19.07.2009 - Istanbul, Turkey

The first show.

It always brings a lot of curiosity, a lot of anxiety and certainly a lot of discussion. From Berlin and Projekt Revolution in 2007 to Hannover and Skive in 2008, we've been here covering every aspect of every show along the Minutes To Midnight touring cycle. The first show of this summer outing brings us all here once again, to do what some of you would call "celebrate the new setlist".

Once you start thinking about it, the questions pile in. What will the band open and close the show with? Will they bring some older songs back that we haven't seen in a while? Will they play a new song? What Dead By Sunrise songs will be played later on in the set? Is 'No Roads Left' finally getting its debut? And is this yet another one of Mark's long pre-show writeups?

We don't know much about what the band will do, but one thing we do know is that Dead By Sunrise, Chester's side project, will be performing a "few songs" in LP's encore. Hopefully we see more surprises than just that!

Hopefully the setlist will be in shortly after the show is over. A Turkish fansite says they will be updating the set as the show goes on. I've yet to find exactly where that will be on their site, so we'll have to ask them.

Everyone excited for the first big show of 2009? Is anyone from LPLive going to this one? Please your final bets for the show!

Edit by LESTAT:

Also, check out the two new videos from Dead By Sunrise's Las Vegas show

Crawl Back In (Clip):

Let Down (Clip):

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i missed your long pre show write ups. Felt like reading a preview of an episode of a dramatic show lol. Im not expecting a setlist till Tuesday tbh. but lets see how things work out!

i missed your long pre show write ups. Felt like reading a preview of an episode of a dramatic show lol. Im not expecting a setlist till Tuesday tbh. but lets see how things work out!

I was going to do one that's huge for this post but I decided na it's boring to do that, lol.

Should have a setlist Sunday night to be honest.

I was going to do one that's huge for this post but I decided na it's boring to do that, lol.

Should have a setlist Sunday night to be honest.

oh whoops i meant Monday night... forgot today is sunday. i was thinking it was monday lol. man im messed up newayz. lets hope. That website should set up a twitter account tweet the songs haha

oh whoops i meant Monday night... forgot today is sunday. i was thinking it was monday lol. man im messed up newayz. lets hope. That website should set up a twitter account tweet the songs haha

This. The first Tool (my second favorite band right behind LP) show since 2007 was tonight in Denver and I was following a guy on Twitter who was posting the setlist as it happened. Twitter is so useful for things like that. If there are any Turkish fans that read this and are attending the show, start tweeting for us tomorrow!

This. The first Tool (my second favorite band right behind LP) show since 2007 was tonight in Denver and I was following a guy on Twitter who was posting the setlist as it happened. Twitter is so useful for things like that. If there are any Turkish fans that read this and are attending the show, start tweeting for us tomorrow!

message to Linkin Park band members:

I don't wanna be let down :(

I dont expect huge setlist change! anyway! this is going to be special..

I will be happy if: they bring back 2 or 3 oldies (like Forgotten, P5hng me awy, APFMH), play New Divide, and DBS comes in the first encore and if they remove Somewhere I Belong. I can see this happening without any problem.

i would be mad if: they play AGAIN PMA Piano version, oh god.. its awful (it used to be great..) Runaway, In Between, LOATR

^^

Hell yeah twitter would be awesome.

My final bets:

- By Myself

- A new song besides New Divide

- Possibly No Roads Left but with the DBS songs, it's hard to say

seems a bit optimistic but why not

i think it will be a normal 2008 setlist with new devide and maybe a older song.

i dont think (hope) that they will play PMA piano since its a new year and they played that for about 2 years.

i also think they will have some new intro/outros, maybe even a new "remix" of a song like they did with PMA.

Who knows, i guess i'd prefer a good show over a good setlist, both would be awesome

And is this yet another one of Mark's long pre-show writeups?

That's what I thought while reading it. Just kidding. :lol:

Hell yeah twitter would be awesome.

My final bets:

- By Myself

- A new song besides New Divide

- Possibly No Roads Left but with the DBS songs, it's hard to say

Pretty optimistic, imo. Hope it happens, maybe we will hear a new song and an old one (let's hope), but I can't see 'em performing No Roads Left. I would die to hear it, anyway.

Several Bulgarian fans are going to that show, but I'm still too young. :/

What the show is over? wtf?

Nope. Not sure where you got that idea. :P

Did anyone manage to find out if there will be a pro-shot recording of tonight show or a live stream like in Rio, seeing as the band are playing a festival and often there are recordings?

There is no live stream, however there will most likely be a highlights show in the home country. Maybe broadcasting 1-4 songs.