Response to Comment: LP album in 2010

DXIC

Mike's latest blog post:

Comment by Matthew (w/ many similar comments) – “theres a news article in mtv saying you guys pushed the release date back to the end of the year! i dont expect an album release for early 2011.. thats another four years. Thats a real bummer because you guys said you would try to release albums more faster”

Dear Matthew and others,

I appreciate your concern. I have two comments, to help give you some insight into our process. First, we don’t know when the album is coming out; we are recording constantly and doing everything we can to make a great record (ready for release in 2010). We have some new, special ideas for this release, and those ideas have delayed it slightly–but not into 2011.

Secondly, I said we’d “release music more often,” not “albums”…between the DBS record, “New Divide,” “Not Alone,” the tracks I’ve done with other artists (Metric, Lupe, Kenna, Cypress Hill, Apathy, etc.), the iPhone game and song, and any other unforeseen things that might happen before the album release, I think we’ve proven that statement to be very true.

Source

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said we’d “release music more often,” not “albums”

OWNED.

Mike told that in the Epicenter Interview.

In my opinion, this thread doesn't deserve to be in the newswire section, it's only a Mike response to complaining fans.

Again, owned.

Really weird.

Mike is really good with the words but he don´t fool me...

unless he had a future ball i didn´t see "Not Alone, Lupe´s song, Kenna´s song" coming out if Haiti didn´t suffer the earthquake.

So I don´t think he can count on that as planned releases. And also, Metric?...did he make a new song with metric that I don´t know? please someone pass me this link.

He also said in one interview that 3 years for an album is a HUGE gap. And that they were going to try to make it faster!

It´s a bummer and he knows that... and by the way... don´t make any more promisses as "We have some new, special ideas for this release, and those ideas have delayed it slightly–but not into 2011" if you are not sure if you can guarantee it.

So I don´t think he can count on that as planned releases. And also, Metric?...did he make a new song with metric that I don´t know? please someone pass me this link.

He's talking about his Remix of Gold Guns Girls remix he did, here's the youtube link so you can listen

He's talking about his Remix of Gold Guns Girls remix he did, here's the youtube link so you can listen

ooo we are counting remixes as new songs...my bad!!!

i know what he´s talking about... and if you ready again my post you will see what i meant.

and that´s the reason why they take so long to do their albums...because mike go to his blog and see the comments in his blog and they are like "do whatever you want mike...and WE the FANS will follow you"

"take 7 years and we will be waiting you..."

I thought he already made it clear that he said they'd release more music, not albums?

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=34018

@murphyLP:

What we had after Minutes To Midnight so far?

-New Divide

-Out Of Ashes

-Gold Guns Girls (M.Shinoda Remix)

-What I've Done (Distorted Remix)

-L.O.A.T.R (M.Shinoda Remix)

-Death To Analog (M.Shinoda Remix)

-LPU9 and 8 (even if i don't like the 8)

-Mike Shinoda ft Styles Of Beyond - Magic Doors (Rmx)

-Lockjaw

-Shoot First (Ft B-Real & Celph Titled) - Apathy (Produced by M.Shinoda)

-Download To Donate (Not Alone, Resurrection and Never Let Me Down)

And don't forget our She Couldn't CD and State Of The Art.

What i missed?

And what we will have before the new album ?

-The 8-Bit Resurrection song

-Mike ft Cypress Hill

And many many more songs i think.

So, go on, keep on complaining :P

@murphyLP:

-New Divide

-Out Of Ashes

-Lockjaw

What i missed?

-Mike ft Cypress Hill

We are talking about Linkin Park music, only Linkin Park. No a song that's just Mike and other rapper, or Chester with other musicians. What matters is all LP. Remixes of existing songs aren't so special. We want something new that includes all LP, like New Divide, LPU9, etc. Something new. Release songs that were made years ago and do remixes of existing songs, can not be excuse for this long ime without an album.

@murphyLP:

-New Divide

-Out Of Ashes

-Lockjaw

What i missed?

