Response to Comment: LP album in 2010

DXIC

I'm not a fan of the "LP camp" either, but we have gotten a lot more in the past year than year's previous.

Guess I'll just take it one step at a time. Looking forward to the 8-Bit song.

EDIT: Not a fan isn't the right phrase. I am a fan of DBS and especially Styles Of Beyond. I just don't consider it a Linkin Park-related release. Because it really isn't.

agree! I don't like all of it the same way as I do with lp

Edited by LP_and_PIE

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we only have 3 songs sofar, across the line, new divide and not alone

dbs don't count for me, because i really don't liked the album and the band

And whose Problem is it? Exactely! Yours!

Seriously, why do some people bother Mike & co with their whining... if everyone would just listen to/read and try to understand what the Band says/writes, they wouldn't have to complain.

I shouldn't care about those people but I don't see why Mike always has to justify what LP is or FM or DBS are doing... let them work for god's sake - they don't tell you how to (re)act as a "fan" as well.

And if you don't like what they do or how the do what they do, go listen to Lady Gaga... jeez...

And whose Problem is it? Exactely! Yours!

Seriously, why do some people bother Mike & co with their whining... if everyone would just listen to/read and try to understand what the Band says/writes, they wouldn't have to complain.

I shouldn't care about those people but I don't see why Mike always has to justify what LP is or FM or DBS are doing... let them work for god's sake - they don't tell you how to (re)act as a "fan" as well.

And if you don't like what they do or how the do what they do, go listen to Lady Gaga... jeez...

have to agree with you!!! OWNED the other guys^^ i don't care so much how it takes for the new record as long as we get some new music of specials in the meantime, the guys of LP are working really hard to release the best they can! i remember metallica recorded St. Anger during one week or even less and the most fans didn't like the album and now their latest record took also some time and all the fans are loving it! so don't complain to much for waiting for good music!!

oh snap. you all just got lawyered by Shinoda!!

How I Met Your Mother anyone?

I really doubt that. He annswered to Linkin Park fans, and still he mentioned music that's

hardly LP related. All those remixes by Mike Shinoda and other artists dont count as Linkin Park music,and surely not tracks that Mike produced (and we cant even hear his voice in). Dead By Sunrise is NOT new Linkin Park music, so how can he mention like it is? I believe that new Linkin Park music is music that is made by all of them, not just one member and that is under another project (DBS,SOB,Cypress Hill,Lupe,Kenna).

So if we want to really talk about new Linkin Park music after M2M we have LPU 8 (LOL)

New Divide , Lockjaw, LPU9 and Not Alone. Nothing else.

I really doubt that. He annswered to Linkin Park fans, and still he mentioned music that's

hardly LP related. All those remixes by Mike Shinoda and other artists dont count as Linkin Park music,and surely not tracks that Mike produced (and we cant even hear his voice in). Dead By Sunrise is NOT new Linkin Park music, so how can he mention like it is? I believe that new Linkin Park music is music that is made by all of them, not just one member and that is under another project (DBS,SOB,Cypress Hill,Lupe,Kenna).

So if we want to really talk about new Linkin Park music after M2M we have LPU 8 (LOL)

New Divide , Lockjaw, LPU9 and Not Alone. Nothing else.

I didn't know that everyone was working on Not Alone... And I probably also missed that chester was singing on Lockjaw...

Linkin Park music is what all of them think that Linkin Park is. I think what mike said is not that DBS and all the M.S. productions and mixes are LP (Band) music but

1) it's music released by LP (LP is a band sonsisting of 6 Members, so whether it's released by all of them together or only one of them, it's kind of LP)

2) all those released songs are kind of delaying the release of other new LP (Band) music... I'm sure if there wasn't the Earthquake in Haiti, LP would have released other songs... probably not so fast, but still...

For anyone who is actually seriously upset about how long it might take for the new album, I only have one thing to say. Cause I lost my mind. And I can't regain control. And when I see your face I know the highest walls we climbed! And when I used to close my eyes, you would be there all along!

Edit: What I'm trying to say is...go listen to some razor red noise!

Edited by LinkinParkHotspur

I didn't know that everyone was working on Not Alone... And I probably also missed that chester was singing on Lockjaw...

Linkin Park music is what all of them think that Linkin Park is. I think what mike said is not that DBS and all the M.S. productions and mixes are LP (Band) music but

1) it's music released by LP (LP is a band sonsisting of 6 Members, so whether it's released by all of them together or only one of them, it's kind of LP)

2) all those released songs are kind of delaying the release of other new LP (Band) music... I'm sure if there wasn't the Earthquake in Haiti, LP would have released other songs... probably not so fast, but still...

