New Album: Mix between MTM & HT!

vyonizr

As far as I know, Epicenter was the only concert in which they had a serious negative reception. They got booed off stage at that show and it wasn't pretty.

DBS WAS NOT booed off the stage at Epicenter. "Booed off the stage" implies that the band cut their set short and left because people were booing them so much. That did not happen, therefore they were not booed off the stage.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with those tweets he won't get anyone buying a second cd. how dumb'd that be??

VERY dumb, which is why I made my initial post to begin with...people having sympathy and buying CD's for the hell of it. I guess it's wrong of me to associate actions from people with what Chester said, but it's going together like a puzzle. Just wanted to point it out. If no one else feels that way then I guess I truly am looking into it too much.

DBS WAS NOT booed off the stage at Epicenter. "Booed off the stage" implies that the band cut their set short and left because people were booing them so much. That did not happen, therefore they were not booed off the stage.

It was pretty close to happening. Mike got hit with shit from the stage because people were throwing stuff for a good minute or so after DBS was done.

Also for those thinking Chester is doing this to sell more: 1 sold cd= 1 cent in his pocket. Why would he care if his twitter fanbase( which won't happen) all went out and bought another dbs cd? He knows it did not sell well and that's just the way it is. He just wanted opinion on why it did not sell well.

It was pretty close to happening. Mike got hit with shit from the stage because people were throwing stuff for a good minute or so after DBS was done.

Also for those thinking Chester is doing this to sell more: 1 sold cd= 1 cent in his pocket. Why would he care if his twitter fanbase( which won't happen) all went out and bought another dbs cd? He knows it did not sell well and that's just the way it is. He just wanted opinion on why it did not sell well.

Then don't you think he should have asked those questions to the people he hired to promote this stuff? They did a terrible job if you ask me. I would have never heard of DBS if I wasn't part of LP fan forums.

Considering Chester's stated several times that he doesn't intend DBS to be a one-time-only thing, if they're going to make more music somewhere down the line, why wouldn't he want to know what they could do better the next time around? Obviously he believes in the music he made with this album, and a lot of people seem to like it, so that doesn't really explain why DBS wasn't very successful commercially. There are other areas that need to be improved on if DBS is ever going to amount to anything significant, and fan feedback is a good way to find out what needs to be addressed.

You can bet that if DBS makes another album, Chester's going to revamp their management team significantly and focus on doing better promotion. The number of people who have mentioned DBS's lack of promotion isn't going to be ignored.

I'm beggining to think that the lack of promotion was a plan made by WB

why? If DBS gets a little bit popular like FM did they will have to tour a lot more, so that means = Linkin Park loses Chester for a while, so they have a lot more interest for releasing a new LP album

If WB wants they can throw a bomb of promotion for DBS.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Reason being: they hyped the crap out of TLTGYA; I heard it and was like, "oh...not bad, but I don't see the hype..."

LP did not over-hype TLGYA. That song was truly EPIC! Just because it wasn't heavy guitar banging and screaming like people were expecting doesn't make it any less epic. Maybe people need to re-define their definition of epic. heavy guitar chords and riffs with screaming doesn't equal a good song.

VERY dumb, which is why I made my initial post to begin with...people having sympathy and buying CD's for the hell of it. I guess it's wrong of me to associate actions from people with what Chester said, but it's going together like a puzzle. Just wanted to point it out. If no one else feels that way then I guess I truly am looking into it too much.

I think you jumped to a huge conclusion based off of a single statement. And i am kind of offended that you think just because i feel sorry for him that it means i would go out there and buy an album as a result of being manipulated. In fact, my thoughts were nowhere near that idea at all. All i read was a man who was having a moment of self-doubt. It happens even to the best of us. Chester isn't immune. He is human. All i felt obligated to do was give him my honest opinion on the album.

And if there are people who go out there and buy an album, are they not allowed to do so? People who are easily told how to feel or what to do deserve what is coming to them.

I'm beggining to think that the lack of promotion was a plan made by WB

Lack of promotion, a plan? No.

When I was at Warner it was clear how much effort they were putting in to push DBS forward - everyone was excited about it, and the whole reason me and others were there to start with was part of another promotional push for the album.

Edited by GigaScythe

When I was at Warner it was clear how much effort they were putting in to push DBS forward - everyone was excited about it, and the whole reason me and others were there to start with was part of another promotional push for the album.

I will never understand why DBS is the only band in the planet that doesnt hav a website

why their videos are never on tv

why they dont have adds in tv (even HT album had)

by the way I love your music.

If you don't mind me asking, if everyone was so excited about promoting it, what the hell happened?

And i am kind of offended that you think just because i feel sorry for him that it means i would go out there and buy an album as a result of being manipulated.

And if there are people who go out there and buy an album, are they not allowed to do so?

I apologize if I offended you but please understand that my statement was directed at those who specifically said they felt sorry for him and would buy an album.

Edit: Yes, everyone has their right to do whatever they want to do. I just wanted to point out the fact that I felt they were being manipulated, and I felt offended by it as well. If that's not the case, then big deal. What I feel alone is not going to hurt Chester's career. If no one else feels the way that I do about this situation, then it's seriously no big deal. It was a big red flag in my eyes, if it's not to anyone else then so be it.

