Mike - 5 Important things on LP history of the decade

vyonizr

Admittedly, I had assumed that Dave returned due to the success and money.

At worst, it only could have been due to the..."impending" success and money. Phoenix rejoined the band the same month Hybrid Theory was released.

Nice read. I would like to see what other names the band came up with when they changed there name.

Clear, The Platinum Lotus Foundation, Ten PM Stocker, and Probing Lagers are several, Clear being the only other one they really liked (but it was taken already).

Clear, The Platinum Lotus Foundation, Ten PM Stocker, and Probing Lagers are several, Clear being the only other one they really liked (but it was taken already).

I know there are a ton of bands out there that have weird names, big and small, but there is something about all those names that screams baby and backseat bands.... not sure why. Linkin Park is certainly off-the-wall when you look at it literally but I think it's a more powerful name. I just couldn't see 10 PM Stocker or Probing Lagers on a huge backdrop flanking the band. Just an interesting input.

Anyways, great post from Mike. Enjoyed it all. Surprised Phoenix was number one, but the way he explained it made perfect sense. I think Phoenix obviously saw that LP was going to be something but on the flipside, he had been an original band member and it was Mike and Co. begging him to come back. So, while I'm sure being signed to a label like WB and records and tours on the horizon helped his decision, I think its safe to say he was going to come back regardless.

No. 5 absolutely 100% sounds like LP. That was very interesting. With all their weekly band meetings and substantially different way of recording music (they do things rather business-like compared to other bands that jam into tunes), I think thats pretty amusing they would do all that. However, very professional.

Shanghai is interesting, I'm glad that certain shows obviously do register on the band's minds. The pictures were good too. I think MTM was a bit cliche since we obviously all know how much that did change the band. But I'm glad he focused more on talking about the band as people and not as musicians.

Nice post.

LP 1st shanghai show which was remarkable

although the band went to my living place - hong kong 2 times before

there's a histroy abt the blocked communication in china, but it takes time to explain

anyway, LP made a history for our motherland, and that's why they came to shanghai again last year

im looking forward to the next decade of linkin park too : )

Edited by larisa

It's their best album and best years of touring so..... but no seriously, a bit surprising, I wish more details came out of the "Meteora" era.

In your opinion it's their best album and best years of touring, fine. But not for me. I think MTM is more of a 'milestone' for the band than Meteora was. I love Meteora but it really is just a HT part 2 and I wouldn't really consider it a milestone in the bands career except for the fact that it sold really well for a sophomore album.