International LPU Summit

Aberu

I'm from *insert name of city/country here* and it's too expensive for me to get to London. Why can't LP have this summit in *insert name of my city/country here*.

Please utilize the above template when posting similar complaints so that we don't clog up this thread unnecessarily.

Thanks.

:lol:

LMAO

I'm gonna say the opposite thing which is I'm so friggin' happy it's in LONDON!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you kinda sound like one ;) no offence! Germany always gets more shows than other countries - thats a fact. So you have thie gigs, UK people have the summit.

No problem dude! ;)

I'm from *insert name of city/country here* and it's too expensive for me to get to London. Why can't LP have this summit in *insert name of my city/country here*.

Please utilize the above template when posting similar complaints so that we don't clog up this thread unnecessarily.

Lulz. Seriously, I don't complain because it's too expensive for me. I'm talking about serious arguements here. I've always heard people saying that the US is LP's country no.1, then Japan, then Germany. Well, whatever.

I'm gonna say the opposite thing which is I'm so friggin' happy it's in LONDON!

That's the exact thing I'm accused of. "It's in my country, it's awesome!" "It's not in my country, it sucks!"

Lulz. Seriously, I don't complain because it's too expensive for me. I'm talking about serious arguements here. I've always heard people saying that the US is LP's country no.1, then Japan, then Germany. Well, whatever.

That's the exact thing I'm accused of. "It's in my country, it's awesome!" "It's not in my country, it sucks!"

I hadn't seen your post when I'd made mine, don't want it to seem that I singled you out... Hence my 2nd post with the love note to London.

I'm not complaining though, that's the difference. This thread is directly linked to London/O2 and that is exactly what I'm posting about.

If one person starts complaining about why LP couldn't do this in their country then everyone will start complaining too. This Summit is such a nice thing that the band are doing and everyone has the CHANCE of going which I think is great. It's up to your own individual circumstances if you can make it or not. The band have given EVERYONE the chance which I think is the most important thing.

I'm not complaining though, that's the difference. This thread is directly linked to London/O2 and that is exactly what I'm posting about.

If one person starts complaining about why LP couldn't do this in their country then everyone will start complaining too. This Summit is such a nice thing that the band are doing and everyone has the CHANCE of going which I think is great. It's up to your own individual circumstances if you can make it or not. The band have given EVERYONE the chance which I think is the most important thing.

Well good, but don't forget that the chance is either LPUX - free, or 40$ :/ Not anyone can afford another 40$. And it's a discussion for other thread LPU9-LPUX thing is really weird for me..

I'm not complaining though, that's the difference.

Well, your post just sounds like you'd complain if it wasn't in London (or the UK).

Once again, my "complaining" wasn't about that I couldn't make it to London, read my posts again. And yes, they have given every LPU member the chance to go - but seriously, $40 for LPU9 (or in other words: current LPU) members??!

Hopefully if they do this in the US also, there's each one for West and East coast.

Also the Central (LOTS of fans here in Texas *hinthint*) :P This is pretty epic. I'd LOVE to go to something like this. As soon as I can I'm buying LPUX. LP should have told us they'd be doing stuff like this instead of being vague about it.

Vague=no LPUExpensive

LPU summit info = me buying LPUX ASAP.

ADAM! Question: When buying the pass for 40$ is LPU sending me anything from the US?

Damn ;/

"$40.00 USD (+Applicable tax, shipping and handling costs)" ME wants to know cause if the tickets or whatever needed to enter the summit will be shipped and will not come on time if fuc**d :/

Edited by michalangelo

Also the Central (LOTS of fans here in Texas *hinthint*) :P This is pretty epic. I'd LOVE to go to something like this. As soon as I can I'm buying LPUX. LP should have told us they'd be doing stuff like this instead of being vague about it.

Vague=no LPUExpensive

LPU summit info = me buying LPUX ASAP.

Ugh.

I wouldn't complain if it wasn't in London, please don't assume I would do so.

I think 40$ is a reasonable amount for this event but obviously people will disagree. I understand your point but I just don't think we should discuss all that in this thread. :)

no. that $40 is only for a pass to the summit. it doesn't include merch or an lpux membership or anything.

so it'll be something like a ticket for me to print? nothing comes from the US right?

At the LPU it says: "$40.00 USD (+Applicable tax, shipping and handling costs)"

Edited by michalangelo

Good evening Adam,

Just wondering i have a ticket to see them on the 10th. I just upgraded my membership and got the ticket for the event which runs over both days. Will i still be able to see the band on the 11th without an actual concert ticket for the day.

