Studio Update, January 5 2010

Yass

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of your guesses for the new album are a little to optimstic imo. I would guess earliest a single from the new album to be out will be October with the new album dropping early 2011.

I really don't know where everyone is getting Late 2010/Early 2011. I know LP is known for taking a while to make an album, but NO WAY is it going to be that late.

My prediction is along with a lot of people. LP likes to release at the end of the month so I say late June release, with a single in early May.

The album will be out this year they have the songs done we all know that in meteora making of DVD mike and brad Handel the mixing with a mixer so my guess is the songs will be finnished b4 DBS tour then while Chester is touring mike brad the producer and mixer will Finnish it of once Chester has finnished the vocals he is not needed so my guess the album will be finnshed off while Chester is away and will be released in June

The first 5 songs only took a few months to Finnish and so will the next then the album will be mixed and released. They didint take along time to Finnish them

You must really have a thing for Finnish people. Ever been to Finland? Let me guess, your favorite song is Breaking the Habbit?

Never know what will happen. I say if all goes well though then I can very well see this happen. Anyone who thinks LP has only just finished 5 songs and don't have anymore are insane.

Quote from Mikes blog on November 15, 2009

"At last count, there were upward of 60 tracks on the "band" hard drive. Obviously, they're in all states of completion (except "finished"). Well, 60 is a big number, and focusing down on all of those to try to get them finished sounded terrifying not to mention silly; a good chunk of those are probably not really our best stuff anyway. So we narrowed down to 20. These 20 aren't all going to make the album, they're just the best songs we've got so far."

The other 15-20 songs Mike talked about in this update are in a state of "Completion". So anything is possible between now and June.

Uhh, read Mike's quote again. He didn't say those songs are completed, he said "they're in all states of completion." Meaning they could be anywhere from brand new seeds that consist of nothing more than a beat and a scratch vocal track, to completed demos.

The band has 5 songs that are mostly done, and everything else still needs to be finalized. This album is nowhere close to finished. Mike just said they were approximately "halfway done" a couple weeks ago...

Some of the guesses on the release date in this thread are optimistic to the point of being absolutely delusional. Minutes to Midnight was pretty much finished by the end of January in '07, but it took them until the middle of May to release it. LP could finish this album TOMORROW, and the absolute earliest it would come out is sometime in April. Once an album is done being recorded, there are still months worth of planning and promotion that have to be done before it can be released. That's just how major record label timetables work.

I'm still completely confident that the album will be out this year. But the absolute earliest I can see it happening is August, and even that's a stretch.

it for be a 8-bit song

No.

I think the new album will be released by the end of this summer.

Why? Well first of all, Mike said that he firmly believes the album will be out in 2010. Mike hasn't always been good with release dates, but to make such a remark after what happened with the last album suggests that he realistically believes a 2010 release is possible. He knows how much the album is done better than any of us do.

Second of all, track-wise, this is probably gonna be a short album. My guess is 10 tracks. Mike said a 10-track album could be likely since a lot of the songs are hitting the 4-5 minute mark and also they're aiming for quality, not quantity. So far they almost finished 5 songs for the album, and the album is said to be about halfway done. I'm not saying they're limiting themselves to 10 tracks, since they're still in the writing process, but 10 is a realistic guess.

And finally, this is why I think it's gonna be out before the end of summer: On November 15th, Mike posted that they narrowed the tracks down to 20 and that they were focusing on finishing 5 of them. I'm sure they started that process sometime before that, and they just now basically finished those 5 up. It took about 2 months. Well DBS is going on tour at the end of the month, which gives them the next 2-3 weeks to narrow down the second set of 5 songs. That way, while Chester is touring, they can continue working on the music for those 5 songs, and they can also finish up the album artwork (which they've already been working on) and tie up other loose ends like making plans for the album's marketing and whatnot. After Chester gets back, they will probably only need another month and a half or so to actually finish recording the album itself. That would mean the album is in an essentially finished state in the month of April. Of course, things won't go perfectly on time, and I'm sure there's a lot of things they'll need to sort out for the album and the label before it's ready for release. Still, I think they have more than enough time to get the album out before September.

My guess is...single in June, album in July.

You must really have a thing for Finnish people. Ever been to Finland? Let me guess, your favorite song is Breaking the Habbit?

Uhh, read Mike's quote again. He didn't say those songs are completed, he said "they're in all states of completion." Meaning they could be anywhere from brand new seeds that consist of nothing more than a beat and a scratch vocal track, to completed demos.

The band has 5 songs that are mostly done, and everything else still needs to be finalized. This album is nowhere close to finished. Mike just said they were approximately "halfway done" a couple weeks ago...

Some of the guesses on the release date in this thread are optimistic to the point of being absolutely delusional. Minutes to Midnight was pretty much finished by the end of January in '07, but it took them until the middle of May to release it. LP could finish this album TOMORROW, and the absolute earliest it would come out is sometime in April. Once an album is done being recorded, there are still months worth of planning and promotion that have to be done before it can be released. That's just how major record label timetables work.

I'm still completely confident that the album will be out this year. But the absolute earliest I can see it happening is August, and even that's a stretch.

No.

sorry about the Finnish thing but I'm just geting use to my iPhone and the keybord on it and no my fav lp song is runaway