A Thousand Suns - #2 best selling rock album of 2010

dark_master

Linkin Park's fourth studio album A Thousand Suns is the second best selling rock/metal album of 2010, according to the Billboard year-end charts. It comes right after Nickelback's Dark Horse, released in November 2008. Thoughts?

Source: Billboard.com

Wait, wait, wait. What you're saying is, ATS lost best selling rock album of 2010 to an album released in 2008?

A contributing factor to this is that Dark Horse had 8 singles..... and like 6 music videos.

this is very true! kept saying to my mate 'dude, how many singles do these guys wanna release from one album... they may as well release all songs on it as singles at this rate!' plus have they toured america recently? im not sure, but i know they only toured australia a fair while after the release of dark horse.

warner is probably pissed, looking at previous lp album sales they all went gold in a matter of days to weeks. Who cares about sales though.

BUT that said, i don't like losing to nickelback.

They have horrible music, just horrible.

LOOK AT THIS PHOTOGRAPH LOOK AT IT!!@!@!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think ATS is going to need 8 singles to go platinum. It's only been out a few months and is already half-way there. Given LP's habit of taking three or more years to release a new album, ATS has plenty of time to go platinum.

And before everyone jumps on me, I know the 7-8 singles thing was a joke.