The Catalyst demo?

I like Chester's vocals on this version with less effects added to it. The lift me up, and the outro has more energy on the album version though. hopefully someone blends the two and pops it up on youtube. i like chester with less effects, but everything else on the album version i liked more

It's a different mix than the album because they had to finish it sooner.

They discuss it in MOATS.

QFT. same situation with MMA and FIFA 11 - both feature slightly different versions of Wretches & Kings and Blackout (respectively).

Interesting...

I mean it could be a demo, or an edited version especially done for the game...

LP keeps saying that they haven't changed much on the Catalyst since it has been written (2008-2009) either its one of the first versions or as I said done for the game..

This version has less effects over the voices right? And the percussion is by far clearer than on the normal version..

have you tried the jack-half-way-unplug trick? If you pull out your headphones halfway out you'll be able to hear the background stuff + band vocals and effects..

It sounds flatter in general. And there are clearly less effects on Chester. Also, the synth solo is quieter.The piano part sounds different too. Drums in the "lift me up" part sound softer. Chester's background "ohhs" towards the end are different too. Plus a little echo thing on the last "can't be outrun".

Definitely a different version, I think we can assume it's the pre-final mix discussed in MOATS.

Edited by Ash

Interesting...

I mean it could be a demo, or an edited version especially done for the game...

LP keeps saying that they haven't changed much on the Catalyst since it has been written (2008-2009) either its one of the first versions or as I said done for the game..

This version has less effects over the voices right? And the percussion is by far clearer than on the normal version..

have you tried the jack-half-way-unplug trick? If you pull out your headphones halfway out you'll be able to hear the background stuff + band vocals and effects..

Well, the LPTV of Chester recording vocals for The Catalyst was in January of 2010. You can tell because that is when the video for the new LP.COM video came out and they were wearing the same outfits and they were in the same studio. So the version we have here may be from around that time? I'm not sure.

I've done the half headphone jack out trick before too!! I'm happy that somebody else knows that too!!! I felt alone. Out Of Ashes has really cool background stuff, listen to Fire and Too Late for example.

So what we have here is a real demo or a different mix? This is pretty interesting, I'd like to hear WaK and Blackout too

Okay, SPOILER, I can't see it because that's the end of the game and I want to play it. When (minute) does the song start?

Edited by annare

Brother just got MoH, and the song plays during the credits.

I would call this a Demo, basically everything the same expect some minor things.

I would prob call it a different mixed version.

Now i need to learn how to rip the song. Fun.

Well, the LPTV of Chester recording vocals for The Catalyst was in January of 2010. You can tell because that is when the video for the new LP.COM video came out and they were wearing the same outfits and they were in the same studio. So the version we have here may be from around that time? I'm not sure.

I've done the half headphone jack out trick before too!! I'm happy that somebody else knows that too!!! I felt alone. Out Of Ashes has really cool background stuff, listen to Fire and Too Late for example.

In the darkness is da shit with this trick

MMA - Wretches (it's edited to sound longer) no difference in mix that i can hear.

FIFA - Blackout (keyboard line in second verse sounds a lot louder)

see with wretches i heard heaps of differences? been a while since i gave it a listen, but from what i can remember the 'hey, hey, hey' bits sounded far more military-ish if that makes any sense... also, chesters vocals sounded somewhat different to me - especially on the pronunciation of 'blow' (i think?). i need to hear it again! :)