121 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your favorite studio album of Linkin Park

• Hybrid Theory
    • Meteora
    • Minutes to Midnight
    • A Thousand Suns

A THOUSAND SUNS? ARE U DAM KIDDING ME? WTF

I agree

Hybrid Theory is my favourite LP album, but I think A Thousand Suns is the best one. It's artistically adventurous and creates a completely unique atmosphere without sacrificing the core of Linkin Park's sound.

Just curios, what do you think the core of Linkin Park's sound is?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curios, what do you think the core of Linkin Park's sound is?

A blend of rock, hip-hop and electronic music that includes vocal interplay between the band's two vocalists.

If anything, ATS is closer than MTM to this.

One of the reasons I don't like Minutes as much as the other albums is that there is very little vocal interplay. The majority of the album is sung completely by Chester, while the few Mike-sung tracks are dominated completely by Mike. I've always felt that the dynamics between them as vocalists was one of the band's great strengths, and MTM just doesn't have that.

Yes, we're dam kidding you... whatever the hell that may entail.

Hybrid Theory is my favourite LP album, but I think A Thousand Suns is the best one. It's artistically adventurous and creates a completely unique atmosphere without sacrificing the core of Linkin Park's sound.

They're very difficult to compare really, as they're of very different genres, it's like comparing a Limp Bizkit album to a Radiohead one.

I support this message.

You can't beat Hybrid theory....Any song that can finish the concert in a rocking way is "One step closer","Crawling" makes crowd crazy,& the song in which crowd goes mad is "In the end",Don't forget "A place for my head" in which guitarist breaks his guitar....well,Hybrid theory is epic,& it's record breaking album.............. <3 <3 <3

A blend of rock, hip-hop and electronic music that includes vocal interplay between the band's two vocalists.

If anything, ATS is closer than MTM to this.

One of the reasons I don't like Minutes as much as the other albums is that there is very little vocal interplay. The majority of the album is sung completely by Chester, while the few Mike-sung tracks are dominated completely by Mike. I've always felt that the dynamics between them as vocalists was one of the band's great strengths, and MTM just doesn't have that.

to each his own opinion, i agree MTM didn't have enough Mike but the song were written well and were good rock songs that make the album really good. I loved MTM, and it's also the album with the best b-sides/ unreleased songs. MTM was a perfect rock album

I think my 1 hour long playlist of live versions of Jornada Del Muerto is Linkin Park's best album.

+1

But no ATS is definitely the best for me. I can't even really listen to Meteora any more. It's...to me, it's just Hybrid Theory with shittier cover art. That's all. There's very little musical growth. And sure, that can be expected from a band that had existed for all of three years (in the eyes of the public, not in actuality). The second album doesn't have to be a total reinvention. But it should push the boundaries of the established sound, and Meteora doesn't do that at all. It takes the established sound and, honestly, pokes at it a bit, maybe changes the shape a little bit, but certainly doesn't challenge it whatsoever. Shit, Breaking the Habit was probably the most adventurous song on that album, and that's not saying much.

+1

But no ATS is definitely the best for me. I can't even really listen to Meteora any more. It's...to me, it's just Hybrid Theory with shittier cover art.

:o

the cover art is better than HT's tbh

Edited by Bliss

ATS. Because it's an ALBUM and not just a set of songs. But i like every LP album, but ATS is just special for me. Because it was the first album i bought on it's release date, and the first album where i actually liked every song.

Edited by nikolajlaulp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I voted A Thousand Suns.

HT - I like it. Sure. But in my opinion, you listen to HT to hear a few songs, and then change it. What songs those are vary per person, but I think it is too song-by-song. Also when I listen to HT it just makes me want to listen to Pre-HT stuff, which I then do.

Mete - See Hybrid Theory. But I think it does flow a bit better.

M2M - Least favorite. Blargh. Too many of my "least favorites" in that album. Bleed It Out, What I've Done, No More Sorrow, Given Up, Leave Out All The Rest, In Between, etc. Even though ironically, The Little Things Give You Away is on there, which is by far one of my favorite Linkin Park songs.

ATS - I think Linkin Park's previous albums are more fan-pleasing. And like some, I don't like the concept of 6 interlude "songs". But this is the best ALBUM, man. Not only are great great songs (IMO) like Iridescent, Blackout, Waiting For The End, Burning In The Skies, and The Catalyst on here, but they all flow perfectly into one another.

Man, I love Pre-HT LP the best though. HT EP, the 8 and 9 track demos, the 1998 demos, that stuff OWNS.

• 1 month later...

Voted Meteora. I respect them more for Minutes to Midnight, and even more for A Thousand Suns, but this is about music. I could take an epic song like TLTGYA over most songs on Meteora, but there was not a single song on Meteora I dislike even slightly. Any mood I'm in, I can sit through Meteora for weeks. I can't say the same for Minutes to Midnight or ATS. And HT was just a less refined Meteora