Mike's Answer

lpu9

From mikeshinoda.com

Q: "so is the new song off of 8-bit rebellion going to be a unreleased song made for the game or a song off the new album?" – Zane

M: Unreleased (new) song, exclusive to the game. It won't be on the new album.

Q: "How much will the 8 bit rebillion game cost?" – Black Days End

M: I think there will be a free trial version, and a full version at $5.99.

Q: "Hey Mike, what are you're favorite chords to use when writing a song?" – AD Martens

M: Whichever ones sound good.

Q: "What's going on with Fort Minor / rapping" – lots of people

M: I'm happy to report that I'm rapping more on songs right now. I might also be singing a bit. Chester is obviously still singing a lot as well. But when I feel like doing something "Fort Minor"ish, I usually just do it on a Linkin Park song these days.

Q: "Do you and the band like the way your music has evolved over the years? I know I can speak for all the true true LP fans that we are very grateful for evolving, and not being like other bands that every song, on every album sound alike." – Chris McCoy

M: Yes, I like the way it has evolved, and I look forward to seeing where it goes from here.

Q: "Do you like dancing?" – AnnRunSmih

M: Gangstaz don't dance, we boogie.

Q: "What do you think makes a good song/album?" – Jenn

M: I was just talking to someone about this. Right now (today), I want an album that challenges me and moves me. I want something that says or does something unique that I wasn't expecting. That could be in the sounds of it, the lyrical tone or delivery of it, or something else. I just got the new Massive Attack and Hot Chip albums and I've been listening to Micachu a lot. Also listening to The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, and Run DMC on repeat…

Q: "Batman or Superman?" Some random Guy.

M: Batman, no question.

Q:" Please confirm that the @m_shinoda is you, just say yes or no, please!" Tomo, Jéssica

M: Yes, please.

Q: "i´m from germany and i cant wait to buy the next LP album my question is why do you and chester don´t sing on the new we are the world song for haiti. i mean even justin biber and miley cyrus sings in that song, so i was wondering why they didnt let you guys sing" – sabrina spitzmueller

M: They asked us if we wanted to be on it, and we said "no, thank you."

Q: "Which is your favourite Tetris-block? " – Devian

M: The s-shaped one is the best. If you say "z-shaped," you're a jackass. S-shaped rules.

Q: "Are you going to answer 'no' to this question?" – Jacob M.

M: Maybe.

Edited by Freestyle99

that's what Mike used to say. but now he confirmed that we're gonna hear more of his rapping

and again like i said just because he says it doesnt mean it will end up on the final product. The songs he could rap on could get voted on when they narrow songs down. :rolleyes:

He's just posted the second batch of questions that he answered...once again nothing too interesting. However, for all the fans in countries that LP has never visited and constantly moan about not having an LP show - he has actually tried to give reasonable advice, which is more helpful than most people would be haha!

Q: “When will you come to my country?” – Everyone

M: There are fans from all over the world who always ask this question. There were some of you from South America, the Middle East, and Africa that posted here, asking this same question once again…I don’t know the answer. But if you’re serious about making it happen, here’s something that might help: show your biggest concert promoters that there will be a massive Linkin Park fanbase attending the (potential) show. One idea: start a petition. Make it known to the people who promote the biggest concerts in your area; but keep in mind that there would probably have to be about 15,000-30,000 LOCAL NAMES on that petition in order for it to work. Then the concert promoters will say, “great, we’ll have a successful show here,” and they would work on making it happen…But if you’re just asking because you didn’t have a better question, that’s fine, too :D

No single answer to the album....good or bad sign? ^^

Pretty broing Q&A session to be honest. But at least he did one....Phoenix should start it again, too.

That's because people asked pretty boring questions that have been asked a million times over and are just stupid like "do you read?" No SHIT!

It would have been nice if members on this board had taken advantage of that opportunity and compiled good questions for Mike.

I probably would lose all respect for LP if they chose to be in that song...Justin Beiber and Miley Cyrus...and LP...for the love of God.

It shouldn't really matter who was in the song...what matters is what it was for.

I'm pretty curious myself as to why LP decided not to be a part of it.

Edited by ProjektCharlotte

It shouldn't really matter who was in the song...what matters is what it was for.

But really im sure LP did a better job of doing DtD then that lame track lol

I appreciate everything that the track stands for I just don't think LP would fit anywhere on that track. Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus don't make music in my mind, while LP are fucking musical geniuses of this generation.

I think it matters who's in it. I mean for all you people talking about Miley Cyrus, that's clearly not her voice. Yes, I'm fully aware she's "singing" in the video and is credited, but it's COMPLETELY different lol, in no way am I surprised, but if anyone actually thinks these artists are singing, then think again ;)

Most of the musicians in that song aren't even musicians, they just pretend to be for their record labels to make loads of money.

LP has already done a whole hell of a lot for the Haiti cause. They have their own thing going. They don't need to be taking part in that horrible cover.

I would have donated to the cause no questions asked. They didn't have to ruin a great song just to ask? The way i saw it; most of the people on there didn't give a crap but chose to do it for cheap publicity. I'm surprised Chris Brown wasn't on there. I mean; doesn't he care about Haiti too as much as T-Pain or the Jonas brothers? Sure he has a terrible public image right now but what matters is what the cause was for right? <_<

I'm glad LP steered away from that disaster; not that i would loose respect for them if they didn't. As for why LP didn't participate? It's quite simply and logical. What would they accomplish from doing so? They already put in motion the same but better executed idea with Download to Haiti. Joining in and uttering a single line of that song isn't going to accomplish anything that DtD isn't already doing. They could even help out more by making a commercial that they say "please donate to Haiti" without joining in that song.

I don't know if that remake is trying to tell me that "Wow! Our generation has got one of the weakest line-up of singers in pop" because that remake was the worst remake to ever grace my ears. Except for Celine Dion, Josh Groban, and Pink, no one could carry a proper note or deserve to call themselves a musician. They might as well have had Soulja Boy doing his dance in the background if they were going to let T-pain use auto-tune. I mean, what a downgrade and an insult to people who actually sing. M.J would be rolling in his grave.

Edited by arbiter