Update from Mike

ChuckCheese

I'm just grateful that they're nearly done, so in response to what Astat said a press release this week seems very possible. I can't see it being any later than the week after. I also like the fact that we haven't heard too many details about what the album's going to sound like. I remember hearing about MTM so much and how it was less rap and more rock and I was really caught off guard with the actual album. After they play What I've Done, No More Sorrow, Given Up, and then Bleed It Out before the album comes out I was expecting the entire album to sound like that. Wasn't expecting songs like Leave Out All The Rest and Shadow of the Day, not that I was disappointed or anything. I'm just thankful that I can go into the first listen of this album with no influences from early album talk.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just grateful that they're nearly done, so in response to what Astat said a press release this week seems very possible. I can't see it being any later than the week after. I also like the fact that we haven't heard too many details about what the album's going to sound like. I remember hearing about MTM so much and how it was less rap and more rock and I was really caught off guard with the actual album. After they play What I've Done, No More Sorrow, Given Up, and then Bleed It Out before the album comes out I was expecting the entire album to sound like that. Wasn't expecting songs like Leave Out All The Rest and Shadow of the Day, not that I was disappointed or anything. I'm just thankful that I can go into the first listen of this album with no influences from early album talk.

shadow of day rocks

i love how this guy always has to be right about everything. no matter what, he knows it all. about everything that every band does. he must really be an accomplished, rich musician. hahaha. just cracks me up

Astat knows too much. SOOO much, that most LPLers don't believe that he is a real human being. Most believe that Astat is a form of life assumed to exist outside the Earths atmosphere, that cleverly cloaks himself in a very expensive, high grade costume to resemble a young man, so he can post up some videos on YouTube, completely beasting any songs with his guitar. Astat is fucking awesome, and intelligent, but getting on his bad side is a bad idea. The guy is so damn smart, if he was to face all of LPL and its 3,000+ members in a verbal argument, he would win. He is like.... the Achilles of LPL. Pure fucking badass.

And this is no sarcasm. I love me some Astat (or Tatsa, for all the hardcore mofo's like me). LPL wouldn't be the same without this home boy.

Wasn't expecting songs like Leave Out All The Rest and Shadow of the Day, not that I was disappointed or anything. I'm just thankful that I can go into the first listen of this album with no influences from early album talk.

Funny thing about SOTD...I remember everyone because so convinced that the synth parts were going to be played on an electric banjo. I gotta wonder how it would've sounded.

:D

Edited by LPPhan2005

Why is everyone constanty complaining and arguing in the LP community? This is GOOD news! So everyone cheer up! Album details and LPTV will be out soon, and then comes the first single, album and then a world tour!

Why is everyone constanty complaining and arguing in the LP community? This is GOOD news! So everyone cheer up! Album details and LPTV will be out soon, and then comes the first single, album and then a world tour!

Who complained? All I see is a bunch of hoorays.

Astat knows too much. SOOO much, that most LPLers don't believe that he is a real human being. Most believe that Astat is a form of life assumed to exist outside the Earths atmosphere, that cleverly cloaks himself in a very expensive, high grade costume to resemble a young man, so he can post up some videos on YouTube, completely beasting any songs with his guitar. Astat is fucking awesome, and intelligent, but getting on his bad side is a bad idea. The guy is so damn smart, if he was to face all of LPL and its 3,000+ members in a verbal argument, he would win. He is like.... the Achilles of LPL. Pure fucking badass.

And this is no sarcasm. I love me some Astat (or Tatsa, for all the hardcore mofo's like me). LPL wouldn't be the same without this home boy.

c'mon!! Marry him 'cuz u sucked his balls so hard!!!

i love how this guy always has to be right about everything. no matter what, he knows it all. about everything that every band does. he must really be an accomplished, rich musician. hahaha. just cracks me up

I think about the only person who probably knows more than Astat about Linkin Park is Mark. He's well known in the fan community for a reason, and he's proven he deserves that recognition.

I think about the only person who probably knows more than Astat about Linkin Park is Mark. He's well known in the fan community for a reason, and he's proven he deserves that recognition.

yeah Mark is the biggest LP freak i've ever met :P

it's really hard to top that.

so let's see when we get more information about the record and maybe a name for the record ;)

i love the way this thread devolved from something meaningful to a comment, "c'mon marry him [...] suck his balls". only on LPL eh? :D

such good news, in time for the Europe tour this winter - not sure the album will get out much before the tour

uhh what? Nobody was complaining....

It doesn't take a genius industry insider to know that the lyrics in most album booklets are either transcribed by an outside source or copied from lyric sheets provided by the band that don't always reflect the final version of the lyrics.

There's a big difference between being a know-it-all and knowing how to do research and observe trends. And there's also a big difference between both of those and being a snarky douche and a half. 1 of the 3 describes me, 1 of the 3 describes you, and 1 of the 3 describes neither of us. Care to take a guess? :)

• 1 month later...

^^what he said