Edited by rav0k

If you don't mind me asking, if everyone was so excited about promoting it, what the hell happened?

There just wasn't enough interest from the target audience? Who's to say. I'm just stating the impression I got.

I will never understand why DBS is the only band in the planet that doesnt hav a website

why their videos are never on tv

why they dont have adds in tv (even HT album had)

by the way I love your music.

Eh, I can't really answer that. It'd make sense to have an official site - I don't know why they don't. Perhaps the sites they're using to spread dates and information are enough at the moment, in their opinion.

And thanks :)

Edited by GigaScythe

Yea, you're right about that. I should have been more careful about my choice of words. They were able to get the three songs done (Fire, Crawl Back In, My Suffering) which they were able to get done at every other show before that. I guess I was meaning to say that there were some boo's after every song and maybe a couple things thrown. I actually wasn't even at Epicenter but you can clearly hear from the videos on youtube a mixed reaction of cheers and boos after every song.

Answer: the record sucks.

Damn, hit the nail on the coffin. Chester needs to get over it and focus on LP. This thing was horribly promoted, no website, no real tour configuration (especially in US), etc. It was a big fuck up and he needs to be focused on LP.

The theory that Chester is doing this for more sales is bullshit. I guess that these comments will sell around 50 CD's, if not less, and to think such comments will help the overall sales is stupid and Chester knows that. I hate these conspiracy theories on the big bands, this is NOWHERE near a marketing trick.

He is just reflecting on the bad sales, I believe he really loved this record, and it got a lot of negative reviews, bad sales, and people booed them off at concerts. That's a really big slap in the face, because he thought people would like it, I feel fucking sorry for him. And the band isn't really gaining any fans as far as I know, just LP fans saying: "It's allright, but I like LP better". And that's not what he expected.

I do think it's a good record, and I love singing along to it, he has awesome melodies.

Agreed.

This was definitely not a marketing ploy. Give me a break, what did like maybe a hundred people worldwide go buy the album because Chester is feeling bad about the sales? I honestly think it has to do with too high of expectations. Side projects do not sell nearly as well. The fact that Chester has never had an album before DBS to sell less than a million, he probably just is confused to what happened. I personally think it was a pretty good album. I did my part and purchased the cd in stores awhile back.

Agreed²

Considering Chester's stated several times that he doesn't intend DBS to be a one-time-only thing, if they're going to make more music somewhere down the line, why wouldn't he want to know what they could do better the next time around? Obviously he believes in the music he made with this album, and a lot of people seem to like it, so that doesn't really explain why DBS wasn't very successful commercially. There are other areas that need to be improved on if DBS is ever going to amount to anything significant, and fan feedback is a good way to find out what needs to be addressed.

You can bet that if DBS makes another album, Chester's going to revamp their management team significantly and focus on doing better promotion. The number of people who have mentioned DBS's lack of promotion isn't going to be ignored.

I think so, too, and who knows... they might do that. Fan feedback is definitely helpful!

Yes, but you gotta consider that we live in Europe. I have the feeling the promotion over here was better than in the States, and that is also why the guys are more successful over here and do more shows here.

Yes, but you gotta consider that we live in Europe. I have the feeling the promotion over here was better than in the States, and that is also why the guys are more successful over here and do more shows here.

you meant to say that you live in Germany and that's why you have the feeling the promotion was good:), because that was basically the only country where promotion existed(UK maybe too)

you meant to say that you live in Germany and that's why you have the feeling the promotion was good:), because that was basically the only country where promotion existed(UK maybe too)

Indeed. A half of dozen news articles on the websites of rock stations and a contest where you can win tickets for the DbS concert. That's DbS in the Netherlands.

But if you compare DbS with FM, what were the sales numbers in the first couple of months? Because the succes of FM started relatively late. Where'd You Go was released in April, the album in November (five months earlier).

in his description of the new lp album there's a contradiction! in hybrid theory there were plenty of metal elements and in mtm there were less but there were some influences of metal in songs like given up, bleed it out, no more sorrow and no roads left!

so how in the world could a mixture of both albums be heavy without metal??

I'm a little bit surprized with DBS situation, i thought (maybe warners as well lol) that CHESTER BENNINGTON FROM LINKIN PARK didn't need special promo and almost every lp fan would automatically like DBS record and their sales would be nearly equal to LP, and people would go to the shows just to hear Chester The Great. In my humble opinion many fans don't respect Chester's right to express himself as if he's an eternal LP slave and Mike's buddy on back vocals....just personal impression of the last half a year.

I don't like a couple of songs from OOA but the overall album rocks!

DBS was not promoted at all in Belgium, They played maybe 2-3 times Crawl back in on TV and that's it.

If it wasnt for lplive i wouldnt even know they were playing in brussels, lol. its the only fansite i check atm. The show wasnt promoted anywhere. Fine chester recorded a

he is looking forward to play blahblah, but i found it by chance on youtube... by checking some bands who played in the same venue.... That's why alot of people don't know about dead by sunrise.. i think PROMOTION is problem here not the record.

I know chester expressed he wants to do more DBS in the future, i think he might reconsider it OR learn from the mistakes and get better promotion and like people on twitter requested little bit heavier.

I think the CD sold here well despite the lack of promotion.. same thing for the show.

Edited by Tomer