Well if you listen to it, all band members are in it,so yeah..all of them did sth. And Lockjaw is basically Mike and Rob but it's a LINKIN PARK track..

1)it's NOT music released by LP. it's music with the contribution of one member of Linkin Park,

Mike mostly, but it's other artist's work. There is no Linkin Park in the songwritting..it's LP related but not Linkin Park. I dont know what they consider as Linkin Park music, but since they're a band of six members, what they release as a whole is their music. Even if only 2 members write a song,

they all participate if they release it, even with only giving their opinion about it, because belonging to the band means that whoever had the original idea,when a song gets out of the studio,it's the band's work... (team spirit)

2)Well of course having an extra project pushes you back,I didnt complain about that.After all it gave us a new LP song which we wouldnt have managed to listen to otherwise.

also,Mike said: "Secondly, I said we’d “release music more often".

By sayin "we" I understand Linkin Park.So the LPUS, New Divide,Not Alone and We Made it is new music. The other projects he mentioned, dont count as releasing music more often,cause it's not LP. Now if he mentioned it to excuse himself for the delay of the album,I dont think there's any need to do that..

Edited by VavourasLP

Well if you listen to it, all band members are in it,so yeah..all of them did sth.

Are you sure? Because to me it sounds like beat and melodie are made with the computer - no drums, real guitar etc.

1)it's NOT music released by LP. it's music with the contribution of one member of Linkin Park,

Mike mostly, but it's other artist's work. There is no Linkin Park in the songwritting..it's LP related but not Linkin Park. I dont know what they consider as Linkin Park music, but since they're a band of six members, what they release as a whole is their music. Even if only 2 members write a song,

they all participate if they release it, even with only giving their opinion about it, because belonging to the band means that whoever had the original idea,when a song gets out of the studio,it's the band's work... (team spirit)

That's what I think too. But I would say the What about We made it" and "it's going down"? Are they LP songs in your opinion? It says featuring LP but Chester isn't on one of them, and rob's certainly not playing the drums on the other one.

2)Well of course having an extra project pushes you back,I didnt complain about that.After all it gave us a new LP song which we wouldnt have managed to listen to otherwise.

I didn't say you were complaining about that, it's just another conclusion. I guess we'll never know whether or not LP would have released a song if there was no Earthquake... But, I mean, after the hurricane Katrina, LP didn't release a song for example...

also,Mike said: "Secondly, I said we'd "release music more often".

By sayin "we" I understand Linkin Park.So the LPUS, New Divide,Not Alone and We Made it is new music. The other projects he mentioned, dont count as releasing music more often,cause it's not LP. Now if he mentioned it to excuse himself for the delay of the album,I dont think there's any need to do that..

I hear you, and I understand, but I think different about that. I think because LP do not a specific music genre, they could do anything... i mean DBS is a bit more of Chester and FM is more of Mike but those two minds are part of LP - an important part... uhm... I'd say, whoever releases a song, the other members would support him and like that song.

It's not a fact, it's just an opinion - but I think discussions about LP are always a point-of-view-thing.

Mike replied to my comment on his blog post!!:D he's replying to many comments. I was kind a smartass though, saying this to Mike, but hey that's how I felt:

"

• ruben91lp on February 4, 2010 at 5:34 pm

the longer it takes, the more we expect from it. i’m affraid we’re getting overhyped and the album will turn out great, but not as genre busting/new as we’re all hoping. i truly hope im wrong, but that’s for you guys to prove. don’t get me wrong, i’ll always enjoy your music. i just want to enjoy it proudly. you’re taking a long time, so it should be fine…

• M Shinoda on February 4, 2010 at 9:45 pm

A good point, but the “over-hyped” part is not in our hands. Your expectations are your alone. I cannot control them. "

I love LP as much as everyone else, but their recording process is a bit much. I appreciate them wanting to put out the best record possible, and I understand that it takes time. However, 4 years between records is ridiculous. All the remixes and MS produced tracks do not count as "new" music. Hopefully the record is done by June, but I am not holding my breath.

Well, 4 years for an album = 4 years for (+-) 12 songs

So, theoretically, it takes them 4 months to make a new song....It's just pitiful. I know they're writing a lot of stuff wich don't end up on any of their records, but we will never heard those songs, so finally, it doesn't really count for us.

