Studio Update, January 5 2010

Yass

i dont know what you guys are thinking!

only 5 songs done donsnt mean that they dont have any other stuff on there table.

these 5 are 95% done but other about 20-25 must be 50% to 60% done and when they will start working on that batch it will be done in one month. (only 4 to 5 from 20 to 25). and similarly rest in 3-4 songs in 1/2 month so

they can complete mixing, harmonies, backing, orchestra and even photo shot in 4 months.

Never know what will happen. I say if all goes well though then I can very well see this happen. Anyone who thinks LP has only just finished 5 songs and don't have anymore are insane.

Quote from Mikes blog on November 15, 2009

"At last count, there were upward of 60 tracks on the "band" hard drive. Obviously, they're in all states of completion (except "finished"). Well, 60 is a big number, and focusing down on all of those to try to get them finished sounded terrifying not to mention silly; a good chunk of those are probably not really our best stuff anyway. So we narrowed down to 20. These 20 aren't all going to make the album, they're just the best songs we've got so far."

The other 15-20 songs Mike talked about in this update are in a state of "Completion". So anything is possible between now and June.

Edited by Red_Zero

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone see in the pic that mike posted with his update in the corner of the pic there's a picture of like art anyone think could have somthink todo with album art work since mike said the art work was almost done here's a pic of it Posted Image

Mike's wrong about one thing. I deffo wouldn't be stupid enough to try and guess what a song sounds like by its working title..

Im a little pissed off at the genre busting comment. I kinda always thought it was hype, even though I do believe his intensions were genuine with the type of music their making, i always thought it kinda a catchphrase.

Im going to hold off judgment on the album dates and stuff. Alot of you were dead on, Im gonna have a headache if i think too much about it.

Didn't think of it. It's pretty possible. I doubt Mike will show it to us in that way, but we never know. It looks like an artwork, what else can it be?

It's... strange. I would never expect such an artwork by LP. It's different that anything before. I don't know if I like it, I should see a better picture, which obviously can't happen now. Maybe I like the idea, but still don't know about the artwork. BTW, it's definitely an artwork which would perfectly fit a concept album. :)

Edited by dark_master

You said Mike called MtM genre busting if you go back and read what you said =P and I questioned that. Still waiting for the proof too. XP

Um, this is what I said in the other thread:

This album sounds funky, I am really trying not to get excited about it because I have a feeling its either going to kick-ass or it's going to be a real disappointing dud considering the amount of time and the typical "band hype" that this is going to be a "a genre busting album." They thought MTM would be that, and sorry, but it wasn't.

I said the band (Mike) said this new album is going to be "genre busting." I said they thought MTM would be something like that but I never said Mike actually said that about Minutes. With all the descriptions in late 2006, early 2007, you would think it would have been. But they never used that term for MTM and I never said they used that term... I just personally said they thought it would be based on band descriptions of the album before it was released.

Fact is, I know Mike said a while back about this new album being "genre busting" and that's what I was talking about in the first place.

Um, this is what I said in the other thread:

This album sounds funky, I am really trying not to get excited about it because I have a feeling its either going to kick-ass or it's going to be a real disappointing dud considering the amount of time and the typical "band hype" that this is going to be a "a genre busting album." They thought MTM would be that, and sorry, but it wasn't.

I said the band (Mike) said this new album is going to be "genre busting." I said they thought MTM would be something like that but I never said Mike actually said that about Minutes. With all the descriptions in late 2006, early 2007, you would think it would have been. But they never used that term for MTM and I never said they used that term... I just personally said they thought it would be based on band descriptions of the album before it was released.

Fact is, I know Mike said a while back about this new album being "genre busting" and that's what I was talking about in the first place.

Ah, okay. You said "something like that." :P Never meant to disagree that he said it about this new album, as we can all see people have latched onto the phrase non-stop like it means something.

Anyone see in the pic that mike posted with his update in the corner of the pic there's a picture of like art anyone think could have somthink todo with album art work since mike said the art work was almost done here's a pic of it Posted Image

I thought that too

I'd say the album will be out in or around the time Minutes To Midnight came out in '07. They'll probably finish up the 2nd batch of songs this month, put any last finishing touches on the group they see as the album tracks, then put it all together. They'll probably announce a release date sometime in March like they did with MTM. Then the first single will probably be out in April.

I'd say the album will be out in or around the time Minutes To Midnight came out in '07. They'll probably finish up the 2nd batch of songs this month, put any last finishing touches on the group they see as the album tracks, then put it all together. They'll probably announce a release date sometime in March like they did with MTM. Then the first single will probably be out in April.

Sounds about right. I am taking a wild guess and thinking they have picked there last batch of songs. I am only taking this guess as to what Mike said last month about less tracks. Then again that could change as well.

I kind of wish Mike would or will tell us how many songs they have added to the new batch, but then that too would lead to a whole lot craziness. Track number can change at the last minute very easy. Heck from the first batch of 5 they could easily cut 1 or 2 in the end.

Guys don't sweat. The album is coming out this year no doubt. They already made the music, they just need to tweak it add vocals etc. Which doesn't take that long with professionals. I expect June-August.. maybe even September is the time frame they are really looking at.

Some of your guesses for the new album are a little to optimstic imo. I would guess earliest a single from the new album to be out will be October with the new album dropping early 2011.

^ this guy....

I would imagine from the recent updates we've had from Mike the album will be out this year, either by June or at least a release date by June. They have 5 songs as good as finished, they're working on the last 15 - now unless something goes tits up, I'd say it'll take 3-4 months max to get those songs finished bearing in mind it only took them a month to get 5 as good as done, some of you will think I'm optimistic, but I think 2011 is a silly estimate now unless they suddenly scrap these 20 songs :)