8-Bit Rebellion - More info from Mike

vyonizr

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

until the game is released, i think the songs can possibly be 100% completed!

and every band in the world releases a song a few months before the album release for giving a taste of the album's sound!!! and i think this could be a good method to do this, but may be it'll be only a new mhhh...cookies thing xD xD

why everybody is talking about a new "mhhh...cookies" song xD i think they will release a complete song even with vocals on it and not a fun song!!!

LOL! It's being made by the same company that did Amateur Surgeon and 5 Minutes to Kill Yourself?

yeah, take a look at the partners and clients: http://www.artificial-life.com/alife/index...list=0&t=en

Edit: i hope they guys will release the track in lossless quality somewhere, cause i doubt we will get it in lossless inside the game :(

Lockjaw failed in quality :P

Edit: i hope they guys will release the track in lossless quality somewhere, cause i doubt we will get it in lossless inside the game :(

Lockjaw failed in quality :P

You audiophiles and your lossless preferences lol :rolleyes: I honestly can't hear a difference between an mp3 (128, 256, 320) and FLAC, or other lossless formats.

ok now i think everyone here is right that the song won't be a song from the new album!

but i think when mike says BRAND new song, i think it won't be a song from the minutes to midnight recording time or from even longer in the past!

i hope it will be something from the new album but i think it will be a song made for the game, but it will show us a bit of the direction, which the new album's sound will go into!

ok now i think everyone here is right that the song won't be a song from the new album!

but i think when mike says BRAND new song, i think it won't be a song from the minutes to midnight recording time or from even longer in the past!

i hope it will be something from the new album but i think it will be a song made for the game, but it will show us a bit of the direction, which the new album's sound will go into!

Mike referred to Across the Line as "a brand new, unreleased song," and that was from the Minutes to Midnight sessions.

http://www.mikeshinoda.com/blog/special_ev...d_track_listing

The band has used that EXACT phrase, "brand new song" to describe any song that is previously unreleased on numerous occasions.

I almost guarantee that it's another MTM b-side if it isn't an instrumental track like Lockjaw.

So why promoting it trough rollingstone.com?

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/inde...on-iphone-game/

A new song is a new song. I remember I was trying to tell this to people on the LPU after LPU8 launched and people got upset.

A new song can be anything we haven't heard, regardless of when it was made. It's "new" as in "hasn't yet been heard."

But you never know, maybe it is something from the new set of songs. That would be a new direction for LP to go in.

LOL! It's being made by the same company that did Amateur Surgeon and 5 Minutes to Kill Yourself? This makes me want this game even more! :lol:

I hope some genius can crack the game and make a version that's playable on Windows.

It will be so good. Both those games are awesome.

I don't see how they could be hyping it up this much to be something less than a full song complete with vocals. While I wouldn't be surprised to get a Lockjaw-type, I'm willing to bet this is going to be something good. I was really discarding this too; I thought it might just be background music or something. This sounds like the real deal. Certainly not into the games, so I'll wait for one of you gamers to get the deed done and get the track.

Also, that Rolling Stone article is good proof that this shouldn't be just an instrumental or "Mickey Mouse" track. This should be a good song. I'm just not sure if it would have come from recent sessions (they took time out for ND) or MTM or somewhere in between. I'm hoping its something from recent sessions because I want to hear how the band is progressing.

Edited by Preston

I agree with Nameless

Promoting through rolling stone can mean its something brand new recently made. Cos to get be getting plugs through rolling stone means its going to be something specially.

On another note Itunes gift card for Christmas FTW!!

I agree with Preston.

Why hype all this up just for a 30 second track with no vocals. I think it would be stupid, Linkin Park have a huge fan base and if they said they would be giving us a new song and it was a 30 second little track with no vocals then the community won't bas AS happy as they would've liked and could have been.

I don't know, we'll have to find out when it is released this month.

and every band in the world releases a song a few months before the album release for giving a taste of the album's sound!!! and i think this could be a good method to do this, but may be it'll be only a new mhhh...cookies thing xD xD

yes and in this world, this things are called singles and are chosen when the whole album is done so that the best choice is made. and they come out a month before the album's release.so no

EDIT: and as for the new song, just remember that instrumental songs that randomly came by like Lockjaw, weren't at all hyped up. On the last few months, we got 2 "hype ups" for New Divide and Across The Line and were both full songs with vocals...so stop bitchin!!

Edited by VavourasLP