I wouldn't complain if it wasn't in London, please don't assume I would do so.

Well, I can't judge it, I was only assuming it from your post.

I think 40$ is a reasonable amount for this event but obviously people will disagree.

Yes, it is. But not for current LPU members if it's a LPU event.

I understand your point but I just don't think we should discuss all that in this thread. :)

I think we should. It's related to the topic.

so it'll be something like a ticket for me to print? nothing comes from the US right?

At the LPU it says: "$40.00 USD (+Applicable tax, shipping and handling costs)"

Oh right. No, it will be a digital ticket that you will have to print. No shipping costs.

Good evening Adam,

Just wondering i have a ticket to see them on the 10th. I just upgraded my membership and got the ticket for the event which runs over both days. Will i still be able to see the band on the 11th without an actual concert ticket for the day.

No. Concert tickets are NOT included with Summit passes. You can still go to the event on the 11th though if you aren't going to the show!

Posting from mobile phone.

Wow this an excellent idea. Now we know why adam is going to europelol. This is so awesome I'm jealous but stuff like this would make lpuxpensive worth it. To all the people voicing their "opinions" travel or don't state your "opinion" to the other people not in the surrounding area I'm sure this won't be the last lpu summit the band just started the tour cycle I'm sure they are planning more for different parts of the world and if they can't hey its not biggie they can only do what they can within their power. And again gotta aplaud adam answering ?s . Wow I wish I could go the event happens on my birthday. I hope everyone that goes has a great time and takes lots of pics for those who can't go like me =)

Alright let me get back to my shrimp bisque and back to work

To all the people voicing their "opinions" travel or don't state your "opinion" to the other people not in the surrounding area I'm sure this won't be the last lpu summit the band just started the tour cycle I'm sure they are planning more for different parts of the world and if they can't hey its not biggie they can only do what they can within their power.

Thank you, my thoughts exactly.

Wow this is a really cool thing but I´m going to Paris instead of London...

Let´s see how it works. Looks like this is going to be an awesome year of LPU if not the best :)

This is a good reason to renew!

Sorry for the Offtopic but, we the LPU, have the chance to see the LP performance at the EMA´s?

And one last thing, their performance could be indoors (La Caja Mágica) or outdoors (Puerta de Alcalá) like the VMA´s.

Edited by MikeDCT

To all the people voicing their "opinions" travel or don't state your "opinion" to the other people not in the surrounding area I'm sure this won't be the last lpu summit the band just started the tour cycle I'm sure they are planning more for different parts of the world and if they can't hey its not biggie they can only do what they can within their power.

You're probably right about LPU summit touring the world but telling people to not state their opinion? Seriously?

Posting from mobile phone.

Wow this an excellent idea. Now we know why adam is going to europelol. This is so awesome I'm jealous but stuff like this would make lpuxpensive worth it. To all the people voicing their "opinions" travel or don't state your "opinion" to the other people not in the surrounding area I'm sure this won't be the last lpu summit the band just started the tour cycle I'm sure they are planning more for different parts of the world and if they can't hey its not biggie they can only do what they can within their power. And again gotta aplaud adam answering ?s . Wow I wish I could go the event happens on my birthday. I hope everyone that goes has a great time and takes lots of pics for those who can't go like me =)

Alright let me get back to my shrimp bisque and back to work

Yeah. Why should anyone voice their "opinions" on a public forum meant for open discussion? :rolleyes:

It is a nice idea. It definitely sounds like a lot of fun, and should be great for those in Europe and especially the UK.

But... It does suck that its in the UK. How about those in the US that worked tirelessly to get the band noticed here before anybody gave a rat's ass overseas. I understand most of the contests are for US residents only, but who wants a dumb plaque when you can go to an LPU international summit. For those who have many complications and a life, its not easy to simply get up and travel half way across the world to a different country with less than a month's notice. We are not all kids, still in school, living on mommy and daddy's paychecks... I hate when the LPU does location specific stuff. It leaves everyone else with moderate responsibilities left out.

Like most things in the LPU the last several years... Great idea's, horrible implementation. Hopefully I turn out being wrong. Hating on those who are simply dissapointed is stupid on it's own. Sorry if all of you don't like it, but thats how I feel. You can't silence all the critics, so it would be wise to learn to block them out if they annoy you. People have serious issue's these days simply ignoring something if it bothers you so much... :rolleyes: