More Brazil SWU Proshot Videos

Victor Del Porto

Yesterday, January 03, some videos were shown over a special program "Multishow Music Live" of the SWU Festival at channel Multishow. For many of us Brazilians, the songs that would be shown would likely be the same as the Source 1b (show page), because the channel Multishow belongs to TV Globo. But to the surprise of everyone, that's not what happened!

Two songs were displayed again: New Divide and What I've Done, with camera angle changes. But the channel also showed, uniquely, Empty Spaces, When They Come For Me, Waiting For The End, The Catalyst, and In The End. The songs were shown in the sequence they occurred: New Divide, Empty Spaces, When They Come For Me, Waiting For The End, The Catalyst, In The End, What I've Done.

The highlight for me was, undoubtedly, WTCFM. A camera inside the drum of Chester was fantastic, beyond enlightenment! Watch!

Part 1: New Divide, Empty Spaces, WTCFM, WFTE:

Part 2: The Catalyst, In The End, WID:

Credits:

LPAmerican

Edited by Hahninator

Hope that a DVD version pops up on DIME soon with the sync issues fixed.

I didn't know the very first drum part on WTCFM was sampled live until I watched Madrid the other day. Interesting. They sample so much new stuff (even vocals on WAK and Iridescent and WTCFM) lol

Hope that a DVD version pops up on DIME soon with the sync issues fixed.

I didn't know the very first drum part on WTCFM was sampled live until I watched Madrid the other day. Interesting. They sample so much new stuff (even vocals on WAK and Iridescent and WTCFM) lol

Yeah, hopefully sync issues get fixed but otherwise, its great stuff. Love The Catalyst but hate the vocal effects when its done live.

The sampling is unreal in some of their more recent performance. I laughed at the gang vocal part of Iridescent during the EMA in Spain. Chester was barely moving his lips, same with Phoenix and BBB may as well have been on the other side of the stage "singing" into Phoenix's mic! Ha...it was funny!

Only Joe looks like he's really making the effort when singing.

Its funny cause all the guys recorded gang vocals. They sound the same when performed live yet Rob doesn't sing!!! C'mon LP....quite the pop-music lip syncing crap! :D

Yeah, hopefully sync issues get fixed but otherwise, its great stuff. Love The Catalyst but hate the vocal effects when its done live.

The sampling is unreal in some of their more recent performance. I laughed at the gang vocal part of Iridescent during the EMA in Spain. Chester was barely moving his lips, same with Phoenix and BBB may as well have been on the other side of the stage "singing" into Phoenix's mic! Ha...it was funny!

Only Joe looks like he's really making the effort when singing.

Its funny cause all the guys recorded gang vocals. They sound the same when performed live yet Rob doesn't sing!!! C'mon LP....quite the pop-music lip syncing crap! :D

Yeah, although i think their sticking to singing over the backing track cos the other band members probably aren't used to singing live (except for maybe phoenix) but yeah i really hope they get rid of that backing track soon, i would really like to hear how the gang vocals sound completely live.

C'mon LP....quite the pop-music lip syncing crap! :D

Easily one of the most laughably ignorant comments I've seen in the entire history of this website. First of all, singing over a backing track is not "lip-syncing." If their mics weren't actually on and they weren't actually singing at all, that would be a different story. Second, you're sorely mistaken if you think this is only something pop artists do. I can literally think of DOZENS of rock artists that have used pre-recorded backing vocals during live performances at some point in their career, either in addition to backing vocals that were already being sung live, or to have the backing vocals entirely pre-recorded. Coheed and Cambria did it for a while until they started taking backing singers on tour with them. Muse does it on a few songs. Pendulum does it a lot. Red Hot Chili Peppers did it on a few songs that had a lot of layered background vocals. Same goes for The Who. Boston and Aerosmith used to do it because all the backing vocals on their studio recordings were sung by their lead singer, and nobody else in the band could sing well enough to pull them off live. A crapload of 80s bands did it because of all the gang choruses they used - Motley Crue, KISS, Guns N' Roses, Def Leppard, Van Halen, Journey, Slaughter, etc., and even such highly-regarded acts as U2, Bruce Springsteen, and Roger Waters have used this practice.

Easily one of the most laughably ignorant comments I've seen in the entire history of this website. First of all, singing over a backing track is not "lip-syncing." If their mics weren't actually on and they weren't actually singing at all, that would be a different story. Second, you're sorely mistaken if you think this is only something pop artists do. I can literally think of DOZENS of rock artists that have used pre-recorded backing vocals during live performances at some point in their career, either in addition to backing vocals that were already being sung live, or to have the backing vocals entirely pre-recorded. Coheed and Cambria did it for a while until they started taking backing singers on tour with them. Muse does it on a few songs. Pendulum does it a lot. Red Hot Chili Peppers did it on a few songs that had a lot of layered background vocals. Same goes for The Who. Boston and Aerosmith used to do it because all the backing vocals on their studio recordings were sung by their lead singer, and nobody else in the band could sing well enough to pull them off live. A crapload of 80s bands did it because of all the gang choruses they used - Motley Crue, KISS, Guns N' Roses, Def Leppard, Van Halen, Journey, Slaughter, etc., and even such highly-regarded acts as U2, Bruce Springsteen, and Roger Waters have used this practice.

Wow, the only one out of those i knew used backing vocals was probably pendulum and u2 (but then again i dont really listen to half of the bands you listed) never knew that muse did it as well though,

Wow!!! You sure told me! Not to be smart here but "singing over a backing track" and lip-syncing are two completely different things. True? Yes/No???

Its quite clear that during Irisdescent, the guys aren't even singing over the track, they're lip syncing and its quite obvious. Its a big difference between the two. Lip-syncing is predominately associated with pop acts such as britney or ashley simpson.

I made the point quite a while back that its unlikely we'll hear Robot Boy performed anytime soon as the whole band recorded the track but like I've previously said and others have said too, apart from Chester, Mike and Phoenix, the rest of guys are probably far off from being comfortable singing live. I even get the impression that Phoenix still isn't that comfortable singing live. The only track he's previously had to sing on before ATS was released, is TLTGYA. I can't think of another that he's performed live on.

EDIT: He's also sang on HHH (Thanks LPxDC)

Now, in saying they seem to be lip-syncing on Iridescent, it does look like they are actually singing the "Oh-Oh's" on TC but its harder to tell personally.

And just to finish off, personally I don't really care if the lip-sync cause its still early days performing ATS material. I know the guys are well capable of singing together live so I do hope they remove the lip-syncing sooner rather than later. After all, we go to concerts for that live experience!

Edited by andydlp

Wow!!! You sure told me!

Yes he did. Astat will always tell you. off lol

The only track he's previously had to sing on before ATS was released, is TLTGYA. I can't think of another that he's performed live on.

Hands Held High. He sings the ending chorus a bit