Buenos Aires Setlist

Why would you want Robot boy to be played!? It's a darn interlude!

Uhh...what? Robot Boy is a full-length song.

11 new songs...are you kidding me linkin park? this sucks so bad..i think i will sell my ticket, wont pay 70 euro for shit like that!!

LOL @ the idiocy of expecting a band not to play songs from their new album on the tour immediately following its release. I'm sure if you're that opposed to the idea, they don't want your money anyway. I sure wouldn't.

Manu posted this on LPA:

They didn't interact with the crowd again. Why don't they do this anymore? -.-

Every time somebody says this about a show, it ends up being a gross exaggeration. I have NEVER heard a show where the band didn't interact with the crowd at all. Check out the end of The Messenger, for instance.

Kinda disappointed by this set list, its just the same as they have been playing for the last few years... Kill Shadow Of The Day, Crawling, NMS, What ive done and all the interludes and put in some APFMH, QWERTY, With You, Across the line, Figure.9 and Pretend to be; or hell lets get some carousel, Part of me, and one and reading my eyes HELL YEAH!!! I would pay big money to see any of those 4 songs live!

I think what lp need to do is hold one big special concert that they could also release on DVD where they play all the stuff they have not played in ages or even at all live, all the b-sides and songs i have mentioned above, hopefully in sydney lol :P THAT WOULD BE EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In other words...drop all the hits that 95% of people who go to a show want to hear, and play a bunch of obscure tracks that most of the people in the audience won't even know (save for APFMH, With You, and Figure.09). I've actually witnessed QWERTY live, and I can tell you, nobody in the audience gave a fuck. There were maybe 3 people around me who knew the song, and it got by far the worst audience reception of any song played that night.

If LP didn't play Crawling, Shadow of the Day, What I've Done, and a bunch of their other singles all in the same show, people would probably be lined up at the box office demanding refunds after it was over.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've actually witnessed QWERTY live, and I can tell you, nobody in the audience gave a fuck. There were maybe 3 people around me who knew the song, and it got by far the worst audience reception of any song played that night.

It's true. You have to please the entire crowd. They aren't going to form their setlist around the 30/30,000+ people that want something old school and not as popular.

Cool to see so much love for ATS on the first setlist. I'm one of the people that wants a full album show and could care less about anything they've done over and over for ten years. It makes sense to play the hits, but will always rub the hardcore fan the wrong way. Viva la LPU tour :)

I prefer the older stuff, even m2m over ATS, but ATS songs live are awesome! Chester on drums during when they come for me, the requiem to wretches and kings for the intro, fallout and the catalyst beginning the second encore, etc AWESOME. Can do without the messenger, and a different closer, one step closer or faint.

I'm lazy at comparing setlists, so quick question:

Did they add old songs that weren't played at NY?

@The Messenger: Chester sings very differently from ATS. Yeah.

Edited by Trang

I'm lazy at comparing setlists, so quick question:

Did they add old songs that weren't played at NY?

Papercut, Crawling, When They Come For Me, The Messenger, Shadow of the Day. Plus all the ATS interludes.

Holy crap, they took The Messenger all the way down from G to Eb. I figured they'd take it down a half step, maybe a whole step, but not 4 freaking semitones...I hope this isn't a sign of Chester's voice getting even worse. He was painfully out of tune on the outro of When They Come For Me too, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that one since he's not used to singing and playing drums at the same time.

I don't think tuning The Messenger down has anything to do with him getting worse. The highest note he hits in the studio version is B, which he also hits and sustains in Given Up. I think they just brought it down because it probably just sounds better has a low acoustic song. Those high notes would sound odd in a live acoustic song.

cut out the pointless interludes and it'll be perfect. i'm glad they played "the messenger"... i hope it gets played at the US shows as well.

ummm what? Interludes ADD to the song. Thats like taking Foreword, Wake out. Well they did it already but you get the point. If anything the interludes give the band some time to take a breather.

Papercut, Crawling, When They Come For Me, The Messenger, Shadow of the Day. Plus all the ATS interludes.

Correction on that, the band hadn't done Empty Spaces or Wisdom, Justice and Love yet. Just saying :)