Mike @ LPU Chat

levisa92

My problem with Requiem/WAK is that they are not heavy hitting songs to start with.

With You

Papercut

Don't Stay

One Step Closer

Wake/Given Up

No More Sorrow

What I've Done

Those songs have that hard hitting rock sound with guitar to start the song off. WAK isn't a song you can bounce to. At most, you throw the hands up and that's about it. I like the shows to start off with a punch. The only show I can see doing that this year is NYC. Requiem/Radiance/New Divide. That's a great opener. Requiem is fine if it has a great song after it but WAK opening is ehh. But yeah compared to all other intros to open the show, Requiem lacks the energy.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say that now, wait till you see it live.

+1, requiem -> savio speech is the most badass thing as interlude for opening to the opening song (W&K obviously) LP may have ever done (except for DS 2004 as i said earlier), you will hopefully feel what i feel so put 'em up real high ;)

Edited by sckofelng

You say that now, wait till you see it live.

Wretches opening is great. You'd expect Requiem/WAK not to be a great opening combo but the punch of Wretches after tension's been building all the way through Requiem is incredible.

This.

I have an awesome HD video of this from London, I will upload that and post it here soon lol.

My problem with Requiem/WAK is that they are not heavy hitting songs to start with.

With You

Papercut

Don't Stay

One Step Closer

Wake/Given Up

No More Sorrow

What I've Done

Those songs have that hard hitting rock sound with guitar to start the song off. WAK isn't a song you can bounce to. At most, you throw the hands up and that's about it. I like the shows to start off with a punch. The only show I can see doing that this year is NYC. Requiem/Radiance/New Divide. That's a great opener. Requiem is fine if it has a great song after it but WAK opening is ehh. But yeah compared to all other intros to open the show, Requiem lacks the energy.

You're totally right. The Requiem/W&K is not a heavy hitting song but it is still the best intro I've seen them play live. I think you would have to see it live in person to appreciate the ambiance and mood it sets. And for the ATS tour, it is the best opener that represents the bands tone for the tour. As the note rises and increaser to the vocals appear, it builds up quite well. I actually loved it even better when they had The Requiem transition into The Radiance leading into New Divide like the NYC show. If they opened the show with an old song or intro, it would be the definition of boring because they've done it before. I want something new for this new era of LP and none of those songs sets the right tone with the exception of WID in my opinion. In the end, i'll be fine with whatever LP chooses because just the painful waiting for them to take the stage makes any intro cool because it's like "finally, the band is playing" I won't even care what song they start with.

It doesn't let me embed my youtube video here for some reason so this is the video link to The Requiem/Wretches and Kings from London. Watch it HD!

I love Requiem/WAK opening and since this is an ATS tour it fits really well imo.

It doesn't let me embed my youtube video here for some reason so this is the video link to The Requiem/Wretches and Kings from London. Watch it HD!

I love Requiem/WAK opening and since this is an ATS tour it fits really well imo.

accept ree thats a cool intro to open a set list ;)