LPUX CD = Ten Demos

hahninator

At the listening party in Hamburg for "A Thousand Suns" with Mike and Dave, LPL user BlackChester asked them what was going to be included on the LPUX CD....

The answer is ten demos.

This goes along with the LPU's press release, stating "In the next couple of months, we’ll also be announcing the track listing for the exciting new LPUX 10 song CD... which is everything fans have been waiting for."

Will it be 10 songs we've never even heard of before? Will it be 10 demos of popular LP songs? Will it be a mixture? Will it contain OLD material? Pictureboard, anybody? Let the guessing game begin! After LPU9, I thought it'd be hard to outdo that CD, but it seems like the band has come through with something even better.

EDIT: Those that attended the listening session for ATS can confirm that the demos will be from every album and one is even pre-Hybrid Theory. Unrelated, the band said they are thinking about extending the setlist live to accommodate more songs.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the listening party in Hamburg for "A Thousand Suns" with Mike and Dave, LPL user BlackChester asked them what was going to be included on the LPUX CD....

The answer is ten demos.

This goes along with the LPU's press release, stating "In the next couple of months, we'll also be announcing the track listing for the exciting new LPUX 10 song CD... which is everything fans have been waiting for."

Will it be 10 songs we've never even heard of before? Will it be 10 demos of popular LP songs? Will it be a mixture? Will it contain OLD material? Pictureboard, anybody? Let the guessing game begin! After LPU9, I thought it'd be hard to outdo that CD, but it seems like the band has come through with something even better.

fuck fuck fuck fuck FUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!! Dammit I want this now!!! Hell, 2010 is shaping up to be the best LP year ever!!!!

I truly hope they're all unreleased demos of songs that we've never heard or maybe ones we've only heard pieces of weather they be from any of their previous albums or snippets we may hear in the ATS DVD. Listening to unfinished demos of songs we've already come to love is just pointless and in my opinion hurts the originals more than it helps. Let's hope the band will truly keep with the attitude of this being the best LPU yet and blow us away with what we'll hear on this CD

Best LP year FTW!!!!!! And all this when untill some months ago when we thought that LP wouldnt even release their new album this year.

And i want demos of never heard before songs. And if PTB is an indication of what's about to come. THEN YEAH!!!!! BRING IT ON MUTHAFUCKERS!!!!! Lol sorry!! Haha!! I would totally want that full song from Making of meteroa: "Thoughts that take away my pride"!!!

I hope they are from 2008-present.

I want to hear the evolution from the old LP sound to that completely different one!

That couldn't be any further from what I want, lol. LPU9 was badass but it just didn't have enough. It left me CRAVING older LP material. It was just badass to hear the evolution of the songs like Fear, Figure.09, Faint, Drum Song, etc. It was really really cool. A-Six, dang.

I could listen to that stuff all day long. I'd like even more demos of songs we know, but what'd be even better is a CD with songs we've never even heard of. What if there's songs from like the Xero era that we've never even heard of? Sure, they had Esaul, Pictureboard and the 4 song Xero tape, but what if there's more? What if there's another Hybrid Theory-era song like She Couldn't we don't even know of? A Meteora b-side? You'd have to be flat out ignorant to think that LP has released all of their good material. Hell, look at Across The Line, lol. Surely there has to be more. If some of that stuff makes it onto this LPUX CD, I will be one VERY happy man.

There's 10 songs - I can't wait.

Another good reason (in my opinion) that I don't want there to be 2008+ material on the LPU X CD is this: just take a look at the Minutes To Midnight era. There was a b-side on iTunes, there was a single released 2 years later for a movie, there was a b-side in an iPod game, another b-side on an LPU CD years later, an instrumental for the LPU, a song for Download To Donate, etc. My point is this - songs from 2008, 2009 and 2010 will find their way out. It is very obvious that the band is wanting to use older, unused material (possibly reworking it) for future release. I think that is BADASS. So I have no doubt in my mind that ATS-era songs will find their way out slowly over the years.

I don't need those on an LPU CD. Hell, we already just got one yesterday with Pretend To Be. More will come. I want the LPUX CD to slap me hard in the face and knock me off my feet in surprise. I want shit I (someone that's followed the band's every move for many years) haven't even heard of or thought about. Hell, Hybrid Theory is 10 years old now. What time is better than now to release some shit from that era that we've never known about? Exactly.

And I think they can do it.

Yeah, as has been mentioned numerous times already, the CD is NOT included with the $60 membership fee - there are no physical "package" items included in that. You have to pay extra for those and purchase them in the LPU Store.

As for the CD, cool. I'd be even more excited for it if I could actually get it for a semi-reasonable price.

Yeah, as has been mentioned numerous times already, the CD is NOT included with the $60 membership fee - there are no physical "package" items included in that. You have to pay extra for those and purchase them in the LPU Store.

As for the CD, cool. I'd be even more excited for it if I could actually get it for a semi-reasonable price.

Just buy one month for ten dollars and then buy the cd and you would have only probably spent 20 dollars total. Just stop bitching about prices already.

Just buy one month for ten dollars and then buy the cd and you would have only probably spent 20 dollars total. Just stop bitching about prices already.

Uhh...except it clearly says on the LPU website that only the $60 memberships have access to the merch store.

http://www.linkinpark.com/lpu

MONTHLY ONLINE LPUX PASS* // $10 PER MONTH

* Opportunities for Linkin Park concert presale tickets

* Including FIRST presale access to the September 14th New York show - Linkin Park’s ONLY 2010 US show

* Access to some of the BEST SEATS in the house reserved for LPU

* Access to exclusive online chats with members of Linkin Park

* Access to free exclusive LPU online downloads

* Access to the LPU giveaway for Linkin Park prizes

ANNUAL ONLINE LPUX PASS* // $60 PER YEAR

ALL of the Monthly LPUX Pass benefits for an entire YEAR,

PLUS:

* Chances for special LPU experiences and events such as:

o Exclusive chances for access to LP special events including the

A Thousand Suns Debut Listening Event and Laser Light Exhibition

* Linkin Park Meet & Greet opportunities at concerts

* Access to exclusive LPU merchandise and bundle offers

* Free download of A Decade Underground, an exclusive LPU digital download of songs released by the LPU over the last 10 years

If the CD costs $10 in the merch store, that means you have to pay $70 total to get it. I'd like to have some of what you're smoking if you think that's acceptable.