Honestly, despite the fact I am a Linkin Park fan, I have to admit that taking so much time for releasing new material is not a proof of talent. I'm not saying Linkin Park is a untalented band, but authentic artists can easily put out new music in a short amount of time, without the need of always rewriting a song to make it good. They also don't need to use (with excess?) programs like Protools to build their songs...The Beatles didn't have our technology, and they released 10 albums in 6 or 7 years...

i remember metallica recorded St. Anger during one week or even less

that's pure garbage actually.

lp are slow workers. we have to accept that. i don't like the fact either, but what can i do?

whatever mike actually said about the gap between new releases, it was clearly pointed at a new album as he was refering to their past releases. oh well!

there are different kinds of bands. you got the "thrice" (released 3 full albums in 2 years plus a live dvd with 25 songs on it), you got the "30 seconds to mars" (4 years for their last album) and as an extreme "guns 'n roses"...

not to mention that the recording time has no influence on the quality of the final product... i really hope everyone got that by now!

Are you sure? Because to me it sounds like beat and melodie are made with the computer - no drums, real guitar etc.

I dont think we can ever prove that :) But still, do you know who worked on that demo? since it has a bass line, a drum line, guitars, turntables, I can assume that they all gave sth. And it's a demo from M2M. They used to rehearse the demos they wrote at that time :)

That's what I think too. But I would say the What about We made it" and "it's going down"? Are they LP songs in your opinion? It says featuring LP but Chester isn't on one of them, and rob's certainly not playing the drums on the other one.

How do you know it's not Rob?At least, Rob plays it live at PR08..and It's Going Down is a hip hop song..Chester isnt't properly on High Voltage, Dedicated..but it's 5/6 of LP and I believe Chester knew about it,and was ok with it. Even if he only gave his personal opinion, they can release it as LP.

I hear you, and I understand, but I think different about that. I think because LP do not a specific music genre, they could do anything... i mean DBS is a bit more of Chester and FM is more of Mike but those two minds are part of LP - an important part... uhm... I'd say, whoever releases a song, the other members would support him and like that song.

It's not a fact, it's just an opinion - but I think discussions about LP are always a point-of-view-thing.

yes but remember, Linkin Park music is really special because of the combination of each other's nature.. Of course i'm interested to hear only Chester's or only Mike's music, but I dont want them to put that a lot on Linkin Park. DBS is another thing, FM is another thing, Linkin Park is another. I dont want them messed up :)

And yes, you're absolutely right. Everything related to music is a point of view thing.

they are too slow, and dbs/fm delay more the studio albums

DBS and FM are awesome though. I'm not too upset about the album being pushed back until 2010. The only thing I'm upset about is that there most likely will not be an LP tour this Summer because of it. I still love MTM and I haven't gotten sick of listening to it yet, same goes for Out Of Ashes, New Divide and 9.0.

• M Shinoda on February 4, 2010 at 9:45 pm

A good point, but the "over-hyped" part is not in our hands. Your expectations are your alone. I cannot control them. "

As always, mike nailed it. That's the fegging point. They can't control what you guys expect and think. Blame yourself, don't blame LP.

Well, 4 years for an album = 4 years for (+-) 12 songs

I lol'd! This is totally wrong, even for a theoretical calculating. They maybe release 12 songs, but they certainly make much more. For M2M they had over 100 demos for example. What do you know how many songs they write, change and finish...

@lady gaga:

Because composing songs that sound exactly how six different people want it to sound is so easy? You know, there's a difference between making music by yourself and letting other make them for you and you only have to sing it. And especially when you want to make songs that sound different from what you have done before, it's more difficult.

But I see.... It's always easier to make a judgement based on what you think than on what you actually know / facts...

Edited by Jacrid

First....

QUOTE (Nameless @ Feb 4 2010, 05:59 PM)

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=34018

@murphyLP:

What we had after Minutes To Midnight so far?

-New Divide

-Out Of Ashes

-Gold Guns Girls (M.Shinoda Remix)

-What I've Done (Distorted Remix)

-L.O.A.T.R (M.Shinoda Remix)

-Death To Analog (M.Shinoda Remix)

-LPU9 and 8 (even if i don't like the 8)

-Mike Shinoda ft Styles Of Beyond - Magic Doors (Rmx)

-Lockjaw

-Shoot First (Ft B-Real & Celph Titled) - Apathy (Produced by M.Shinoda)

-Download To Donate (Not Alone, Resurrection and Never Let Me Down)

And don't forget our She Couldn't CD and State Of The Art.

