably why it was made to look black and white.

I'm going to reserve judgment until I see this in full 1080p. For an example as to why? - in the 35-second low-res preview clip MTV had on their page, you couldn't even tell it was the outline of Optimus Prime over Chester's head towards the end of the clip - in the high-res version on the Linkin Park iPhone app - it was as clear as day, along with several other small elements that simply do not register in a low-resolution video.

Having said that, I am (so far) ever so slightly disappointed in the video... I was really expecting things to pick up at the bridge and go out with a bang... instead it just seemed to revert to regular speed instead of slo-mo.

As for the Transformers thing - it's the lead single for Transformers: Dark Of The Moon. The single released is the Transformers edit and it was released as promo for the movie - of course it was going to have Transformers in it Posted Image

The colours seen specifically towards the edges of the video certainly suggest anaglyphic 3D but I am yet to test it (plus, I'd rather wait for the 1080p version before doing that Posted Image).

Great !!!

Why my post is not on the Newswire ? 1 hour before this post i put the Links with the Video.

Too selfish LPL... At least put the Link from MTVLA where EVERY LP FAN ON THE WORLD CAN WATCH THE VIDEO, not just the VH1 Link for US ONLY !!!

I'm sick of this things.

My post: http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopi...mp;#entry137036

1 Hour before.

Hearing a lot about the 3D on this video, If only I had a 3D tv, ah well having to always use my phone for Internet means I will have to wait until it's up on YouTube argh!!

You won't need a 3D TV to view this one - the red/blue colours are the signature look of an anaglyphic 3D video (the format that requires red/blue coloured glasses).

Once the video is in a downloadable format, I can use a program to separate the left and right eye images (if they are indeed set up that way) and then we will know for sure if the video was produced in 3D :)

Why my post is not on the Newswire?

I'm selfish? Obviously the only purpose of your thread was to advertise your website and you know that.

Also, when Warner Music Group takes down your Youtube videos, you're supposed to take the hint.

If you have any more questions about our Newswire policies, send me a PM.

I'm selfish? Obviously the only purpose of your thread was to advertise your website and you know that.

Also, when Warner Music Group takes down your Youtube videos, you're supposed to take the hint.

If you have any more questions about our Newswire policies, send me a PM.

Youtube ? you are wrong man... I put the embed code from MTVLA... Check the comments ;)

And one more thing, advertise ? why ? if the video is on my website, is not my problem.

At least put the Link from MTVLA because the Southamerican People deserves what the video too.

Why you just put the Vh1 link ? knowing that is US Only when i put a link which is Worldwide ? ???

It isn't necessary to post individual links to the MTV website of every single country on the planet.

I bet this controlled release in specific territories is because of Paramount ...

Qwerty95k, Hawk, what do you think about the video? Like it?

It isn't necessary to post individual links to the MTV website of every single country on the planet.

Qwerty95k, Hawk, what do you think about the video? Like it?

i love the video .. joe did a great job on it

the video is way better than new divide's video to be honest

Great !!!

Why my post is not on the Newswire ? 1 hour before this post i put the Links with the Video.

Too selfish LPL... At least put the Link from MTVLA where EVERY LP FAN ON THE WORLD CAN WATCH THE VIDEO, not just the VH1 Link for US ONLY !!!

I'm sick of this things.

My post: http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopi...mp;#entry137036

1 Hour before.

Ah you're right. Sorry dude. I didn't move or make this thread. I apologize on behalf of the staff. Usually we are pretty good with that stuff! We aren't selfish though, don't be so quick to jump the gun.

well to say the least, it wasn't that great. the black and white killed it for me. It was better than WFTE and BITS and a couple videos from MtM but it isn't nearly as good as their old music videos_ Hybrid Theory has great videos, Meteora had amazing videos, Minutes to MIdnight had some great videos and some i could less about but ATS videos (besides the Catalyst) have been a big letdown

I actually thought that was really good. I haven't thought much of the ATS videos thus far but that looked good. I don't really know what the hell was going on, but I think it flowed well and the designs were cool looking (in a not obnoxious way).

Is Joe Hahn some sort of game master and they're all on the game board? Yeah I have no clue.

its decent, def need to watch this in 1080P to appreciate the whole thing

The Catalyst>Iridescent>WFTE>BITS

but

New Divide>Iridescent

in terms of videos using Transformers footage