Catalyst Pre-Order Release Info

Narc85

the only thing that makes me think this post from the LP australia facebook page is at least sort of legit, is that they had previously posted something about not knowing when the MP3s will be distributed, but that they would be trying to find out for everyone... so unless they just dangled a bit of false info because they couldn't find out (which would be incredibly stupid)... then i guess that is when we'll be getting it :(

wonder if it will hit itunes first? have to admit, my first thought was *don't new songs/albums usually release at midnight on itunes?*

All what I'm trying to say is, I can't access Linkin Park Australia from my facebook. And Facebook is worldwide. Linkin Park already has a facebook page on there, so why would this be posted there and not on their official facebook page, myspace, twitter, mikeshinoda.com, or anywhere else? I'm just saying, coming from the US, I haven't seen any images other than this:

http://www.lpassociation.com/articleimages..._AUSConfirm.JPG

To me, it just doesn't seem 100% true. The mannerisms in the text doesn't even seem like LP or Mike. Anybody have an actual screen grab?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All what I'm trying to say is, I can't access Linkin Park Australia from my facebook. And Facebook is worldwide. Linkin Park already has a facebook page on there, so why would this be posted there and not on their official facebook page, myspace, twitter, mikeshinoda.com, or anywhere else? I'm just saying, coming from the US, I haven't seen any images other than this:

http://www.lpassociation.com/articleimages..._AUSConfirm.JPG

To me, it just doesn't seem 100% true. The mannerisms in the text doesn't even seem like LP or Mike. Anybody have an actual screen grab?

I don't think the text is LP or Mike. It sounds like LP Australia got the information and typed that themselves. Now whether this is true or not is to remain unseen. However, you've convinced me enough that I'm staying up till midnight PST.

someone from the aussie wing of the record label manages that facebook page i believe. there's also a full screenshot of the page on lpassociation in the thread about the same topic.

like you, i also hope it's BS - i've had 'the catalyst' written on my wall planner at work (yes, i know, lol) for august 2 - which was very promptly scrubbed off this morning ;)

Occasionally, new music does come out in the U.S. on days other than Tuesday.

Death Magnetic came out on a Friday.

Very true. I remember buying Death Magnetic the day it came out. Ahhh..... Good times.

ON TOPIC: People, stop whining. We're getting The Catalyst tomorrow. Be glad we're not getting it a week from now.

ON TOPIC: People, stop whining. We're getting The Catalyst tomorrow. Be glad we're not getting it a week from now.

i think people are just a little disappointed (and i believe rightfully so) that this was used as a marketing tactic to encourage pre-order sales, yet may more than likely end up being false.

Very true. I remember buying Death Magnetic the day it came out. Ahhh..... Good times.

There's are times when complaining is okay.

Complaining that "LP isn't making teh nu-metalz!!"? Not okay. Complaining that your favorite band's marketing team just screwed with you by misleading you? I'd say a bit of venting is perfectly fine.

But oh well, in about an hour none of this matters.

Complaining that "LP isn't making teh nu-metalz!!"? Not okay. Complaining that your favorite band's marketing team just screwed with you by misleading you? I'd say a bit of venting is perfectly fine.

+1

oO. what's in an hour?

I was hoping The Catalyst would be up in iTunes at midnight EST like most new releases, but apparently not.

I'm about to congratulate you on your 1000th post. Don't respond to this though. I don't want your 1000th post to be you responding to me on me congratulating you on your almost 1000th post.

I found a 3:45 version of the song dont know if its real though.

would that just be the audio from the MOH trailer you're hearing? if you take out the bit at the beginning, it leaves you with about 3:45 of audio.

There's are times when complaining is okay.

but what if the catalyst isn't "commercially" available until after tomorrow? regardless of radio play, we'd still get the digital copy of it first. it may come out tomorrow, but may not be available for purchase until after the preorder people get it.

which, for all intensive purposes, would be getting it "before everyone else" ... even if everyone's heard it

Edited by McArt

Not sure if anyone cares to know right now, what with The Catalyst release hype, but I stumbled on the CLEAN version of ATS on the Canadian iTunes store. The following songs had "clean" labels beside them:

When They Come for Me

Blackout

I think we can now assume that these are the only 2 tracks that contain swears on them.

If this news is old, then I'm just slow on the ball lol.

Not sure if anyone cares to know right now, what with The Catalyst release hype, but I stumbled on the CLEAN version of ATS on the Canadian iTunes store. The following songs had "clean" labels beside them:

When They Come for Me

Blackout

I think we can now assume that these are the only 2 tracks that contain swears on them.

If this news is old, then I'm just slow on the ball lol.

Nice find.