What i missed?

And what we will have before the new album ?

-The 8-Bit Resurrection song

-Mike ft Cypress Hill

And many many more songs i think.

So, go on, keep on complaining

----------------------------------------------

I would add Road to Revolution there too. Even though is still not NEW music, i still think it deserve attention too. People just need to wait, and calm down. The album will come soon, but not if you count the days. In the mean time, for the people who cant wait...go fucking listen to all the stuff on the list. Also think about this, your wasting mike's time writing this "complaining notes", time he can be working on the album. So think twice before writhing him this stupid notes that only waste more time, which is why your complaining in the first place.

I agree with the 2 answers, let me add to the Nameless List, RTR, We Made it, No Roads Left, the Demos of LPU9...

My Reply, i think a lot of fans (not soldiers) have a very bad memory, i remember just 2 months ago when everybody talks about the new LPU 9 and the all the stuff the demos, the awesome Across The Line, the instrumentals Stick'n move and the other songs... they dont remember that, was the best LPU

I think since 2007 we have a lot of LP material and LP related material Like DEAD BY SUNRISE...

I believe that the more delayed album's ar the best best, there are artists who releases two discs in one year, and it is because the first disc is bad or/and need to improve in other one quickly or because they know that their fame is ephemeral and need to earn money before ceasing to be Famous those few moments ...

LP Dont Need That, LP Makes Music... and if a have to wait 8 years i will wait...

One thing if we have to complain with somebody si with chester that the DBS projekt delayed obiously the new LP Album...

LP is the S...

I support Mike Shinoda and LP... <_<

lol no no Mike, Linkin Park said they would produce ALBUMS faster.

No one gives a shit about remixes their doing with other peoples songs. We want LINKIN PARK material. Only good things so far are New Divide and LPU9, which has been awesome, but 4 years to make an album is pathetic.

Michael Jackson made Thriller in 3 months.

lol no no Mike, Linkin Park said they would produce ALBUMS faster.

No one gives a shit about remixes their doing with other peoples songs. We want LINKIN PARK material. Only good things so far are New Divide and LPU9, which has been awesome, but 4 years to make an album is pathetic.

Michael Jackson made Thriller in 3 months.

Find me where Mike said that.

And who the hell are you to say what I give a shit about. What gives you the right to say "No one gives a shit" when, quite clearly, a lot of people (including myself) do.

Don't like waiting 4 years for an album. Don't wait and move on then.

I'm glad LP doesn't have a new album done in 3 months because, quite frankly, it'd be sloppy at the very best. They'd rush every song, and then YOU would be first to moan about it.

No, Mike definitely said they wanted to put out "music" more often. We all assumed that meant albums.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1003707157

Billboard article- Linkin Park plans quick minutes to midnight followup. Quotes from Chester, Mikeès been repeated the same sentiments in other interviews.

LP is full of $hit. I can care less about all these remixes. lol @ someone putting down What Ive Done distorted remix as fresh material we have been getting. 4 years is too long for 12 songs.

Chester said this http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcomi..._new_album.html

"We sparked a new kind of life into what we do during the writing of ('Midnight')," Bennington told Billboard.com. "We want to keep that going. I think we're in the mode, and I have a good feeling we're going to put another record out really quickly."

"There was a long period of time between the release of 2003's 'Meteora' and 'Minutes to Midnight'," Bennington said. "Even though we did tour (for 'Meteora') for two years, we didn't start working on writing ('Midnight') until seven months after we stopped touring. So it seemed like a really, really long time to our fans and it seemed like a really, really long time to us. I don't see that happening again."

yeah I hate the fact I have to wait 3 or 4years for new lp albums but I'd rather them take 3years and make a awsome album that the band love then taken 1year for a crap album that the band hate

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1003707157

Billboard article- Linkin Park plans quick minutes to midnight followup. Quotes from Chester, Mikeès been repeated the same sentiments in other interviews.

LP is full of $hit. I can care less about all these remixes. lol @ someone putting down What Ive Done distorted remix as fresh material we have been getting. 4 years is too long for 12 songs.

"[...]which just finished shooting a video for its next single, "Giving Up"[...]"

Wow, that must be a recent interview!!!

You realise that they did a big tour, "We made it", "New Divide" (including music videos), and many things more (Chester working on Out of Ashes) since then?

You must know everything about songwriting and music business :rolleyes: