Catalyst Pre-Order Release Info

Narc85

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

people need to calm down. We will still probably have the mp3 download while others will only be able to hear it on the radio. We will have the hq mp3 of it before it goes on itunes

It goes on iTunes tomorrow.

You mean 24 hours and 9 minutes until release (12 PST)?

Oh man I thought it was today. Whoops totally missed the part about it saying Monday. Epic fail on my part... still pretty messed up since they said we'd get it before tomorrow.

Oh boy, MORE stupid, unnecessary bitching based on assumptions!

You people obviously didn't read the info on the preorder site. It clearly says "Delivery of the single occurs on or before 8.2." Unless you don't get the mp3 until the 3rd, it's not "false advertising" in any way, shape, or form.

Oh boy, MORE stupid, unnecessary bitching based on assumptions!

You people obviously didn't read the info on the preorder site. It clearly says "Delivery of the single occurs on or before 8.2." Unless you don't get the mp3 until the 3rd, it's not "false advertising" in any way, shape, or form.

From LP's Facebook:

"Our new song "The Catalyst" will be released on Monday, August 2nd, but you don't need to wait that long to hear it. Order any of our pre-order items at LinkinPark.com and we'll send you "The Catalyst" FREE before anyone else has a chance to hear it or buy it."

I DID read the info on the pre-order site. The only assumption I made was that the Linkin Park Facebook wouldn't post something like the stuff I bolded and underlined if it wasn't true.

How is getting The Catalyst mp3 at 3 pm on August 2nd "before anyone else has a chance to hear it or buy it"?

Read the phrase "The Catalyst will be released on Monday, August 2nd, but you don't need to wait that long to hear it," and tell me that doesn't mean sending before August 2nd. It may not be false advertising, but it was incredibly deceiving.

From LP's Facebook:

"Our new song "The Catalyst" will be released on Monday, August 2nd, but you don't need to wait that long to hear it. Order any of our pre-order items at LinkinPark.com and we'll send you "The Catalyst" FREE before anyone else has a chance to hear it or buy it."

I DID read the info on the pre-order site. The only assumption I made was that the Linkin Park Facebook wouldn't post something like the stuff I bolded and underlined if it wasn't true.

How is getting The Catalyst mp3 at 3 pm on August 2nd "before anyone else has a chance to hear it or buy it"?

Read the phrase "The Catalyst will be released on Monday, August 2nd, but you don't need to wait that long to hear it," and tell me that doesn't mean sending before August 2nd. It may not be false advertising, but it was incredibly deceiving.

+1

It's not going to be on iTunes in the US before Tuesday. That's when new music comes out, and they won't change the rules for Linkin Park. Like someone else said, it might hit radio first, but it could be edited and will definitely not be of the same quality was what people receive with the pre-order.

It sucks that "before anyone else" is questionable at this point, but they're probably just trying to wait until the last possible minute because of leaks, torrents, and all the other wonderful pirating options the internet provides us with.

It's not going to be on iTunes in the US before Tuesday. That's when new music comes out, and they won't change the rules for Linkin Park. Like someone else said, it might hit radio first, but it could be edited and will definitely not be of the same quality was what people receive with the pre-order.

It sucks that "before anyone else" is questionable at this point, but they're probably just trying to wait until the last possible minute because of leaks, torrents, and all the other wonderful pirating options the internet provides us with.

New Divide came out on a monday. They actually did change the rules for LP in that situation.

It's not going to be on iTunes in the US before Tuesday. That's when new music comes out, and they won't change the rules for Linkin Park.

Singles don't typically apply.

Maybe it won't be released 'til 7pm EDT tomorrow for the rest o' the world...I'm only guessing. Edited by auburntiger