NYDN Article about ATS

SpikeMinoda

What do you prefer?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you read all reviews about ATS?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only some

We just found an article about ATS by the New York Times

Read it here

I don't want to spoil you here, so if you like read it, if you don't wait til the record drops.

What is the way you guys prefer?

Personally, the reporter sounds like a prissy little "I want Old Skoolz LP back" casual listener. I'm surprised they didn't type it in all caps to show their rage.

you guys seem to failing to realise....this is the opinion of a lot of casual listeners....this album could potentially destroy half of LP's fanbase. I for one am dissappointed and i haven't even heard the album in full. But i was disappointed by MTM. So I guess, you've been hurt once you learn your lesson to keep your guard up.

I'm not saying people should listen to it or not, it's personal taste...i just think this album might be the most dangerous thing LP could have released.

Personally, the reporter sounds like a prissy little "I want Old Skoolz LP back" casual listener. I'm surprised they didn't type it in all caps to show their rage.

That's why I usually don't take much from reviewers; normally they sound like douchenozzles, be it music or movies. Don't talk down to me because I like something you don't.

1/5? I havent listened to the album but this guy is a prick. I've never seen a review that refuses to shed ANY positive light on an album...I hope he's dead wrong about this album and that he's just a dumbass. But we'll see I guess.

And yeah NYDN sucks big time. Let's get some actual newspapers in here. My school newspaper writes better reviews than this and they have the highest admissions rate in the conference.

It wasn't even really a review it was a rant. A review would go through the entire thing in much more depth. This guy should be fired. Not for not liking the record, but for being such a one-sided douche about the thing and then writing nothing but mean shit. Bash the album, do what you want. But if you ever, EVER put Bieber in with linkin park, i WILL hunt you down.

Edited by Cbass

Wow those guys bashed the shit out of LP :D

thecooldude

7:14:58 AM

Sep 7, 2010

lol *********. do you even know what the hell are you talking about? and you call yourself a journalist? ahaha what an awful review, I already listened to the album myself and it is simply amazing. compare Mike Shinoda to vanila ice? Chester Bennington and emo singer? ahahah you really don't even exist, search for an hole and gtfo.

Win.

Edited by feelthless

you guys seem to failing to realise....this is the opinion of a lot of casual listeners....this album could potentially destroy half of LP's fanbase. I for one am dissappointed and i haven't even heard the album in full. But i was disappointed by MTM. So I guess, you've been hurt once you learn your lesson to keep your guard up.

I'm not saying people should listen to it or not, it's personal taste...i just think this album might be the most dangerous thing LP could have released.

Agreed.

i hope he gets fired from NYDN i will laugh so hard if he does

didnt like the review seems as someone from youtube wrote this review but it isnt a user from youtube that wrote it. its some professional

/meh thats just my two cent about this review. wasnt much of a review more like how he feels about the album.

robots should do reviews. Only way to make it unbiased. People like this douche does not review the album they compare it, BIG difference.

When ever a reviewer says "like HT" or "like ......" he is expecting a sound/formula used before. A band does not sign a contract to only make a certain genre, no one has the right to criticize the genre a band is doing. Sure take a swing at the lyrics or whatever went wrong, but don't give a bad review because you preferred "the old style" or whatever.

I do wonder where this political agenda came from though, they don't seem very interested in politics and have never been outspoken about it publicly.

i hope he gets fired from NYDN i will laugh so hard if he does

didnt like the review seems as someone from youtube wrote this review but it isnt a user from youtube that wrote it. its some professional

/meh thats just my two cent about this review. wasnt much of a review more like how he feels about the album.

ARE YOU REALLY JUSTIN BIEBER OR YOURE JUST A FAN OF HIM????

No he said the band is pretty much a band that has dumbed down mainstream rock, is a walking cliche, Chester is an emo singer, and Mike is vanilla ice. He sounds like he just dislikes Linkin Park. Fair enough, but don't let your agenda for the band cloud your judgment when reviewing the album. MTV's calling this album Linkin Park's Kid A, and New York Daily News is calling is shit. lol i really don't care about these reviews, all that matters is what I think of the album at that end of the day..

Edited by thesungoesdown

Lol at how he seems to think LP rip off RATM with WAK - WTF!? I don't listen to rage that much but I listen to enough to know that WAK is nothing like rage lol for starters there's little to no guitar in it so he clearly gave this album a proper listen before reviewing it haha!!! The only similarity is the political message but even in that the way they incorporated savio into the song is still completely different from rage.

I'm not saying for a minute the album is going to be amazing because it's LP as I've heard 3 full songs (4 counting empty spaces but it's only 18 seconds) from it which aren't bad but aren't the best thing I've ever heard and don't sound as new age and amazing as the band made out but I'm holding off praising or slamming anything before I've had it in my laptop next monday at full blast with earphones in. But I daresay it'll be a grower if it's gonna get me.

Edited by Rob_Wilson

ok lets see i figrued me & my frineds go pick up the paper at the coner store like we always do & hangout.

we were hyped when we saw a pic of LP & the album cover. this is wat happned...

(reading)

(outcome)--WTF?! he was no idea what hes talking about! emo singer? RATM? Nickleback? V Ice?

this guy has no idea wtf hes talking about! i wish i could of written this me n my frineds & send it too NYDN.

hell all we got to do is take the 6train & walk or take the bus! lmfaooo anyways thats 1 of many positive/negative too come.

I was not excited to read this review. Bu it turned out great. Finally, a bad review. All those vague/semi-positive review(the few i've read) were sort of useless to me and making me suspicious. There is nothing like a bad review to tame down your expectations and reduce the hype.

If this reviewer hated the album and for all those reasons(although using Justin Bieber as a synonym for bad music looses like 90% of credibility) then there is high chance i am going to love it. Like 99.9% chance.

I've never jived with the critics and always find myself on the polar opposite. Now i can't wait for this album. Thanks reviewer dude.

Edited by arbiter