The Rising Tied vs. Out of Ashes

dark_master

The Rising Tied vs. Out of Ashes  

112 members have voted

1. 1. ???

• The Rising Tied
    • Out of Ashes

It's hard to judge albums made by two entirely separate groups in a "head to head" type way. But if we're just voting for our personal favorites, then I'd hafto say The Rising Tied for sure. Not only is it a wide ranged and diverse hip-hop album, but it also features some of the greatest rappers I've ever heard. (Styles of Beyond and Lupe Fiasco, I'm looking at you guys) Not to say that Common and Sixx John aren't awesome on the album either, cuz they are as well. But for me, hearing SOB, Lupe, and the Cobra Holder all on one album, was pretty awesome to say the least ;)

But the lyrical/vocal content doesn't stop shining there. You've also got a few tracks with Kenna and Holly Brook. I think their specific songs help to reach out to certain people that wouldn't have otherwise looked into The Rising Tied. So any time you've got more than one genre/audience listening, that's just awesome.

Another thing about the album I enjoyed was the overall artwork and visual theme of things. It helps give the album more character. (Kudos to Mike on that).

Onto Out Of Ashes... I can't really judge this yet with a solid decision. But I can say this, I do enjoy atleast half the album. But I foresee myself not really listening to this album in its entirety as much as I did The Rising Tied. But like I said, still like a good amount of the tracks and I'm glad Chester decided to make them. :)

I'll stfu, now that my 2cents are in the piggy bank :P

The Rising Tied, for sure

TBH, I thought I would like OOA a lot more than TRT (as I'm a lot more into rock than hip-hop), but now that the album is out, I have to admit that is the other way around. I only listen to OOA once in a while, but I remembered that when TRT was released, I was hearing it almost 24/7, non-stop.

It's true that these 2 albuns have very different styles, and we can't really compare songs like Condemned or Walking In Circles with Remember The Name or Red To Black, but even so... TRT sounds more 'solid', I have this impression that Mike put a lot more thought into TRT than Chester put on OOA; TRT sounds more original and creative than OOA; and, to finish, TRT's lyrics are way better (I'm not saying that OA's lyrics are bad, but when compared with TRT's...).

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The people saying putting Dead By Sunrise with Fort Minor would result in Linkin Park are just short sighted.

But anyway... The Rising Tied by far. I was so much more excited for it, and I was playing it non stop for a very long time. The whole Fort Minor thing made me as excited as a new LP album would. I still listen to Fort Minor regularly.

I enjoyed Out of Ashes, Let Down is one of my favorite songs of all time, but the version on OOA sucks. I found myself listening to only a couple songs by them a few months after release, and besides the odd song here or there, I barely listen to Out of Ashes anymore. As others have mentioned, the miing on this album sucks compared to The Rising Tied.