LPLive Group @ LP.com

hahninator

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Closing a thread is not the answer. Personally, I've about had it with mods closing threads for no apparent reason.

Anyway, someone said Dan sent an email out - I have no idea who he sent it to or when, but I had nothing like that in my Gmail inbox. Where did you get that email? If I had seen something like that I wouldn't have invited more people. Simple as that.

The only email I've gotten about the new site says, "As some of you know, we've been working on enhancing the LinkinPark.com experience. We want it to be the best way for you to keep up with the band, to preview our videos and behind-the-scenes footage, to upload your concert photos, art, videos and to meet other fans." etc etc etc with the invite link.

The fact that invitations were open and noone said anything about "limiting" the members of the site gave me an indication that hey, we can invite our friends. LPU first, then invited members, then the public. Makes sense to me. All someone had to do was say something.

Adam you're making it sound liek we're trying to ruin an LPU exclusive. That would not be true in any way. "You guys are the ones always asking for exclusives and wanting to keep LPU exclusives exclusive to LPU members, so I'm not really sure why you're doing this if that's the case. Ah well."

Right. We are asking for that. Like I said, we're doing that because it says "+ Invite More People" at the top, which I (and others apparently) took as, hey invite your LP friends to check the site out. If someone had mentioned in the LPU email that it was just for LPU members, I'd understand. Personally, I think people should be glad we're inviting more fans, but hey that's just me.

No. Closing a thread is not the answer. Personally, I've about had it with mods closing threads for no apparent reason.

Anyway, someone said Dan sent an email out - I have no idea who he sent it to or when, but I had nothing like that in my Gmail inbox. Where did you get that email? If I had seen something like that I wouldn't have invited more people. Simple as that.

The only email I've gotten about the new site says, "As some of you know, we've been working on enhancing the LinkinPark.com experience. We want it to be the best way for you to keep up with the band, to preview our videos and behind-the-scenes footage, to upload your concert photos, art, videos and to meet other fans." etc etc etc with the invite link.

The fact that invitations were open and noone said anything about "limiting" the members of the site gave me an indication that hey, we can invite our friends. LPU first, then invited members, then the public. Makes sense to me. All someone had to do was say something.

Adam you're making it sound liek we're trying to ruin an LPU exclusive. That would not be true in any way. "You guys are the ones always asking for exclusives and wanting to keep LPU exclusives exclusive to LPU members, so I'm not really sure why you're doing this if that's the case. Ah well."

Right. We are asking for that. Like I said, we're doing that because it says "+ Invite More People" at the top, which I (and others apparently) took as, hey invite your LP friends to check the site out. If someone had mentioned in the LPU email that it was just for LPU members, I'd understand. Personally, I think people should be glad we're inviting more fans, but hey that's just me.

marks right the email said nothin about not inviting Ppl just that lpu Ppl got the first look at it witch most lpu ppl have seen it now and if lpu staff didint want other Ppl to see it then they shouldint have put the invite a friend link up on the site yet. Edited by sian18

Mark, you have my position on this whole thing wrong. I'm not saying you're ruining the exclusive. I'm saying it makes no sense to me why you would WANT to invite non-lpu members to join in on an LPU exclusive. I'm not pissed or upset about this. You're right, we didn't say "don't invite non-lpuers to the site." We thought you guys would want to keep this in the community because you're paying for exclusives like this. Again, its really up to the LPU members on what they want to try to keep as exclusive as possible. You guys are the ones paying for this stuff as members of the fan club. I thought that LPL, with all of your really cool exclusives, would "get" this more than anyone.

As I said before, it really doesn't matter to me if you guys invite non-lpuers, but it does kind of suck for the paying members of LPU who like things like this to stay exclusive. I know you guys want to get a buttload of members to join your group thing, but like I said, this is opening to the public this week, and there will be a BIG push on all LP sites and hopefully beyond that as well.

I'm not telling you to stop inviting people. Honestly, I really don't care if you do or not. But from some of the other comments in this thread, it seems like there are a lot of LPU members who wish you wouldn't.

Ok, I don't want this to turn into some huge drama thing, because it's really not that big of a deal. The site will come out of beta this week. Do what you want until then.

Edit: And as I've already said, the invite friends link isn't something we can remove. It's a part of the websites format that is unchangeable.

Edited by Adam

Right. I'm not mad in any way, lol. From my understanding, it was more of:

Exclusive = LPU getting access FIRST

versus what it apparently really is:

Exclusive = LPU only until it goes out of beta

Simple misunderstanding. I got no email from Dan either way, just saying.

Right. I'm not mad in any way, lol. From my understanding, it was more of:

Exclusive = LPU getting access FIRST

versus what it apparently really is:

Exclusive = LPU only until it goes out of beta

I didn't either. Not sure what email they're talking about. haha.

Edited by Adam

Come on guys !!! this is stupid... exclusive or not is stupid...

I dont want to be invited, damn exclusive

I think that any fan of LP is not more important than other, and what I see here is that those who have the possibility to pay to be a member of LPU, have a lot of benefits and damn exclusive like this...

and the all fans that dont have the same posibility are less important than the others.

And what i see too is that a group of persons just want to invite the rest of the people who are not a member and that group is treated as not respecting the damn exclusive...

is just a website !!! come on...

give the exclusive to the LPU members and enjoy it a lot...

Just to clear that up:

It could be that you didn't get it because you weren't a member of the LPU group on lp.com at that time but I don't know.

The mail came on Saturday, about 12:40 (GMT +1 hour) and it said:

A message from Dan to all members of LP Underground Members on Linkin Park!

Just a friendly notice, Team LP has already invited all LPU members. Please do not invite anyone to join the site until we tell you that the site is 100% live. I am sending this because one of you (I will not say whom because I'm trusting it was by accident because they didn't know) anyway, someone sent me an invite to one of my other email addresses. Thanx :)

- Dan/Dragon/dragonlp20

Just to clear that up:

It could be that you didn't get it because you weren't a member of the LPU group on lp.com at that time but I don't know.

The mail came on Saturday, about 12:40 (GMT +1 hour) and it said:

I joined the LPU group the second I joined LP.com, it was actually the first thing I did. I disabled all email from LP.com so that could possibly be it, lol. Ineffective way of contacting people, really.

I got the email from Dan.....because of that and because I thought it is an LPU exclusive until the beta is over I was pissed.....I was like "wtf is LPL doing here....can't believe it" ^^

But now it's too late and in the end it was a simple mistake. So everything is ok and I'm not upset anymore.

Take it easy ^^

I joined the LPU group the second I joined LP.com, it was actually the first thing I did. I disabled all email from LP.com so that could possibly be it, lol. Ineffective way of contacting people, really.

yeah, since you literally get spammed with emails everytime someone joins a group and stuff that probably wasn't really effective ^^

never mind now anyway.