29.10.2010 - Hamburg, Germany

hahninator

LP will be playing their next show in Hamburg, Germany today at O2 World. This is the seventh show for the band on the European leg of the tour and the tenth show of the World Tour (NYC not counted here since it was an album release show aka "promo show" in our definition). LP last performed in Hamburg in 2007 (show page here) for the third arena show in support of "Minutes To Midnight". An interesting note about Hamburg is that it is the city where LP had to cancel their show on September 11th, 2001 (show page here) due to the terrorist attacks in the USA. They played with the Deftones in Hamburg earlier that year (WOW, we actually have NO show page for that one!) and then made up the canceled show in 2003 on the LPU Tour (show page here). Assuming all of what I said is correct, this will be their fourth show in Hamburg. And lastly, this is the fifth German show out of SIX on this leg of the tour. Nice!

Anyway, in Köln two days ago (show page here), they randomly surprised us by placing 'Lying From You' and 'Leave Out All The Rest' in place of 'Papercut' and 'The Messenger'. The question is... will they change up any other songs? They have played three total songs on this tour unrehearsed ('A Place For My Head' in Paris being the other), so why stop now? Would you like to see them play something like 'Somewhere I Belong', 'From The Inside', or 'Points Of Authority'? What about any other songs off of "A Thousand Suns"?

Who's going to the show? Are we getting live setlist updates for this one again like we did for the last show?

We have a lot of sweet pictures to add to the site after the tour is over, so I can't wait for that. If you have any LPU M&G passes, ticket stubs, pictures of posters, etc...anything from the recent shows, feel free to attach them in a reply here or email it to us on our contribution page. Thanks!

The rest of the 2010 tour dates can be found here. The tour continues on the 30th in Herning, Denmark at the MCH Arena.

SETLIST:

01. The Requiem

02. Wretches and Kings

03. Lying From You

04. Given Up

05. New Divide

06. Faint

07. Empty Spaces

08. When They Come For Me

09. No More Sorrow

10. Jornada Del Muerto

11. Waiting For The End

12. Wisdom, Justice & Love

13. Iridescent

14. Numb

15. The Radiance (Live Version)

16. Breaking The Habit

17. Shadow Of The Day

18. Crawling

19. One Step Closer

----------------------------

20. Fallout

21. The Catalyst

22. Leave Out All The Rest

23. In The End

24. What I've Done

25. Bleed It Out (Ext. intro) (Bridge w/ APFMH verse 1 + bridge)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to hear some of their older songs from older albums.

but not just 'Somewhere I Belong', 'From The Inside', or 'Points Of Authority', I wanna see them play stuff like 'By Myself', 'With You', 'Runaway', 'High Voltage', 'Figure.09', 'Don't Stay' and 'QWERTY'...

you know all the stuff that we haven't heard since 2003/04 so they could fresh up the setlist a bit...

I'll be there. I could probably scan my ticket stub on Saturday if you like. The only problem that I have is that a friend of mine just told me that she'll be late and cannot drive me. So is there anyone driving from the station Hamburg-Altona to the arena at about 14:10h? My leg has been hurting these days and I'm not sure if standing in the tram/walking the rest of the way won't make it hurt even more before the concert even starts. I'll be picked up by someone else after the show, so I just need someone to drive me to the arena. Help would be very appreciated.

Edited by MaoChouChan

my thought:

The Requiem

Wretches & Kings

Lying From You

Given Up

New Divide

Faint

Empty Spaces

When They Come For Me

No More Sorrow

Wisdom, Justice And Love

Iridescent

Numb

The Radiance

Breaking The Habit

Leave Out All The Rest

Crawling

One Step Closer

==============================

Fallout

The Catalyst

The Messenger

In The End

What I've Done

Bleed It Out

Just a list of songs i hope they might play it one day

Hybrid theory era

1. Forgotten

2. With You

3. Runaway

Meteora era

1. Don't Stay

2. Somewhere I Belong (Extended intro Rock Am Ring 2004)

3. Easier To Run

"Qwerty"

Minutes To Midnight era

1. Wake 2.0

2. In Pieces

3. No Roads Left

4. Across The Line

This is probably a stupid question, but how do we know the songs have been unrehearsed? Did LP decide to play these different songs and change the play list while on stage? How do people know that is the case and it was not planned?

This is probably a stupid question, but how do we know the songs have been unrehearsed? Did LP decide to play these different songs and change the play list while on stage? How do people know that is the case and it was not planned?

No. Mike said APFMH was unrehearsed. Probably right before the set they made the decision to play it.

LOATR and LFY info came from Pooch, who is the most reliable person on the matter actually. Those were actually on the setlist. I'm not 100% sure about APFMH but I am pretty sure that one wasn't on the setlist. But he informed us that the band saw complaining about the setlist here online and that they changed it up, performing 2 unrehearsed songs because of that.

Im going to say what I said in the other thread about some live songs like Figure.09, With You and Don't Stay.

Ok With You is a song that was recorded on a 7 string guitar but Brad would string up a 6 string up like a 7 and remove the high E string. If brad doesnt have an Ibanez (what he normally used for it) in his touring rig strung like a 7 string (which I believe he hasnt had in years) then theres no chance the song will be played because its impossible.

Same thing with Don't Stay. Brad uses an Ibanez RG470XL which is a guitar that allows Brad to go down a few extra steps without his strings lacking. Its not possible for Brad to play Dont Stay without this guitar. But this guitar might still be in his rig depending on whether he has removed guitar from last tour (2008 tour I believe).

So guys, no offence but stop hating on the band because they can't play certin songs like with you and Dont stay on this tour. If they dont have the gear its not possible. I hate seeing the band getting abuse for not playing songs which the gear for it is still in LA or wherever they store their equipment these days.