Mike's Answer

lpu9

Who's the wise guy who claims I am not a 'true true LP fan' for not liking Minutes to Midnight?

;)

Edit:

Here's my input on why they didn't join the "We are the World" campaign. One, you guys might be right that they didn't want to be involved with Miley Cyrus or Justin Bieber...but I think it's more to do with the fact that they use the exact same "Download to Donate" liner to help get their recognition.

After all, Mike said himself "Music For Relief is not affiliated with the We Are The World 25 campaign. I hope they change their tag line to avoid confusion."

It's plausible that they pissed them off ahead of time, and I can see why.

Edited by rav0k

I don't know if that remake is trying to tell me that "Wow! Our generation has got one of the weakest line-up of singers in pop" because that remake was the worst remake to ever grace my ears. Except for Celine Dion, Josh Groban, and Pink, no one could carry a proper note or deserve to call themselves a musician. They might as well have had Soulja Boy doing his dance in the background if they were going to let T-pain use auto-tune. I mean, what a downgrade and an insult to people who actually sing. M.J would be rolling in his grave.

My younger sister likes a lot of those "artists". The song came on and after a minute of it she yelled for someone to turn off "that crap". I'm happy LP was asked and I'm happy they said no.

As for Mike's questions, yeah a lot of them were nonsense answers and didn't really give us much or any information, but it was still cool of him to do.

I'm curious. I asked him if LP was still releasing the new album in a different way then normal like Phoenix had said a LONG time ago. Does anyone here know about it?

Who's the wise guy who claims I am not a 'true true LP fan' for not liking Minutes to Midnight?

;)

Edit:

Here's my input on why they didn't join the "We are the World" campaign. One, you guys might be right that they didn't want to be involved with Miley Cyrus or Justin Bieber...but I think it's more to do with the fact that they use the exact same "Download to Donate" liner to help get their recognition.

After all, Mike said himself "Music For Relief is not affiliated with the We Are The World 25 campaign. I hope they change their tag line to avoid confusion."

It's plausible that they pissed them off ahead of time, and I can see why.

Well seeing as how 25's "Download to Donate" slogan appeared after the song was finished, I doubt it.

Well seeing as how 25's "Download to Donate" slogan appeared after the song was finished, I doubt it.

That's why I said they could have been pissed off about it ahead of time, while hoping they would have changed it when the song was released.

I'm sure someone could have easily told them news such as:

"Hey, I heard there is a fundraising with Miley Cyrus and other acts on it, using "Download to Donate" as their slogan."

Edit: Just trying to find something more credible instead of just assuming they disliked the people involved. People might look at that as "Wow, kinda selfish if they truly care about helping others".

Edited by rav0k