-Mike ft Cypress Hill

I hate this term "LP camp" that Shinoda uses. I am a fan of Linkin Park - not Dead By Sunrise, Styles of Beyond, Lupe Fiasco and such. I know a lot of you are but the point is... Mike uses crappy excuses that there camp has released so much material. PRETTY MUCH, outside of New Divide and LPU 9, which is an annual thing, I don't consider anything new from LP. Yeah, he might have remixed a few LP tracks (including Lockjaw), but those weren't released during the time LP has spent in the studio the past year or so. Even "Not Alone" which was recreated in a matter of days AND only released due to this earthquake. Mike can use his remixes and DBS material as excuses for material coming from "LP Camp" but I don't consider that valid LP material.

Mike definitely said they wanted to release more music in different means and more quickly, not necessarily albums, but he certainly has made it clear they want to get out of the "4-5 years" between releasing albums. With the way it's looking, that won't be happening. It's already been almost 3 years since MTM was released.

Either way, its a shame this album couldn't be coming out within the next few months.

Edited by Preston

@murphyLP:

-New Divide

-Out Of Ashes

-Lockjaw

What i missed?

-Mike ft Cypress Hill

LPU7(Live)

LPU song:Morning After (AcousticLive)

Lol I was one of the "others" who asked about the albums release, but I asked what was going to push it toward the end of the year. Looks like I got my answer. Can't wait to see what "special" things they are going to be doing for the release.

At this point, this is all just getting tiring and annoying. And frankly, it's ridiculous. He really shouldn't be responding to the so called "fans" who are still complaining and upset about the "lack" of material or how long the album is taking. He's already explained himself. He doesn't need to defend himself or his position anymore. Let New Divide, Across The Line, Not Alone, the 8 bit rebellion song, and the DBS album (which 75-80% of LP fans enjoyed) speak for itself.

At this point, the fans who aren't satisfied with what they've got since Minutes to Midnight won't be satisfied until the next full album comes out. Let them complain and be ignorant about the creative process which goes into making an album. I for one (and I think others) can say that I have enough new music from the band (and it's individual members) to last me until the new album comes out. Given everything they've done since M2M (both collectively and individually), I can excuse them if they don't have the new album out until late 2010. We still aren't going to have to wait as long as we did for M2M and that's what matters to me.

come on mike, we need a new album, and in the first 6 months of the year, i don't want they releasing the album in november or december, will be pretty bad, i rather the new album in june/july than only in end of the year

and i don't think this remixes/dbs/mike's colaborations/live tracks and lpu 8/9 replace a full album

some artists take 3, 4 years to release new stuff, like christina aguilera, red hot chili peppers, green day, but they not promisse the albums for a date like lp make

Edited by ladygaga

well

that mean no tour this year with new album huh?

i didnt like the way Mike said bout having a lot of new song between MTM and DBS

i mean come on!!

except for New Divide,Not Alone,Across the line

the other songs are not PURE Linkin Park stuff

we want PURE Linkin Park songs

not remixes!!!

BTW looking forward to that iPhone Game~

LP!!!!we want new album this summer~

we only have 3 songs sofar, across the line, new divide and not alone

dbs don't count for me, because i really don't liked the album and the band

i was thinking which the album release would be in june/july, new single in may, a small european tour to promote, after live perfomances in mtv movie awards, snl, david letterman, whatever, projekt revolution us in july, maybe a latin american tour in december

but they only disappoint

@murphyLP:

-New Divide

-Out Of Ashes

-Lockjaw

What i missed?

-Mike ft Cypress Hill

I would add Road to Revolution there too. Even though is still not NEW music, i still think it deserve attention too. People just need to wait, and calm down. The album will come soon, but not if you count the days. In the mean time, for the people who cant wait...go fucking listen to all the stuff on the list. Also think about this, your wasting mike's time writing this "complaining notes", time he can be working on the album. So think twice before writhing him this stupid notes that only waste more time, which is why your complaining in the first place.

@murphyLP:

-New Divide

-Out Of Ashes

-Lockjaw

What i missed?

-Mike ft Cypress Hill

Don't forget We Made It.

I'm not a fan of the "LP camp" either, but we have gotten a lot more in the past year than year's previous.

Guess I'll just take it one step at a time. Looking forward to the 8-Bit song.

EDIT: Not a fan isn't the right phrase. I am a fan of DBS and especially Styles Of Beyond. I just don't consider it a Linkin Park-related release. Because it really isn't.

Edited by Xero21