• Hybrid Theory
    • Meteora
    • Minutes to Midnight
    • A Thousand Suns

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Thousand Suns is definitely Linkin Park's best album to date in this humble fan's opinion. Don't get me wrong, it is not a master piece. It is not perfect because masterpieces and perfection are humanly impossible. There is no such thing.

But A Thousand Suns is near perfect, the best anything can ever be. It is their most diverse album to date. Out of all their albums or any album i have ever had to pleasure of listening to, A Thousand Suns is the only one where i loved every single song. The songs on there are crafted so well with so many layers and textures. They are what i think of when i hear art. It is really a journey. And the lyrics are wonderful.

Edited by arbiter

Meteora can suck mah dick! almost half of the album is pure shit. HTF, ETR, Session, SIB, and don't forget the song from Satan's ass...NUMB!!!!

ATS is 10x better, so suck it! =D

ETR, Session, SIB, and Numb are amazing songs!!!! IMO at least. They are great songs. HTF is ok but not bad

For me it's:

1. A Thousand Suns

2. Minutes to Midnight

3. Hybrid Theory

4. Meteora

I got a car in early 09 and a CD player for it (the car is from 1997) in June 2009. Since then I had Minutes to Midnight in the CD player 100% of the time and just killed that album (in a positive way). Likewise, I did the same once A Thousand Suns came out. I bought a copy from Best Buy, put it in my car and it's been in the CD player since then. Meteora is probably my least favorite because I dislike more songs from that album than any other (Hit the Floor, Nobody's Listening). Nobody's Listening is boring IMO and Hit the Floor sounds nothing like LP :P

I voted ATS :) Don't get me wrong, I love every single LP album. Hence, I was introduced into LP through Meteora, Hybrid Theory soldified my venture into LP, and M2M was my reward. But ATS is different... it makes me feel like I'm listening to something legendary, something that will be remembered long after I'm dead. I love that. SO here's my ranking of the albums:

1. ATS (Reason above)

2. M2M (Because before ATS, this was my favorite)

3. Meteora (This is some ballz to the wallz album, pumps my up all the time)

4. Hybrid Theory (a great start for sure, but dated. I still love it like my child though lol)

I voted ATS :) Don't get me wrong, I love every single LP album. Hence, I was introduced into LP through Meteora, Hybrid Theory soldified my venture into LP, and M2M was my reward. But ATS is different... it makes me feel like I'm listening to something legendary, something that will be remembered long after I'm dead. I love that. SO here's my ranking of the albums:

1. ATS (Reason above)

2. M2M (Because before ATS, this was my favorite)

3. Meteora (This is some ballz to the wallz album, pumps my up all the time)

4. Hybrid Theory (a great start for sure, but dated. I still love it like my child though lol)

Definitely agree with you. Its like a growth of the band. With every new album they have new challenges and they make always some brand new stuff. Hehe, actually I didn't have this idea before, tnx for your post ;) Edited by Maxthunderer

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I voted for Minutes to Midnight. It was the first prove, that they can more as to be a nu metal band. They have written many good songs in that process that I loved like "across the line", what I've done or what we don't know.

Bleed it out was a song, that can be only wrote by them. They have guitar solo's on this album that was making the song really special like, "In Pieces".

Valentines Day, has a piano solo and build up to a really good rock song in the end.

There are a lot more, why I love this album..

Yes, we're dam kidding you... whatever the hell that may entail.

Hybrid Theory is my favourite LP album, but I think A Thousand Suns is the best one. It's artistically adventurous and creates a completely unique atmosphere without sacrificing the core of Linkin Park's sound.

They're very difficult to compare really, as they're of very different genres, it's like comparing a Limp Bizkit album to a Radiohead one.

A THOUSAND SUNS? ARE U DAM KIDDING ME? WTF

Hybrid Theory is my favourite LP album, but I think A Thousand Suns is ... artistically adventurous and creates a completely unique atmosphere without sacrificing the core of Linkin Park's sound.

what he said...