One Step Closer First Or Last?

Lakybird12

2007 Shows started with One Step Closer being the first song of the setlist

unlike the older shows.

So , Did You Like "One Step Closer" First Or Last?

I personaly liked it last.

you spend so much energy when you know they goin to leave the stage =/

so when it comes Shut Up..OMG!@#$#!@

Edited by lprul

WHAT.

BIO is the worst closer of the MTM cycle. Faint is much better closing.

OSC last for sure.

I personally never cared much for Faint as a closer, whereas BIO was this big extended party version, I feel like you and I have had this argument on the forums before lmao.

I personally never cared much for Faint as a closer, whereas BIO was this big extended party version, I feel like you and I have had this argument on the forums before lmao.

I kind of agree with Mark on this one, Bleed it Out works best as the last song before the encore IMO. When you take a song that's that short and extend it to roughly 8 minutes with a drum solo and at least one, sometimes TWO extended outros, the energy tends to die off before the song ends, or at least have lulls in it. Faint and OSC do much better jobs as closers because they're both high-energy and get the point across in 5 minutes or less. That's also why I always thought Breaking the Habit was a horrible choice as a closer for the Japan shows in 2006, particularly with the extended piano/vocal outro, and PMA piano right before it.

I think BIO works as a closer in certain situations, it comes across a lot better IMO when they put Rob's drum solo at the beginning and don't use the slow>fast additional outro. The time from the start of the guitar intro to the end of the song really doesn't need to be more than 4 and a half minutes.

This is a tough poll for me...I loved when it opened in the set 2007. But, I also love it as a closer. When you combine APFMH and OSC as a set closer, you can't get any better. So I guess by vote goes to last.

I kind of agree with Mark on this one, Bleed it Out works best as the last song before the encore IMO. When you take a song that's that short and extend it to roughly 8 minutes with a drum solo and at least one, sometimes TWO extended outros, the energy tends to die off before the song ends, or at least have lulls in it. Faint and OSC do much better jobs as closers because they're both high-energy and get the point across in 5 minutes or less. That's also why I always thought Breaking the Habit was a horrible choice as a closer for the Japan shows in 2006, particularly with the extended piano/vocal outro, and PMA piano right before it.

I think BIO works as a closer in certain situations, it comes across a lot better IMO when they put Rob's drum solo at the beginning and don't use the slow>fast additional outro. The time from the start of the guitar intro to the end of the song really doesn't need to be more than 4 and a half minutes.

Personally I think the slow-fast outro is what made it the good closer, but I do agree that the 09 version would probably be the best closer, drum solo at the beginning, it's long enough occasionally a sing-along thrown in there lol.

When I saw that concert they showed in movie theaters (I won tickets!!) before Minutes to Midnight was released I was shocked to see One Step Closer being played first since I had always thought it closed every show (or at least was right before the encore).

I've never seen an actual LP show (just videos for now), but I definitely prefer it in the videos to be near the end...especially with the Reanimation bridge in there.

Anyways, is there any way to get that making-of documentary at the beginning of that theater show? If I remember correctly, it was different than the one on the MTM DVD.