Let Down video online now!

LESTAT

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its kind of disappointing...it was cool but I was really hoping for some kind of story line or correlation to the song.

And Chester always seems to not know what to do with his body when he's singing lol He just kinda stands there. I wanna see him try some more active movements and stuff instead of him reaching his hand out like he's done in the last few videos.

Its kind of disappointing...it was cool but I was really hoping for some kind of story line or correlation to the song.

And Chester always seems to not know what to do with his body when he's singing lol He just kinda stands there. I wanna see him try some more active movements and stuff instead of him reaching his hand out like he's done in the last few videos.

I disagree. Chester is always jumping around and moving while singing. He rarely ever just stands there. He moves around a lot in the CBI video too, not so much in this video, but LD is more of an emotional song so that's why he looks more focused and everything. Chester said it was hard for him to record the studio version for Let Down because he had to take himself back to 2005 and relive the memories in order to get the same emotion as the original version.

hmmm, i dunno... i'm somewhat disappointed with the video hey.

definitely appreciate the whole 'bringing the album artwork to life' vibe of the video - i just don't think it was executed that brilliantly. the shots of talinda are fantastic though - and there is one very minor shot that you almost miss of someone's back piece (ryan's maybe)? as others have said - this is my favourite track off the record - so i wanted the video to absolutely blow me away.

i'm sure i'll appreciate it more on subsequent viewings!!

and what's with the single cover? i thought they'd end up using different band member shots (from the video shoot video they posted on myspace) for each single over (ie, chester's shot for cbi, then one of the other guys for let down and so on)... meh, im a sucker for continuity!!

uhm... this guitar doesn't seem to be the goldtop for me. Amir is playing that one for sure, but Ryan's guitar seems to be darker(black? maybe the 'black beauty'...) in the vid if I'm not mistaken.

Nevertheless a Gibson LP doesn't suit him very well...

I think Ryan really rocks the Gibson. Would have never expected both of them to play Gibsons, by the way. I just couldn't imagine them playing these kinds of guitars (especially since they had always been playing more modern-looking and self-modified guitars such as Ibanez RG's or the Yamaha ones), but now that I saw them with these guitars, I must say it suits them well and looks great! :)

I really liked the video by the way. The perspectives were awesome and the guys look great in it, as does Talinda. I also like the effects a lot, even though they remind me of the White Stripes video of "Seven Nation Army" at times. I wouldn't say it's better than CBI but maybe right now I like it more because it's new *haha* And the atmosphere that the video creates definitely fits to the song.

I personally don't like the video. I would have went for a little more color, but I guess they were revolving around the logo. I don't see the point of Talinda being in the video either - the video comes across as 'Talinda has let me down' to me, but of course she really hasn't. Considering the song isn't about Talinda, it just doesn't make much sense to me. The eye shot in the end just makes me cringe... I think the video would have been better without her, but that's just my opinion.

Edited by Threewingedfury

I would love to see it, sounds like it should be good!

EDIT: The video is awesome, the intro is slow but it picks up. Talinda did look useless in it as there was a non-linear story line -- she seemed to just fit in as much as those red balls did. Overall, for anyone who watches TV, the music video is fun.

I think Ryan really rocks the Gibson. Would have never expected both of them to play Gibsons, by the way. I just couldn't imagine them playing these kinds of guitars (especially since they had always been playing more modern-looking and self-modified guitars such as Ibanez RG's or the Yamaha ones), but now that I saw them with these guitars, I must say it suits them well and looks great! :)

Well, after watching it a few more times, I got used to Ryan playing the Gibson. As you said, they really differ from the guitars we're used to and the LPs are quite old school for them.

As I've always been a Gibson fan, I love those guitars! And Ryan plays the one I've always wanted to own; and I will someday, at least if I'm right and he uses the Black Beauty in the vid. Gibson rocks :)

No way! Leave Out All the Rest and Shadow of the Day kick its ass!

I agree, plus this video was a real "let down" for me. lol

I expected a story behind it,

and i think it could of been the best LP related video since "From the Inside"

For me, it's just too simple. The song deserved a better video by far

Eh, Chester looked kind of like a pedo in this video. He also looked very uncomfortable, he should be more relaxed like in ND. I also don't recall seeing Fu even once :\... The video could have been so much better. Hahn should definatley direct the next one.

Edited by MONDREUS240