The Catalyst Debuts at No. 35 on Billboard Hot 100

HybridThe0ry97

Well, I expected a high entry, WID debuted at 7 and ND at 6 but TC never made it to the first place at iTunes so I lowered my expectations. Prob because it's a totally different song than WID or ND.

Nice. What makes a song feature on Billboard Hot 100? Most plays?

Radio airplay + downloads.

What I've Done debuted at #7 and New Divide at #6. 35 is a pretty bad debut for the first single off a big bands record after a 3 year hiatus.

I think the Catalyst is very different from any of the songs on the top 100 including LP's past top HITS.

THis is one of the songs that i've seen the most crap talked about. But you have to understand people's point of view after they've been spoiled by good catchy Music from LP, to this NEW Song. I hope A Thousand Suns has some even more good stuff. No matter what I'm sticking with my BAND LP. They're going out on a leg and trying something new!

did new divide and what i've done even debut that high or was that their peak after the entire chart run? if the latter, then the catalyst has plenty of time to catch up... but as others have already said, who cares? :) it's an achievement alone that they manage to remain relevant and continue to chart at all after being in the business for this long.

hopefully they will be stable after all

they din't release the video and or promoted the song

is very weak, new divide has more than 150k downloads in it first week

but new divide was the sountrack, was featured in transformers 2 trailer, and they released the video few days after the music release

<_<

my bet of ats debut in billboard 200 is between 300-350k

did new divide and what i've done even debut that high or was that their peak after the entire chart run? if the latter, then the catalyst has plenty of time to catch up... but as others have already said, who cares? :) it's an achievement alone that they manage to remain relevant and continue to chart at all after being in the business for this long.

Those were their debut positions.

Also, you have to put it in perspective - #35 may be "bad" compared to What I've Done and New Divide's top 10 debuts, BUT, LP's singles rarely do very well their first week. In fact, The Catalyst is LP's third-highest charting single in terms of debuts. Somewhere I Belong debuted at #47, and that was actually the band's highest-charting debut until What I've Done came out, and then New Divide subsequently beat it by one spot when it debuted.

Not a bad debut whatsoever when you look at the band's entire history.

The Hot 100 sometimes shows how well an album will sell (the more a song catches on, the bigger the sales)... that's why it matters.

I'm hoping when the video comes out it will really catch on and then the album sales will explode.

Edited by HybridThe0ry97

The Hot 100 sometimes shows how well an album will sell (the more a song catches on, the bigger the sales)... that's why it matters.

I'm hoping when the video comes out it will really catch on and then the album sales will explode.

Not really. LP will sell big, my guess 1-2 times platinum, 5-6 million worldwide.