• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

How so?

Here is a quote from a user on a Rock Band fansite I visit, that sums things up quite nicely:

It's impossible to access the game files at this point. Xbox 360 RB files used STFS containers, which by the time we started doing customs were already understood and accessible. PS3 files weren't even compressed or packaged, just loose files in folders. So in last gen consoles accessing files was easy.

Current gen consoles are different. Xbox One uses new containers which are encrypted, so we can't even get at the file that holds the RB4 stuff inside. This is the equivalent of not being able to open a CON file. Until we can, there's no looking at what's inside to see the difference. We have a similar situation with the PS4 containers.

I'd like to think that with all the cost-cutting HMX didn't change the formats too much, but who knows.

Edited by iPodwithnomusic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What are the Darker Than Blood stems file names?

BASS GTR

CHORD SYNTH

DBLS

E GUITAR

FX BGS

HARM BGS

HARMS

HI LO SYNTH

LEAD VOCALS

LFO BASS PRINT

MAIN SYNTH

SIREN SYNTH

VOCODER

They're all in .aif format. Always puzzled me that certain elements of the song (some of the vocal parts and all of the percussion components) weren't present in the stems...

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...