Rumor: Linkin Park in Transformers 3 ?

maik_gianino

From, transformerslive.blogspot.com

"It seems that Michael Bay just can't quit Linkin Park as the band seems to have been tapped to contribute a song and possible more for Transformers: Dark of the Moon. According to an anonymous source, Bay chose "Burning In The Skies" from their current album A Thousand Suns for the movie's soundtrack. As a result instead of Burning as their next single it will now be "Iridescent".

While Linkin Park's involvement has not been officially confirmed, it would not be a surprising move considering the band's relationship with the franchise, previously releasing "What I've Done" for Transformers and "New Divide" for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Chords from those singles were also incorporated into the score of the films. Chances are a music video is also in the works that will use Dark of the Moon footage and ideas. A sample of Burning In The Skies can be found at Amazon or full album samples here."

What do you think guys ?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+33

me too !!!

The only important thing was, "I don't think we work together in Transformers 3" and "I love the new projekts"

If they do i wish they would make another song. Id rather see that hell i think everybody would. Only time will tell. It seems LP seems to be the transformers band. Surprised they havent come out and put transformers on the set :P

21:18*

thats where he talked about it. I was sitting for an entire minute thinking WHERE? lol

Haha, sorry! 21:18

If they do i wish they would make another song. Id rather see that hell i think everybody would. Only time will tell. It seems LP seems to be the transformers band. Surprised they havent come out and put transformers on the set :P

Hahaha, they should put transformers on the set. I'd love to see Bumblebee at a show.

Edited by HybridThe0ry97

If I remember correctly, Mike Shinoda said they WOULD NOT be in Transformers 3.

He also said in the LPU video chat recently that they wouldnt rule it out and 'they' were talking.

By they I guess its management.

But thats kinda sucky if they need to change their next single for it.

Wow, Micheal Bay REALLY REALLY likes that chord sequence.,,,

Impossible. They haven't written that same chord progression from What I've Done and New Divide into any of the songs from A Thousand Suns. Least of all, not Burning In The Skies. Sorry, dude.

Posted Image

Worst news ever! I hope it remains a rumor and doesn't come true even if the promotion for ATS would be awesome but its so not worth it. I like Michael Bay for having good taste in the band ;) but that is all i like him for. Until he gets a new script writer and fires himself and get a new director and a new cast and better CGI artists, Transformers and Michael Bay need to stay away from LP and any of their music. I understand he loves the band, but can he try and keep his personal taste and shitty movie business separate.

And i hope LP actually don't let him use their song unless they've seen the movie and it doesn't make them want to shoot themselves.

Edit: Oh, can someone explain to me why would they need to change the single if this horrible rumor becomes true? I don't understand why they couldn't just release it anyway, soundtrack or not even though i love every song of ATS and think they should all be singles.

Edited by arbiter

Impossible. They haven't written that same chord progression from What I've Done and New Divide into any of the songs from A Thousand Suns. Least of all, not Burning In The Skies. Sorry, dude.

What I've Done - Gm, Bb, F, C (Im, iii, vii, VI)

New Divide - Fm, Ab, Eb, Bb (Im, iii, vii, VI)

Burning in the Skies - Am, C, G, D (Im, iii, vii, VI)

?

if this is truly happening, then i really hope they'll write a new song just for Transformers 3 . I love Burning in the Skies , but i don't think it will feet good on it....i'd love to hear a new song in the same style of "new divide" for the movie.

i pray every night that they will have no involvement with this horrible abomination that some refer to as transformers. I did the first one, was a decent watch and cool to hear LP, second one was horrific but i liked how ND was worked into the score. The movie however was so bad it far outweighs the pros. I can't see the third one being any beter.