Rumor: Linkin Park in Transformers 3 ?

maik_gianino

i pray every night that they will have no involvement with this horrible abomination that some refer to as transformers. I did the first one, was a decent watch and cool to hear LP, second one was horrific but i liked how ND was worked into the score. The movie however was so bad it far outweighs the pros. I can't see the third one being any beter.

Well, they took out the Megan Fox Transformer, so it'll be at least 30% better.

Wait. What? She wasn't a Transformer you say? Could have fooled me. The way she acts, she might as well be a robot.

However, any LP involvement with Trans 3 is a good thing for me. Hans Zimmer did an awesome job with the score last time and I think BITS could be transformed (pun intended) into an awesome movie score. This has me excited!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, they took out the Megan Fox Transformer, so it'll be at least 30% better.

Dude, she and LP were the only reason why I saw the 2nd movie. The new girl they have now is scary looking...

EDIT: Oh yeah 1000 posts!!!! ;D

Edited by MONDREUS240

Worst news ever! I hope it remains a rumor and doesn't come true even if the promotion for ATS would be awesome but its so not worth it. I like Michael Bay for having good taste in the band ;) but that is all i like him for. Until he gets a new script writer and fires himself and get a new director and a new cast and better CGI artists, Transformers and Michael Bay need to stay away from LP and any of their music. I understand he loves the band, but can he try and keep his personal taste and shitty movie business separate.

And i hope LP actually don't let him use their song unless they've seen the movie and it doesn't make them want to shoot themselves.

Edit: Oh, can someone explain to me why would they need to change the single if this horrible rumor becomes true? I don't understand why they couldn't just release it anyway, soundtrack or not even though i love every song of ATS and think they should all be singles.

you really hate Trasformers? I haven't seen the second one, but the first in is a great movie. I do not see what is wrong with transformers (besides maybe Megan Fox)

waitwut? burning in the skies won't be the next single if this is true? .. fuck my life

lol

What I've Done - Gm, Bb, F, C (Im, iii, vii, VI)

New Divide - Fm, Ab, Eb, Bb (Im, iii, vii, VI)

Burning in the Skies - Am, C, G, D (Im, iii, vii, VI)

?

Yeah, that's what I thought, too, but then I went back and listened, and the (exact same fucking) turnaround isn't there. I guess that's enough proof that at one point they were writing a song for Transformers III, but decided against it, or gave up on it. Weird.

Yeah, that's what I thought, too, but then I went back and listened, and the (exact same fucking) turnaround isn't there. I guess that's enough proof that at one point they were writing a song for Transformers III, but decided against it, or gave up on it. Weird.

The chord sequence in BITS has nothing to do with it possibly being in Transformers, its just a coincidence. What I've Done and New Divide use that sequence in most parts of the songs, but Burning In the Skies only uses it for the verses and guitar solo... the verses of BITS are also in the time signature 6/4....so...yeah....

Edit: Oh, can someone explain to me why would they need to change the single if this horrible rumor becomes true? I don't understand why they couldn't just release it anyway, soundtrack or not even though i love every song of ATS and think they should all be singles.

If this rumor becomes true, then they'll want to release BITS as a single to coincide with the release of the movie. That is why it would be pushed back.

you really hate Trasformers? I haven't seen the second one, but the first in is a great movie. I do not see what is wrong with transformers (besides maybe Megan Fox)

lol

It's not that i hate Transformers, its just that the second one was one of the worst films in history. And if tradition continues, the 3rd one would be just as equally terrible. I don't want it to, but its the same script writers who have the same 6 year old playground humor with the same cast of boring and lifeless characters, and the same director who seems like he doesn't know how to manage a big budget and the same shitty editors.e.t.c You get it. Same ingredients are bound to make the same thing. Getting rid of Megan Fox was a good move until they just replaced her with another bimbo who was hired solely to be the obligatory sex object. They should have fired the whole cast and started fresh. I'm willing to pretend the last one never happened.

It's not that i hate Transformers, its just that the second one was one of the worst films in history. And if tradition continues, the 3rd one would be just as equally terrible. I don't want it to, but its the same script writers who have the same 6 year old playground humor with the same cast of boring and lifeless characters, and the same director who seems like he doesn't know how to manage a big budget and the same shitty editors.e.t.c You get it. Same ingredients are bound to make the same thing. Getting rid of Megan Fox was a good move until they just replaced her with another bimbo who was hired solely to be the obligatory sex object. They should have fired the whole cast and started fresh. I'm willing to pretend the last one never happened.

To be fair, the last one was a victim of the writers guild strike thing in '09. So it has a bit of an excuse as to why it wasn't written that well in parts, as either A ) they had to start pre-production of the movie whilst the script was unfinished, or B ) the script was rushed out a bit faster than normal. Either one fits.

Edited by adaminator1

if this is truly happening, then i really hope they'll write a new song just for Transformers 3 . I love Burning in the Skies , but i don't think it will feet good on it....i'd love to hear a new song in the same style of "new divide" for the movie.

Hmm.. I see your point but I kind of think the song really works for the transformers feel.

Ahh, true. If history were to repeat itself, the turnaround would be F to G, but it goes F to D to G instead. They really shot for the moon on that one. :lol:

if this turns out to be true then great news IMO. i've always seen LP as a staple part of the transformers film franchise.

the first is one of my favourites and although the second had its magnitude of problems, i still enjoyed it. on first viewing i was deeply disappointed, but once i accepted the partial change in tone from action movie to an (almost) adventure movie, i enjoyed it more. as adaminator1 already said - the film was an unfortunate victim of the writer's strike - and of course, with studio pressure... was pushed into production when it really should have been held back. the good thing is bay himself has acknowledged the problems with the second and promises to make up for it with the 3rd (we shall see).

one thing... i don't see burning in the skies being the big lead song for the movie... do any of you?