LPLive Group @ LP.com

hahninator

This is not moderating if we say that it's crap to invite non LPU members to a LPU exclusive. Just my opinion.

Remember when someone posted a screenshot from the site? within minutes after posting it were deleted with the reason that it's LPU exclusive. And now?

Adam - Care to chime in on this if/when you read this? I know the LPU got the first look at the new site, but one of the first things people could do was invite others and I'm sure there's no way it could be limited to inviting only LPU members.

And certain staff members here need to be reminded - Check your attitude at the door or don't come in.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not moderating if we say that it's crap to invite non LPU members to a LPU exclusive. Just my opinion.

Remember when someone posted a screenshot from the site? within minutes after posting it were deleted with the reason that it's LPU exclusive. And now?

now...

Edited by MikeDCT

Ever thought of lpl staff have contact to lpu? Ever thought of it could be ok for them? If mods says its ok, its ok, if not it will have consequences thats it.

Well do u have permission to invite people like that? 'Cuz that's weird,if they can let ya'll send out invites, y not everyone else!? I'm just saying that it's unfair that one site gets the previlige and others don't..

Well do u have permission to invite people like that? 'Cuz that's weird,if they can let ya'll send out invites, y not everyone else!? I'm just saying that it's unfair that one site gets the previlige and others don't..

Again, see my above post. The LPU got the first peek but I don't think further invites are limited to LPU members. You can invite pretty much anyone you want.

Yeah we have permission - permission as in the site clearly says "INVITE MORE PEOPLE" at the top and includes ways to do it. I don't see a problem here. The point was for the LPU to get in first, which they did, and they're slowly inviting friends, etc until it debuts to the public. This is not ruining an LPU exclusive, I don't understand why some of you are so upset.

*mail removed*

pls : )

Invite por favor:

*mail removed*

invite me please! *mail removed*

Could I have an invitation as well? Thanx in advance!!

*mail removed*

Invite !

*mail removed*

Plz invite me

*mail removed*

hey, can someone please invite me

*mail removed*

Thanks so much

Can someone invite me? plz!

*mail removed*

can someone pls invite me?? thx :)

*mail removed*

Sent

Yeah we have permission - permission as in the site clearly says "INVITE MORE PEOPLE" at the top and includes ways to do it. I don't see a problem here. The point was for the LPU to get in first, which they did, and they're slowly inviting friends, etc until it debuts to the public. This is not ruining an LPU exclusive, I don't understand why some of you are so upset.

Yeah the site says "invite more people" but the e-mail sent clearly says NOT TO INVITE ANYONE! It said that one perosn had already sent an invitation and they don't want that to continue. They only wanna release this site to everyone once everything is fixed. Here is what the e-mail said:

A message from Dan to all members of LP Underground Members on Linkin Park!

Just a friendly notice, Team LP has already invited all LPU members. Please do not invite anyone to join the site until we tell you that the site is 100% live. I am sending this because one of you (I will not say whom because I'm trusting it was by accident because they didn't know) anyway, someone sent me an invite to one of my other email addresses. Thanx :)

- Dan/Dragon/dragonlp20

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have nothing against non LPU-ers, i was one till a few years ago ! I honestly don't mind them seeing the site, it's just that the LPU mods specifically asked us not to invite more people..

I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, you guys can ofcourse go on inviting people, i'm just trying to make u aware that it isn't allowed...

The site will be live this week. We thought you guys (LPU) would be stoked to have exclusive access to it for a week, but if you want to make it less exclusive for you, that's your decision. Doesn't really affect us, but it's not really fair to the other members who do want this to remain exclusive. You guys are the ones always asking for exclusives and wanting to keep LPU exclusives exclusive to LPU members, so I'm not really sure why you're doing this if that's the case. Ah well.

Glad you guys are enjoying the site. It's been a loooooong time coming, so it's awesome that its been such a success.

EDIT: Also, this isn't me "giving permission" or anything. I know how you guys can take things we say out of context...

Edited by Adam

The site will be live this week. We thought you guys (LPU) would be stoked to have exclusive access to it for a week, but if you want to make it less exclusive for you, that's your decision. Doesn't really affect us, but it's not really fair to the other members who do want this to remain exclusive. You guys are the ones always asking for exclusives and wanting to keep LPU exclusives exclusive to LPU members, so I'm not really sure why you're doing this if that's the case. Ah well.

Glad you guys are enjoying the site. It's been a loooooong time coming, so it's awesome that its been such a success.

EDIT: Also, this isn't me "giving permission" or anything. I know how you guys can take things we say out of context...

Understood Adam... But if invites were limited to LPU members only, then why not disable user generated invitations until the site went live?

Edit to add:

As for LPU exclusives staying exclusive, that became a thing of the past the first time someone uploaded a rip of the Hybrid Theory EP to the internet in 2001. And then the 2.0 CD a year later. I could go on.

Understood Adam... But if invites were limited to LPU members only, then why not disable user generated invitations until the site went live?

Edit to add:

As for LPU exclusives staying exclusive, that became a thing of the past the first time someone uploaded a rip of the Hybrid Theory EP to the internet in 2001. And then the 2.0 CD a year later. I could go on.

The invite thing isn't something we can enable or disable.

You're absolutely right about those things not being exclusive anymore... but whose fault is that? Certainly not ours. It's up to LPU members to keep things exclusive. We have no control over it. If you guys want to leak things, you'll leak them and we can't stop it. If you want things to remain as exclusive as possible, you'll do everything you can to keep them exclusive.

I'm not trying to lecture you or anything, and I'm not upset about it. But just remember this the next time we do something exclusively for LPU and you guys are pissed that non-lpuers get it. I know Mark and the rest of the LPL staff would have been pissed if we released "She Couldn't" to LPU members, so it wouldn't just be an LPL exclusive. Just sayin...

Edited by Adam

THIS!

Thanks Adam!