Back In The Studio

vyonizr

I'm sure Chester will fuckin ROCK on AC/DC style vocals...and this combination sounds pretty dope

I'm sure Mike meant musical work when he said Queen meets AC/DC meets hardcore techno. I don't think Chester is working on the new album with them right now, he's too busy with DBS plus the studio is in LA, Chester now lives in Arizona again.

Did he say he liked it or anything along those lines?

Nope, just said he knew what was on it. But even if he had, he works for them...he's not going to say anything negative regardless of what he really thinks. That's part of his job.

Edited by Astat

I'm sure Mike meant musical work when he said Queen meets AC/DC meets hardcore techno. I don't think Chester is working on the new album with them right now, he's too busy with DBS plus the studio is in LA, Chester now lives in Arizona again.

that's what I don't like about side projects...they take LP back :P

but anyway,yes,I was just dreaming...you know,it made me think of his vocals on Highway to Hell with Camp Freddy...fuckin awesome

Wait wait wait.....Techno?

I love techno but........Linkin park + techno?

i dont get it :/

Are they gonna make their new genre any worse than that?

You're taking that too literally.

Mike only said hardcore techno because the song is probably a very electronic rock song. That doesn't mean it's a song that's gonna be played at raves or anything.

i think it would be a great mix =)

i mean ac/dc and queen are both pioneers of heavy metal/hard rock so i think it has some pretty heavy riffs and when mike says hardcore techno i think he means that there are a lot of samples in it.

pretty tight mix if you ask me^^

and ac/dc + queen = pretty tight guitar solo xD

Edited by Blackened_Deather

i think it would be a great mix =)

i mean ac/dc and queen are both pioneers of heavy metal/hard rock so i think it has some pretty heavy riffs and when mike says hardcore techno i think he means that there are a lot of samples in it.

pretty tight mix if you ask me^^

and ac/dc + queen = pretty tight guitar solo xD

both queen and AC/C have really nothing to do with metal, they are just rock bands, do not expect impressive guitar solos by brad anyway

both queen and AC/C have really nothing to do with metal, they are just rock bands...

wrong!!! they are considered now as hard rock bands but they are both one of the main pioneering bands of heavy metal including led zeppelin and black sabbath.

look i know wikipedia is not reliable but there are many sources listed in there:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_heavy_metal_bands

Boooo! :angry: I don't care much for Queens or AC/DC. Together, they're even more boring. I gravitated toward LP because they were different from all those straight rock acts incorporating different styles. but maybe LP's spin could make those sounds bearable.

As for LP + hardcore-techno, a match made in heaven for me. :lol: Although, I'm still curious to hear what the demo sounds like.

To me I take this more as being experimental rather than actually sounding like those three things. And at the end of the day should it make it to the album you won't recognise the song from the description because LP wouldn't want a song that sounded like somebody else...

On the guitar solo note, I'm still very undecided - they've never been a prominent part of LPs songs and they could then just be generalised into a rock/metal band who plays guitar solos like most other rock bands. However, it would be nice to see some more experimental guitar and more difficult guitar structures. As my music tastes have expanded over the years and listening to LP I do sometimes feel they're average musicians compared to other bands, I'm not having a go at the band at all here because I love their music and will until the day I die and they will always be my favourite band, but it just seems the guitars are very basic and the bass is always played very low barring a few songs.

I'm not asking for a straight up rock/metal album such as metallica/a7x/bullet something like that, I'd quite like to see guitar evolution along with the electronic sound. Maybe something like ND but with a much more difficult guitar...hopefully someone sees where I'm going here :)

To me I take this more as being experimental rather than actually sounding like those three things. And at the end of the day should it make it to the album you won't recognise the song from the description because LP wouldn't want a song that sounded like somebody else...

On the guitar solo note, I'm still very undecided - they've never been a prominent part of LPs songs and they could then just be generalised into a rock/metal band who plays guitar solos like most other rock bands. However, it would be nice to see some more experimental guitar and more difficult guitar structures. As my music tastes have expanded over the years and listening to LP I do sometimes feel they're average musicians compared to other bands, I'm not having a go at the band at all here because I love their music and will until the day I die and they will always be my favourite band, but it just seems the guitars are very basic and the bass is always played very low barring a few songs.

I'm not asking for a straight up rock/metal album such as metallica/a7x/bullet something like that, I'd quite like to see guitar evolution along with the electronic sound. Maybe something like ND but with a much more difficult guitar...hopefully someone sees where I'm going here :)

+1

I wholeheartedly agree with you on this one. This is what i have always though. Well said Rob well said