Mike joined The Roots on stage last night

LPxDC

Whats the name of this song?

I tried searching some of the lyrics, but found nothing. Maybe it's something new they wrote just for this event.

I was searching on Twitter to see if anyone knew the song name and all I could find was stuff like "Linkin park/fort minor shit droppin' now" and "Um, did Mike Shinoda just freestyle?! And good?!".

We all know how Mike freestyles lol

Edited by Aiman

Fort Minor is back! Nice to see Mike rapping again, I thought he was primarily a singer now cause of how lp never incorporates rap into their songs anymore.

*facepalm

no mike just joined them in stage for one song .

Nope, my bet is Mike is already making songs. He's been hinting at new Fort Minor stuff lately anyway.Saying they're not dead, hanging out with GBC, doing songs with Black Thought. It'll be after the next LP album.

This could just be whatever song The Roots/Linkin Park were going to play together at Live 8 in 2005. Maybe they recorded a track together ages ago and this is it, or hell it could be new FM material. Not sure but I think this might tie in and correlate to the Live 8 collab that was planned but didn't happen between LP (or at least Mike)/The Roots.

Shit. If that was a freestyle, I didn't know Mike had it in him.

And I don't understand why Mike rapping automatically means new Fort Minor. The guy's been rapping since he was like 15.

Edited by Xero21

This could just be whatever song The Roots/Linkin Park were going to play together at Live 8 in 2005. Maybe they recorded a track together ages ago and this is it, or hell it could be new FM material. Not sure but I think this might tie in and correlate to the Live 8 collab that was planned but didn't happen between LP (or at least Mike)/The Roots.

^ This.

Nope, my bet is Mike is already making songs. He's been hinting at new Fort Minor stuff lately anyway.Saying they're not dead, hanging out with GBC, doing songs with Black Thought. It'll be after the next LP album.

I'd be extremely surprised if another Fort Minor album happens within the next 5 years.

And guys, there's no way that was a freestyle. There's a total of one instance in known history where Mike attempted to freestyle, and that was on the Wake Up Show...where he made it about 3 lines and gave up (the other verses he rapped were written previously, from Dedicated and another unknown song). Anything that's that structured and he can spit so effortlessly was obviously written in advance.

Still trying to figure out if this is an existing Roots song or not.